Jan 1, 2018
Done. Thank you.
That is an excellent solution. But to answer your question, most genre tags here do contain planned features (including fetishes) that haven't been implemented yet. Some of those features never end up in the final game even. But the tags really help guide the niche players (i.e. fetishists) to your work, even before they're in, some of whom might become donors just for that reason. Anyway, it's your call. Just wanted to tell you what I've seen others do here.

Reactions: magicnuts

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
From what I saw from this first release, and if it keeps this quality I can see it being one of the top games on patreon.

exlol

Jan 13, 2019
Wow this game is actually very good and the art is well made.
Favorite thing for me is the humour laughed way too much
Good luck with the game pretty excited with the future updates.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
As everyone has said the game is great.

One of the mediocre parts is false choice. It is done for comedic effect so I can forgive most of it, I do hope it calms down on the amount of those though.

One of the endearing parts is even though MC might not be the brightest knife in the tool shed doorknob drawer. He is a caring individual, the maple sleeping wing scenes are touching and heart breaking/warming. So even though you know he is a perv just hoping to get some booty, he won't go out of his way to hurt others to do it. This makes the MC likeable and a likeable MC really helps out a game.

Reactions: HenWen

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
But the tags really help guide the niche players (i.e. fetishists) to your work, even before they're in, some of whom might become donors just for that reason.
You are right. They do help. I hope that we can add more tags gradually.

One of the mediocre parts is false choice. It is done for comedic effect so I can forgive most of it, I do hope it calms down on the amount of those though.
For the most part, we tried to limit choices to situations in which the MC might logically want to pause and consider his options, e.g., before allowing someone to enter his room.

Could we have tracked the choices and made them more meaningful? Yes. But given the nature of 2D art, that would have required an ungodly amount of extra work, and instead of doing a half-assed job, we decided to eschew meaningful choices in favor of false ones, hoping that by making it more chill and humorous we can get away with it.

We will still keep them, but use them in cases when making a decision make sense. One additional utility that I can think of is as a device to break an extended conversation to add a bit of variety and -- hopefully -- make it more engaging.

Reactions: HenWen

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
For the most part, we tried to limit choices to situations in which the MC might logically want to pause and consider his options, e.g., before allowing someone to enter his room.

Could we have tracked the choices and made them more meaningful? Yes. But given the nature of 2D art, that would have required an ungodly amount of extra work, and instead of doing a half-assed job, we decided to eschew meaningful choices in favor of false ones, hoping that by making it more chill and humorous we can get away with it.

We will still keep them, but use them in cases when making a decision make sense. One additional utility that I can think of is as a device to break an extended conversation to add a bit of variety and -- hopefully -- make it more engaging.
As I said most of them were okay because they were comedic.

3 Examples.

1. The old lady enters the hovel. No matter what the player chose this would happen and it is fine because the attitude of who she is, she was going to do it anyways.

2. The bridge bottle, both choices go the same place. However with no more art you could have made the bottle choice have him unable to get it and then decide to back away and leave or try again. In the end he would have to do the other one, but it doesn't feel as railroaded.

3. The hunter headgear, would have been funny to show the hunter the other hats and see reactions, maybe him questioning you helping him.

No real new art needed, but gives a bit more to the game.

I do love what you are doing with the game. This isn't criticism, just hoping on a bit better hiding of the faux choices.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019

3 Examples.

1. The old lady enters the hovel. No matter what the player chose this would happen and it is fine because the attitude of who she is, she was going to do it anyways.

2. The bridge bottle, both choices go the same place. However with no more art you could have made the bottle choice have him unable to get it and then decide to back away and leave or try again. In the end he would have to do the other one, but it doesn't feel as railroaded.

3. The hunter headgear, would have been funny to show the hunter the other hats and see reactions, maybe him questioning you helping him.

I do love what you are doing with the game. This isn't criticism, just hoping on a bit better hiding of the faux choices.
Great ideas!

I love the suggested change for the bottle scene (I can imagine Lana having such a firm grip on her bottle that MC's plan of stealing it is frustrated). I don't think we have the time to go back and change it, at least right now. But perhaps later.

And we welcome criticism and suggestions. We're trying to make the best version of the game that we can and these ideas help. We are limited by how much time and talent we have. But at least we can give it a shot.

Reactions: L30

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019

3 Examples.

I understand your points but, honestly, one of the good things of this game is that there's little grinding on it. The Think button covers it already (as well as some other parts, like having to guard 2 nights waiting for the barn burglar) and having a "fail" option that would make you come back again and try the other option could be a little annoying.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I personally think that "false choices" are fine if they allow you to change the MC's tone or demeanor subtly. I like when I have a chance to say, "I'd say it this way," or "I'd do this," especially when "my way" doesn't lead to failure. Allowing me to put more of my personality into the MC without adverse consequences can be a good thing.

But, everyone likes different things. I'm sure there are people who feel the opposite as I do. I've heard complaints that, if the choice doesn't significantly change the story, it's not worth it. I obviously disagree, but to each their own.

Tlaero

Spaghett

Jan 10, 2018
Le me before download
"M'kay..."

Le me when played the game
Clapping excitedly like a seal baited with mackerel

Le me after finishing the current version
Intense withdrawal

4/5 star because MC cock blocked himself and no "Ask Madden" in game.

Last edited:

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
This game looks absolutely amazing! Great job with the graphics, dev! Can't wait to see how it'll go! Bound to get lots of patrons soon!

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
played through the content pretty fast, really love the art and the small animated bits (like the MC licking his nose), hope to see more. Also is there any relevance to the day of the week? Didn't seem relevant currently and I hope it doesn't become something like "go to person X on wednesday" because then if it's thursday all it leads to is sleeping 6 times in a row.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Probably (extreme wild guess) there'll be "X day for Y girl" stuff. Though with the ~10 girls planned, you should be able to progress more than 1 and still have scenes if you miss the apointment of any random event

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes