Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
I haven't played the game in god knows when I checked their website and the its at "99.8 percent complete" on the image that show progress. I checked ty WayBackMachine and it does show progress from a couple months back so I have some hope the update will come out in the month or two (cope).
You're looking at the wrong section. Look at "total polish" because the update is currently in the polish phase. The final 0.2 percent won't be added to the "total content" section until "total polish" is done.

Lithy

Jul 29, 2018
1723272494950.png
I keep seeing people blaming patreon voters for voting for Gomira, but as I remember Gomira lost the poll. It's just the poll was about the order of content rather than what content to add . I tried finding posts about it but it seems it's all gone. This is the only proof I found and updates have been happening in the same order as this poll.

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
How is this abandoned? i just saw there newest art from this month.
Forum rules. They keep working on it but it's been more than 18 months without any update so it gets the tag.

View attachment 3916371
I keep seeing people blaming patreon voters for voting for Gomira, but as I remember Gomira lost the poll. It's just the poll was about the order of content rather than what content to add . I tried finding posts about it but it seems it's all gone. This is the only proof I found and updates have been happening in the same order as this poll.
They run a Patreon poll after each update, Gomira won the last one after 0.6 was released.*
Edit.- Actually, she won the poll after 0.5, as these polls are for the focus of the update after. Then Holly won the latest one and she'll be featured in 0.8.

Last edited:

_Gaalec_

May 14, 2022
View attachment 3916371
Interesting... :unsure:

ProfN42

Feb 16, 2022
Dialogs are always in the middle of the code in every RenPy game, but this code is particularly complex due to those layered images (take into account that there are 3 characters on this particular scene), and the game is designed so those poses change after every dialog line or action. It's their problem the code is so bulky, sure, but that's just how they chose to make this game more than four years ago, and also a big part of its success because it almost looks like a fully animated game. I don't think most of complainers are really aware of this game's actual complexity.
This is how I always expected it worked, sort of like a "paper doll" with various facial expressions, accessories, etc layered on top.

But it does once again raise the question of why outfit changes are so allegedly impossible to do. Wouldn't it just be a matter of adding more variables?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
This is how I always expected it worked, sort of like a "paper doll" with various facial expressions, accessories, etc layered on top.

But it does once again raise the question of why outfit changes are so allegedly impossible to do. Wouldn't it just be a matter of adding more variables?
Sure, the thing is that these dialog parts with sprites and different layers usually lead to (or are often interrupted by) full drawn cutscenes. So you'd need to either draw those cutscenes with all possible outfit combinations for every character involved, or come up with a satisfactory extra scene or dialog to explain why the outfit changes for the cutscene (which eventually would become uninspired and repetitive). It would be possible to do for some particular scenes but not as a main feature

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes