4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Development is sluggish and odd, but progress is being made. It’s not like with, say, C-Plan, where the Patreon is silent for months and the Devs might actually be dead.

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I believe that Ocean is under heavy stress right now and situation like this your negative feedbacks won't help him or you. Don't bother him and us such pointless messages. Everyone in this thread knows that he is working hard for his game and trying to give us best experience possible. Just be patient.

5p1der

Jul 30, 2019
half a year no update. Dead game?
Look ocean is working hard on this game and to top that he's also working on another game which is fantastic so this type of behavior is not acceptable just be a good person like the rest of us and wait for the update

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
I believe that Ocean is under heavy stress right now and situation like this your negative feedbacks won't help him or you. Don't bother him and us such pointless messages. Everyone in this thread knows that he is working hard for his game and trying to give us best experience possible. Just be patient.
But he essentially got himself into this situation. He chose to work on 2 games simultaniously, he is reworking one of those games, he is massively improving render quality, now he is adding these huge cinematics that are not really that necessary while doing all this work by himself (I think). Now I´m not trying to hate on him by any means, I really enjoy WIAB and I love Summer´s Gone but maybe he has bitten off more than he can chew with all this work.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
But he essentially got himself into this situation. He chose to work on 2 games simultaniously, he is reworking one of those games, he is massively improving render quality, now he is adding these huge cinematics that are not really that necessary while doing all this work by himself (I think). Now I´m not trying to hate on him by any means, I really enjoy WIAB and I love Summer´s Gone but maybe he has bitten off more than he can chew with all this work.
Different people work in different ways. It's his time to spend how he chooses. Personally I don't like working on more than a single game at any one time for the reasons you have stated. I have heard similar complaints before when a game is not being rapidly developed. It's something several people like to complain about, but it doesn't make any sense to me for the following reason:

Nobody would complain if a developer has a wife and kids and likes to spend time with them away from developing a game.

Nobody would complain if a developer is getting a higher education attending college taking time away from game development.

Nobody would complain if a developer is working a normal job on the side to pay the bills.

Yet, a lot of folks make a fuss if a game developer works on more than 1 game at a time?

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
Different people work in different ways. It's his time to spend how he chooses. Personally I don't like working on more than a single game at any one time for the reasons you have stated. I have heard similar complaints before when a game is not being rapidly developed. It's something several people like to complain about, but it doesn't make any sense to me for the following reason:

Nobody would complain if a developer has a wife and kids and likes to spend time with them away from developing a game.

Nobody would complain if a developer is getting a higher education attending college taking time away from game development.

Nobody would complain if a developer is working a normal job on the side to pay the bills.

Yet, a lot of folks make a fuss if a game developer works on more than 1 game at a time?
Don't forget that game development, even on an indie level, is a process that can take YEARS. And CG filmmaking, which shares a fair bit of similarity with the creation process of visual novels, can also take a very long time. And those have teams of hundreds of people working on them.

An indie project with one person working on it should be expected to take a long time to complete. And many don't seem to appreciate all of the behind the scenes happenings as you mention.

The lack of patience is killer, and it's definitely an added stress on the developer. All the complaining will do is cause the update to take longer.

Source: I work in the entertainment industry, from video games to film/television.

Last edited:

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Personally, I’ve come to expect that at some point there probably will be some big drastic change coming to the development of WIAB and Summer’s Gone. What that will look like or whether it’ll be positive or negative...I can’t say. But right now I don’t think anyone, either the Dev or the people who follow the two games are particularly happy.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Personally, I’ve come to expect that at some point there probably will be some big drastic change coming to the development of WIAB and Summer’s Gone. What that will look like or whether it’ll be positive or negative...I can’t say. But right now I don’t think anyone, either the Dev or the people who follow the two games are particularly happy.
its already been announced that after WIAB 0.6 and Summers Gone 0.3 he will start to release half chapters beginning with the WIAB 0.1-0.4 rework which will now be released in 2 parts instead of 1.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
its already been announced that after WIAB 0.6 and Summers Gone 0.3 he will start to release half chapters beginning with the WIAB 0.1-0.4 rework which will now be released in 2 parts instead of 1.
I mean, maybe that’ll be the thing that turns it around, but I suspect that there’s going to be a bigger shake up to the whole approach.

Speak for you ;)
I’m pretty sure you’d be happier with more frequent updates :p

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I get your point. But he is improving render quality mostly for us. Because he thinks we deserve better. About those animations; clearly he thinks that it's necessary for his artistic vision. This is his game, he is the director, screen writer etc. He thinks those animations will add some flavour to his game.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about he is working on two games simultaneously. He might be overwhelmed at some point. But our negative feedbacks won't help this situation at all. It will make this situation worse for him and also for us.

As an artist myself, I believe that all the artists need some space while working. Most of us here not even supporting him on Patreon. At least we have to let him do his work peacefully.

Reactions: KeiNineX
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes