Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
During that 8 months, Chestnut gave birth to her second child and Chestnut was briefly in hospital, so it's reasonable to hope that things might speed up a bit.
Wrong name on who broke themselves. And it won't speed up

Reactions: AleXD

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
You know... I actually kinda expected the new update to drop in april or may at the latest but I guess I was overly optmistic. I haven't been keeping up to date with the game or the devs since the last (current) update so I'm not sure if something is going on with Chestnut and Pistachio. Not sure why it takes so much longer than usual unless the update is gonna be twice as big as the ones before it :unsure: Seeing how the update is only about halfway done is kinda worrying. I'm still just as excited as I always was for any update but it certainly starts to feel like 'What a Legend' might never finish... atleast not in the next 20 years when looking at how incredibly big the world is and how we are still just in the first out of 7 or 8 (?) hub worlds.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
You know... I actually kinda expected the new update to drop in april or may at the latest but I guess I was overly optmistic. I haven't been keeping up to date with the game or the devs since the last (current) update so I'm not sure if something is going on with Chestnut and Pistachio. Not sure why it takes so much longer than usual unless the update is gonna be twice as big as the ones before it :unsure: Seeing how the update is only about halfway done is kinda worrying. I'm still just as excited as I always was for any update but it certainly starts to feel like 'What a Legend' might never finish... atleast not in the next 20 years when looking at how incredibly big the world is and how we are still just in the first out of 7 or 8 (?) hub worlds.
0.6 took them ~10 months, they got a new kid since then ........ People still expecting sub-year releases need to change what game they follow

Reactions: TheDevian

emrx

Dec 20, 2022
iOS PORT
What a Legend iOS Port
Version: 0.6.02c

Touch Gestures:
Swipe Up to Open Menu
Swipe Down to Hide Text Menu
Swipe Left to Rollback
Swipe Right to Skip

Download:

Instructions:

More iOS VN Ports:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1680301922360.png
Weekly report 151
Hi, everybody.
Hope you're all doing well. Here's a summary of our work this week:

Chestnut:
She worked on cutscenes for one of Gomira's first quest's events, and although she had initially planned to finish a background, she decided to instead spend the rest of her time on sprite tasks (which was very handy given what I'm working on). We posted a cutscene she had done earlier showing Jen's butt (a new female character introduced in 0.7) as a spoiler here.

Pistachio:
I did pretty much what I had planned to do: edited the text, posed a bunch of dialogues (well, actually, one longish one with several sections), found and fixed a few game-breaking bugs caused by conflicting events, and wrote a new dialogue, which I came to see was necessary, and posed it.

Next week's plan:
My plan for the coming week is to finish posing two big events, and if I can manage that, I'd be in a good position to complete Gomira's first quest in April (it has a very eventful and cutscene-heavy end, so I'm probably being ambitious, but I'm hopeful).
Chestnut has a few unfinished backgrounds and sprite additions, but her current plan is to focus on cutscenes.

That's all, folks.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

HarryFlash

Aug 4, 2019
0.6 took them ~10 months, they got a new kid since then ........ People still expecting sub-year releases need to change what game they follow
Having a kid isn't what's causing the update to take over a year, It's the size of the content for this update. This is the largest amount of content they've ever planned on any of their releases.
Now having a baby has slowed them down a bit. But they aren't massively behind what their normal progress would be.
An example of just how large this update is compared to previous ones would be to look at the art tasks (This is usually the slowest part of development). The previous update (which had been the largest up to that point) had 199 art tasks and took chestnut 10 months to complete. The current update has 280 tasks a massive 40% increase on the last one. Hence the reason I felt gomiras story should have been a 2 parter rather then a single release.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes