4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Now this is just straight up retarded.

A girl over the age of 18 and she is still a virgin? And on top of that she thinks that sex isn't important? Sex is the most important aspect in a relationship and the number 1 cause for breakups.

Dana is not a realistic character at all.
There are some people that value love over sex first....to me Dana being a virgin says alot about her character and I can respect her choice to be a virgin. She might just want it to be special instead of giving it up to the first guy trying to get in her pants. Not everyone is in a relation ship to get laid. She seems like a decent girl.
Number 1 cause for break ups? Sure if your only in that relationship for the sex which at that point...whats the point of the relationship? lol

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017

Hello,

The poll regarding Katie did end and we will keep the old model for now. As I said in the last post, I wasn't totally satisfied with the new models either.

I decided to read into "skin creation/modification." I will try to modify her old skin into a UHD skin. It would keep her whole essence with the benefit of more quality.

Now to some shit news.

As most of you know, I am from Germany. In Germany, you must have health insurance.

I had to switch my insurance from "Student" to "Self-employed."

It costs me 208€ a month or 231$. Which is okay, I can pay it.

But now comes the thing that could break my neck.

October 29th, 2018 was the day I released my game and this was also the day I had to create a business for it. (In 4 days is the anniversary.)

And till May 2019, I made less than 450€ a month which is the minimum wage in Germany. But after that, I had to change my insurance.

And guess what.. I now also have to pay for the months from October 2018 (start of the business) to September 2019. (The month my new insurance got active)

Short: An additional 2300€ (~2500$). They, of course, wanted me to pay it all at once. Which I could never do. I'm a fucking student who sometimes lives from oatmeal lol.

We now came to the conclusion, that I have to pay an additional fee of 200€ a month (Which makes 400€+ a month just for one insurance.) for a year till I covered it. (I also have Photoshop/After Effects/Premiere pro subscriptions.) (Taxes not included.)

With WIAB I earn 800$. Which are 720€ from which the payment processor takes a cut too.

I'm in the worst place of earnings right now. I make a little bit too much to be handled as a student and too less than that I could just cover all expenses.

"What are you trying to tell us?"
I have to get another part-time job which will slow down the development. (For a year or until WIAB supports itself and all expenses that come with it.)

But either this or I have to put the game on hold till I covered everything. Which would be in a year from now. But neither you nor I want this.

I really love making this game. It fulfills me in a way normal work could never do. And I have so many well thought out ideas for WIAB and the games that will follow.

I also wanted to say Thank you! for the increased support after I released 0.5. Without it, I would have a real problem.

I stand for transparency. The people who are supporting me with their money have the right to know what is going on with the game and its surroundings.

I'm sure we'll get through this!

I will now start working on 0.6. (I'm hyped for this update. I like it a lot.)

I also acquired some additional licenses for some nice music.

The wallpapers for October are almost done.

I wish you all a great day.

- Ocean

:)
That sucks ass. Would it be possible to use some sort of loophole? Perhaps your parents already make $$$$ and to put the Patreon in their name would not affect them in terms of taxes at all, and you could go back to getting the free benefits?

The guy is making a game and the government comes down on him taking his health insurance away... meanwhile a drug dealer collects a welfare check.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Haven't played this game yet, but does This girl have much if any content yet? She is gorgeous. Is she just a side character? A future love interest?

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
That sucks ass. Would it be possible to use some sort of loophole? Perhaps your parents already make $$$$ and to put the Patreon in their name would not affect them in terms of taxes at all, and you could go back to getting the free benefits?

The guy is making a game and the government comes down on him taking his health insurance away... meanwhile a drug dealer collects a welfare check.
Well, they didn't take it away, they just made it a lot more expensive. But no, there isn't a loophole for this. At least none that I know of.

Haven't played this game yet, but does This girl have much if any content yet? She is gorgeous. Is she just a side character? A future love interest?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Well, they didn't take it away, they just made it a lot more expensive. But no, there isn't a loophole for this. At least none that I know of.
All of the following is considered a tax write off in Germany:

costs of travelling to and from work
business literature
professional dues, and
work equipment.

That means...

The photoshop program (and others) you pay for can be deducted as a work expense.
Whatever you pay for internet can be deducted as a work expense.
Your electric bill or at least part of can be deducted as a work expense.
Any computer hardware you purchase can be deducted as a work expense.
If you went out to lunch on a "work break" you could probably even write that off as well.

Even part of educational expenses can be written off.

I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure if you prove a number of business expenses you can get back under that threshold to make it less expensive again. And if not under the threshold after current expenses simply go more "into the red" by doing something like buying a new computer or any other thing you could call a "business expense" that is costly. I would look into if this is possible.

I think it's just a matter of getting your "taxable income" below the bar.

Reactions: numanumani

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
All of the following is considered a tax write off in Germany:

costs of travelling to and from work
business literature
professional dues, and
work equipment.

That means...

The photoshop program (and others) you pay for can be deducted as a work expense.
Whatever you pay for internet can be deducted as a work expense.
Your electric bill or at least part of can be deducted as a work expense.
Any computer hardware you purchase can be deducted as a work expense.
If you went out to lunch on a "work break" you could probably even write that off as well.

Even part of educational expenses can be written off.

I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure if you prove a number of business expenses you can get back under that threshold to make it less expensive again. And if not under the threshold after current expenses simply go more "into the red" by doing something like buying a new computer or any other thing you could call a "business expense" that is costly. I would look into if this is possible.

I think it's just a matter of getting your "taxable income" below the bar.
Ah yea, I didn't consider this a loophole. For me, loopholes are something in the grey area. :)
My cousin works at the tax office. She's doing it all for me.

But taxes aren't the problem. It's health care. I'm just glad it will only be a problem for a year or so until I have paid the debt.

But thank you for your concern and the research you did! :)

Reactions: numanumani

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
This game is quite good. There was some funny stuff in the begining, specially with Miru, but by the ending of version 0.5 i was feeling quite guilty for Katie, the protagonist and Leia were two assholes to her.

Really nice surprise this game.

John356

Sep 25, 2019
I'm remaking your game :) just to see how you would like it with a few adjustments, Just a few. After playing through All I'm changing is some dialogue adding some sound effects putting in music and some other basic things

Last edited:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Ah yea, I didn't consider this a loophole. For me, loopholes are something in the grey area. :)
My cousin works at the tax office. She's doing it all for me.

But taxes aren't the problem. It's health care. I'm just glad it will only be a problem for a year or so until I have paid the debt.

But thank you for your concern and the research you did! :)
There are some holes in our health care system, if your problem that you are forced to join the private care PM me. I visit atm in Germany the IHK to get the master craftman's certificate. There we become teached how in our laws that can be exploited, its just timeconsuming. If you sure your problem lasts just a year ignore me, if not maybe i can give you a little hint. Just to be clear from the start: no promises :)

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Not sure about Germany but I am in a neighbor to Germany, I live in Netherlands (Holland).
And here also Insurance is mandatory by law, which I freaking hate because if you have no job no nothing you are building debt's left and right and they do not even give 2 shits on how you are gonna pay or not. But my insurance is in nowhere near as expensive as yours never knew it was that insanely expensive there, either that or you got some super premium shit going for you. If I had the option and opportunities I would legit move over to Belgium, Not only is their insurance a lot better and much better priced but medically and what not they are a fuck load better then Netherlands. I pay about 130 a month and still have a 350 Personal risk which is another bullshit in my eyes, when you pay like 35 - 45 a month in Belgium for a lot better healthcare.

I suggest learning that language and after you done with your studies or whatever it is you do gtfo asap,
You have a great game and hate to see it suffering because of external issues of any kind but such is life I hope it works out and you manage to find yourself a decent side job that isn't to taxing physically and mentally and pays decently so you can at least live stress free. And I am sure that if you keep up and get your life sorted and no other nasty surprises come your way while trying to fix this mess you gonna be more then alright.

John356

Sep 25, 2019
Not sure about Germany but I am in a neighbor to Germany, I live in Netherlands (Holland).
And here also Insurance is mandatory by law, which I freaking hate because if you have no job no nothing you are building debt's left and right and they do not even give 2 shits on how you are gonna pay or not. But my insurance is in nowhere near as expensive as yours never knew it was that insanely expensive there, either that or you got some super premium shit going for you. If I had the option and opportunities I would legit move over to Belgium, Not only is their insurance a lot better and much better priced but medically and what not they are a fuck load better then Netherlands. I pay about 130 a month and still have a 350 Personal risk which is another bullshit in my eyes, when you pay like 35 - 45 a month in Belgium for a lot better healthcare.

I suggest learning that language and after you done with your studies or whatever it is you do gtfo asap,
You have a great game and hate to see it suffering because of external issues of any kind but such is life I hope it works out and you manage to find yourself a decent side job that isn't to taxing physically and mentally and pays decently so you can at least live stress free. And I am sure that if you keep up and get your life sorted and no other nasty surprises come your way while trying to fix this mess you gonna be more then alright.
I'm pretty sure the reason why it is so costly for him is because he is running a business and because Of that I believe that he has to get some bullshit type of insurance.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
I'm pretty sure the reason why it is so costly for him is because he is running a business and because Of that I believe that he has to get some bullshit type of insurance.
Free healthcare isn't for free.

I'm not sure why he had to create a business for the game (Patreon rules?) since his earnings are still under the tax allowance of 9,168 euros (does he has other income?) but being in between two tax brackets and whatnot is always shitty.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Free healthcare isn't for free.

I'm not sure why he had to create a business for the game (Patreon rules?) since his earnings are still under the tax allowance of 9,168 euros (does he has other income?) but being in between two tax brackets and whatnot is always shitty.
The moment you start doing something that makes a profit, you have to create a business in Germany. It doesn't matter if you make 20 bucks a month or 5000. (They want to make sure you don't do tax fraud.)

You can apply for a "Kleingewerbe" (small business) which I did, so you don't have to pay a business tax until you have a turnover of 17.500€ a year.

It may be true but Belgium has the highest tax rates in the EU. I don't want to live there and ofc I'm leaving Germany. Germany is a sinking ship.

In Germany, your contribution to the health care system is based on a percentage. 15,100% health care and 0.25% nursing insurance.
And they don't take your actual income. They have a minimum tax base (Mindestbemessungsgrundlage). It's 1038,33€. (Last year it was double.)

So the moment you earn more than 450€ (or work more than 18 hours a week on it), you have to switch your insurance and they will determine your new contribution based on that minimum tax base of 1038€. (This killed more new small businesses in Germany than you can imagine. Especially before 2019. People had to pay 400€+ health insurance a month even if they earned less than 500€.)

And because I didn't switch immediately, I now have to re-pay from October 2018 - September 2019.
But it is good that I didn't switch immediately. I couldn't have paid it earlier this year and I would've been forced to stop making this game. Now I can at least finance it somewhat.

There are some holes in our health care system, if your problem that you are forced to join the private care PM me. I visit atm in Germany the IHK to get the master craftman's certificate. There we become teached how in our laws that can be exploited, its just timeconsuming. If you sure your problem lasts just a year ignore me, if not maybe i can give you a little hint. Just to be clear from the start: no promises :)
No no, I'm not in private care (yet) As soon as I start earning more than 2000€, I will switch into it. (I never get ill and I would benefit from it and the normal health care would almost cost the same then. 15,100% of 2000€ = 300€ monthly contribution. Almost the same price as private care but with fewer benefits.

But sure, write me a PM. It's always good to learn something new about taxes. :)

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes