magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Can we get the women pregnant in the game or might it be a future plan?
As others answered, it is planned but not in the game currently. We are leaving optional content (such as pregnancy) for later.
please sir give the next update please
The update is not ready. You can see the progress in the OP.
I ran into a problem. Celestine told me to meet her at the well the evening of the next day but when I went to the well the next evening she's not there.
I've used the word evening to refer to dusk. So try going there at different hours.

Reactions: Ghostly

zeruel09

Jul 14, 2020
Hey, I just saw your question. The 0.3 version should include the Main Story until the titfuck, and one quest with Holly (the shepherdess). 0.4 will focus on Myrtle (the woodcutter's wife). All the images in the OP are already in the game, so if there are some that you haven't seen, there are parts you haven't played yet (check the crystal ball for hints if you're stuck).

I figured i just missed some things thats why Im not seeing them. Thanks for replying man, your game is out of this world! I love it!

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1605899718227.png

Hi everybody.
The first quest is officially complete (after extra adjustments and edits and without the sex scene), and it feels like it has almost as much content already as that of Holly in 0.3 (we'll need to return to her later to amend this). But we're working on two other quests, of course, to try to improve our updates and have more content.

Here's a summary of what we did this week:
Chestnut:
Chestnut has been working on the second quest, drawing cutscenes, almost exclusively. She has advanced a lot, and with a few more days of work, she can go for the third and final quest.

Pistachio:
After finishing the first quest last weekend, I started posing the scenes from the second quest. I am more than halfway through posing the new scenes as I write this and expect to have started the third quest by the next report.
As planned, I added several sound effects to the first quest.
And lastly, I have spent most of today coding and adding the base framework for the sex screens (which we'll focus on once we're done with most artworks of the three quests).

Next week's plan:
Chestnut wants to finish the second quest and variations in the cutscenes (for example, different hands and eyes within a particular cutscene). She has a few more sprite additions to do for the second quest and then some new bag items (we have planned 11 of them for 0.4, and not all have their artworks done).
I want to finish the posing of the second quest and go for the third one. The third quest is even more cutscene heavy than the first two, but it doesn't have as many scenes with sprites in them, so posing should be easier. I also want to bring the writing tasks to 100% (if possible), which means writing the talks during the sex.

That's all folks.
Have a great weekend
Cheers

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I'm really counting down the days at this point. Every new release is a highlight for sure. I feel like the only thing that could make this game even better is if the time period between updates would be shorter but I'm sure there would be more people required for that. It's already a miracle that we get a game of this caliber from just two people.

I'm sure WaL could even rival the likes of Treasure of Nadia or Summertime Saga in terms of popularity and income if updates would come more frequently.

Anyways, I'm just really glad that this game exists and I'm terribly excited to see what it'll deliver in the future... makes me wish I had a time machine to play the whole thing.

Thanks for all your efforts, Chestnut & Pistachio!

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
I'm sure WaL could even rival the likes of Treasure of Nadia or Summertime Saga in terms of popularity and income if updates would come more frequently.
Well, in terms of update schedule, i think no one beats NLT with their constant 2 weeks update. This game is simply arts. I really don't wanna push the team (which is just two of 'em), to rush the updates that may affect to the outstanding art. But, i truly hope the update sequence is not so long that people start forgetting about the game.

But, yeah. This game had a really BIG potential.

Reactions: magicnuts

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'm really counting down the days at this point. Every new release is a highlight for sure. I feel like the only thing that could make this game even better is if the time period between updates would be shorter but I'm sure there would be more people required for that. It's already a miracle that we get a game of this caliber from just two people.

Well, in terms of update schedule, i think no one beats NLT with their constant 2 weeks update. This game is simply arts. I really don't wanna push the team (which is just two of 'em), to rush the updates that may affect to the outstanding art. But, i truly hope the update sequence is not so long that people start forgetting about the game.
The problem with 2D is always the time it takes to create the art, as we see in Summertime Saga, too. Once we are talking about 3D games, it's fairly easy to pass on/split work once the models and locations are available or to simply increase the speed by investing in really, really good hardware. The outcome will always look the same, no matter who arranges or renders it.

For 2D that's sadly not the case, especially once we ara talking about sex/cut scenes, and the only way to increase a the speed above what we see here or with SS (give or take a little of course) is to hire more arists and introduce a system of really good supervision, so people don't see that art is created by different people. So you probably will have to jump from 1 to 3 people drawing to really maximise the outcome. It's a whole new level of effort which until now nobody in the community wants to risk, for good reasons, probably.

At least that's my take on the whole situation and that's why I'm way more patient and relaxed with 2D developers.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019

Anyways, I'm just really glad that this game exists and I'm terribly excited to see what it'll deliver in the future... makes me wish I had a time machine to play the whole thing.

Thanks for all your efforts, Chestnut & Pistachio!
Chestnut, too, always says she wishes she had a time machine to play the whole thing (and see how she drew a particular scene that is being tricky). :giggle:

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
The problem with 2D is always the time it takes to create the art, as we see in Summertime Saga, too. Once we are talking about 3D games, it's fairly easy to pass on/split work once the models and locations are available or to simply increase the speed by investing in really, really good hardware. The outcome will always look the same, no matter who arranges or renders it.

For 2D that's sadly not the case, especially once we ara talking about sex/cut scenes, and the only way to increase a the speed above what we see here or with SS (give or take a little of course) is to hire more arists and introduce a system of really good supervision, so people don't see that art is created by different people. So you probably will have to jump from 1 to 3 people drawing to really maximise the outcome. It's a whole new level of effort which until now nobody in the community wants to risk, for good reasons, probably.

At least that's my take on the whole situation and that's why I'm way more patient and relaxed with 2D developers.
Drawing cutscenes is what takes up most of Chestnut's time. We could reduce their number, I guess, but they are what make the game more cinematic, and we don't want to lower the quality (in fact, we have increased their amount with each subsequent update).

Hiring artists to assist Chestnut could considerably speed up the dev time, but as you said, it could be tricky, and we don't want to risk it yet. It may be that by hiring additional artists, Chestnut would still spend the same amount of time supervising and making sure the final results match the feel of the game. We simply don't know. But it is something we've thought about a lot and want to try out in the future.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Early December I guess, we've yet to have the delayed update where their cat is broken or their PC ran away.
We regularly back up our cats' data, and I hope our three siamese PCs will be happy and healthy for many more years.

We had a single two-week delay for 0.3, and I believe that, together with the reasons behind it, was clearly communicated at the time in our weekly reports. There will be no more delays for the simple fact that we are not going to announce more release dates for them to be delayed.

We are working full-time on the game six days a week, and when the game's ready (and adequately tested), we'll release it.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes