4.30 star(s) 183 Votes

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
I did not see the answer to this as I am unable to find out but the three files posted a few pages back are they just dropped in the game folder or somewhere else?

Also not sure this is due to the files needing to be changed but the game is crashing to desktop every so often and at different parts but I am hoping that the fix2 will stop this

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
One thing to elevate this game is the ability to name save files. With so many different paths, save file naming is very important.
I have it saved at the "tell Zoey what happened or not decision", the "make a deal or no deal with Zoey decision", and the "let Zoey rig the game or not decision" right after each other so it is easy for me to find and play all the branching paths.

khann

Jan 10, 2018
Great update, loved going through all the different possibilities, Bruce+katie was the last one I got and man did it hit the feelings, felt so bad for her
she definitely jumped up a few places on my list

My one concern would be the amount of characters that are getting involved, some are surely going to fade out of the story because I can't see how they all get meaningful content

Don't get me wrong, I love my big impregnated harem but I imagine it's a lot of work to keep them all involved

Sr.H10003

Mar 13, 2019
I did not see the answer to this as I am unable to find out but the three files posted a few pages back are they just dropped in the game folder or somewhere else?

Also not sure this is due to the files needing to be changed but the game is crashing to desktop every so often and at different parts but I am hoping that the fix2 will stop this
Those files are placed in the game folder and are the corrections that Ocean made to the bugs in the game

Sr.H10003

Mar 13, 2019
Does anyone has mega link for compressed version?
Here

Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Where It All Began [v0.5 Beta] [Ocean] - Original Size: 1.86 GB

Download Win (583 MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok thanks i asked as i did not see similar named files in the folder on a quick glance
you're welcome

Reactions: anwar and Deathdawg

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017

If you downloaded the new version that was uploaded yesterday, it shouldn't crash anymore.

And if it does, it's not my fault.
In version 1, I had a code line that increased the image cache. This line got removed and for most people, everything went smooth from then on.

The version you can download right now has all the fixes to stop the crashing and disable game-breaking bugs. There is nothing else I changed.
I will look into it anyways and see if I can find something.

One thing to elevate this game is the ability to name save files. With so many different paths, save file naming is very important.
This and the gallery will be added with version 0.6.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I see this here. I look in some other threads I follow: "why is this game so linear ? can we get some choices that actually matter ? is this a game or am I reading a book ?" :unsure::unsure:
You can rest assured I've never written something like that in this forum, ever.
I have nothing against kinetic novels or linear games in general, quite the contrary actually.

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
I downloaded the new version fix 2 and still get the error of katie asking about the trial. Any other links i should try that are fix if no one else having the same problem?

WoodyGB

May 5, 2017
Ghost Rida
- I went into the image folder, copied z591.jpg and renamed it z590.jpg. It fixed that issue.
- The lucas scene (MLfuck.webm) needs a webm file and it's possible to just change "MLfuck" to "ml40" and it should work for now but you'd have to remember to change it back when oceanlab uploads the webm file.
- zoeyknows wasn't defined in one choice. So i added this to line 2080 in Chapter3.rpy (make sure you maintain the spacing so it lines up with the other variables being declared)
$ zoeyknows = False
- And the error with "image attributes" is the extra "k" in there. In line 6733, it's supposed be:
k "Today we.. talked on an even ground.. but I still hate you.."
I found MLfuck.webm in an earlier version and copied it across.

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I downloaded the "new" game posted yesterday and started from the beginning again (twice), it still crashed back to desktop on two different occasions.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I downloaded the "new" game posted yesterday and started from the beginning again (twice), it still crashed back to desktop on two different occasions.
I had the same problem. Try using these files for the options (delete other options rpy and rpyc)

Reactions: UraN82

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
What's the error code?
For me both the original, and bug fix options files kept crashing it so used a pretty much defualt version of the files with putting version 0.5 and "where it all began" on there and works fine.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
For me both the original, and bug fix options files kept crashing it so used a pretty much defualt version of the files with putting version 0.5 and "where it all began" on there and works fine.
I will do the same then. I'll pick them from a fresh renpy folder.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
I have like some here downloaded several copies of the latest version and also the latest O.5 Fixed version but it is still crashing at the point with Katie at the Picnic. Oceanlab

Right now, I'm not sure what else to do or add?

4.30 star(s) 183 Votes