moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Best comment ever written in this thread. Ignore, report, and move on. Just let them screech into the void, without the reactions they crave, until the garbage men show up
Oh, fuck off. They pole-vault straight to "MILKING! SCAM!" and when it's pointed out that there are people putting in the effort to track progress and verify MN are putting in the work, the update is just enormous, or that crowdfunding patterns make long stretches between updates the absolute worst strategy for milking (as opposed to monthly nano-updates), or that simple arithmetic shows that the numbers they throw out for how long things should take are just being plucked out of their own asses, they go silent or at most facepalm-react. If they were looking to raise concerns, they'd put in the effort to engage in conversation and at least try to come up with coherent counterarguments.

No, what they're doing is plain old virtue signalling. People noticed in threads for games with actual scammy devs that hopping on the bandwagon calling out the scam got likes, so now they're trying to replicate that by jumping into every thread for every game that hasn't had an update in a while to virtue signal about how they're the big-brain boys who are too smart to get suckered by a scammer. Lately I'm even seeing it in threads for games that haven't gotten an update recently because the game is fucking completed and is tagged Completed, but it's been almost eighteen months so they're gleefully gibbering about how it's about to get tagged as abandoned as if that's something that happens automatically at the eighteen-month mark regardless of anything else.

But, sure, we're the ones in the echo chamber.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
I haven't read it and don't care. It's miling alllllllllllllllllll the way.

Year without update is called milking. Topic should be labeled as abandoned. Just reported it.
I mean they had a pretty good excuse for it taking so long. It's a husband and wife team working on the game and they just had a baby a few months ago. That's going to take away like 80% time they have to work on the game.

agelastos

Feb 7, 2020
I mean they had a pretty good excuse for it taking so long. It's a husband and wife team working on the game and they just had a baby a few months ago. That's going to take away like 80% time they have to work on the game.
That's a poor excuse. Have they never heard of child labor? I'm sure that newborn is as good a writer as half the devs on this site. Put it to work!

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1692410289377.png
Weekly report 171
Hi everybody.
Happy Friday! Here's a summary of what we did last week:

Chestnut:
I had already sent Chestnut a few Photoshop files with placeholder hands/eyes/clothing, and her main focus last week was going through them and drawing the necessary sprite elements. She also worked a little more on Gomira's nude sprite (seen from the front and using the same facial features but different hands); she had started it a while back and even recorded a bit of the drawing process.

Pistachio:
Last week, I posed sprites for various dialogues. There was one back-and-forth between characters that needed to be rewritten (and I'm not entirely happy with it), but I think everything else looks good for now. I've ended up needing more tasks than I had planned -- I'm making my life a bit difficult by trying to make things cinematic, but my hope is you will like the final results.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut plans to work on cutscenes, but if she draws Gomira's boobs, we'll be sure to record it so that I can compile all the videos together and post them for you.
I'm going to stop posing for a while and go back to all the dialogues I've been working on. I'm still relatively early in Gomira's second quest, but I've done a few dialogues from it and want to do some testing and make sure everything makes sense before going forward with more posing.

That's all.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheers

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
A 'fun' fact from the graphtreon data: they are currently earning 8.4k, which is 600 bucks less than just six months ago, and that's not going to improve in the near future. So fear not, patrons keep penalizing them for not releasing an update.

Now, more financial details: Patreon takes at least an 8% of that income, plus other exchange fees that I won't take into account. Then there's VAT, which is a whopping 21% in Spain that Patreon will take from them and give to the Spanish tax authorities - and considering devs' job doesn't really need many inputs, they can't compensate that amount with the VAT they pay for those inputs. That means that they currently have a net revenue of less than 6k per month. Now, they are self-employed, so with their gross income they are forced to pay about 350 bucks each to the Spanish Healthcare, and we are down to 5.3k per month. Of course, they still need to face the Personal Income Tax for their annual revenue, which could mean that they'd need to put aside about the 40% of their income. So in the end they are currently earning about 3.2k, maybe 3.8k per month if they can take advantage of some tax benefits due to them being a family. A family of 4 members, living in Spain. Even if my maths are off for 1k, they are not getting rich with this game, that's for sure.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
A 'fun' fact from the graphtreon data: they are currently earning 8.4k, which is 600 bucks less than just six months ago, and that's not going to improve in the near future. So fear not, patrons keep penalizing them for not releasing an update.

Now, more financial details: Patreon takes at least an 8% of that income, plus other exchange fees that I won't take into account. Then there's VAT, which is a whopping 21% in Spain that Patreon will take from them and give to the Spanish tax authorities - and considering devs' job doesn't really need many inputs, they can't compensate that amount with the VAT they pay for those inputs. That means that they currently have a net revenue of less than 6k per month. Now, they are self-employed, so with their gross income they are forced to pay about 350 bucks each to the Spanish Healthcare, and we are down to 5.3k per month. Of course, they still need to face the Personal Income Tax for their annual revenue, which could mean that they'd need to put aside about the 40% of their income. So in the end they are currently earning about 3.2k, maybe 3.8k per month if they can take advantage of some tax benefits due to them being a family. A family of 4 members, living in Spain. Even if my maths are off for 1k, they are not getting rich with this game, that's for sure.
That's very accurate. I live in Spain too and I know the pain every single month. :(

Jul 8, 2021

Are you by any chance somehow related or connected to the devs? Or is all of this data in the public access?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
So in the end they are currently earning about 3.2k, maybe 3.8k per month if they can take advantage of some tax benefits due to them being a family. A family of 4 members, living in Spain. Even if my maths are off for 1k, they are not getting rich with this game, that's for sure.
Don't forget, Graphtreon shows $, not Euro.
$3,200 is 2,938 Euro.
\ 2 = 1469 Euro
Average wage in Spain (for Jan 2023) is 2,127 Euro pcm.

They are definitely not getting rich!

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Are you by any chance somehow related or connected to the devs? Or is all of this data in the public access?
I already linked the public graphtreon stats but here they are again -> . Graphtreon is a web service that checks Patreon's pages and offers its public data, and these devs don't hide their income.

Patreon's cut is 8% (or even 12% if they chose the premium thingy, which I doubt) ->

The rest is simple maths from the Spanish tax system, since I'm from Spain too and I'm aware of how it works.

Edit .- Full disclosure, I am somehow connected to the devs, since I translate the game (a fan translation) and I'm also a mod on their discord. But I don't take a penny from them or other benefits, nor give them any money, nor receive any kind of orders from them to defend them. And all data are publicly available, as I stated above.

Jul 8, 2021
I already linked the public graphtreon stats but here they are again -> . Graphtreon is a web service that checks Patreon's pages and offers its public data, and these devs don't hide their income.

Patreon's cut is 8% (or even 12% if they chose the premium thingy, which I doubt) ->

The rest is simple maths from the Spanish tax system, since I'm from Spain too and I'm aware of how it works.

Edit .- Full disclosure, I am somehow connected to the devs, since I translate the game (a fan translation) and I'm also a mod on their discord. But I don't take a penny from them or other benefits, nor give them any money, nor receive any kind of orders from them to defend them. And all data are publicly available, as I stated above.
Ok thx

Reactions: Lovv99 and moskyx
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes