4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
He 100% wont compromise his quality if thats what you are referering to.
I wasn’t suggesting as much, though that’s a rather nebulous statement when quality is subjective.

What I was referring to was the possibility that he’ll restructure the multi-chapter multi-season format of the games into something more manageable for his style and method.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I would prefer to work on one game at the time. I like to finish a task before I start another, otherwise, things tend to get messy.

But I can't put one of the games on hold. That's like admitting defeat, or so it feels to me.

Even tho developing two games does bring some negativity with it, it also gives me something I would not want to miss ever again.. Variety.
The constant change of faces is wonderful. I never get bored and it always excites me to work on the other game again. It's like an extra boost of motivation.

People get angry and I hear constant nagging. I can deal with that.

But he essentially got himself into this situation. He chose to work on 2 games simultaniously, he is reworking one of those games, he is massively improving render quality, now he is adding these huge cinematics that are not really that necessary while doing all this work by himself (I think).
True. The cinematics might not be worth the time investment from a player's perspective.
But they are for me.

I always try to improve, I always try to bring things to a new level. It's what keeps me going. I get happy when I discover something new and I can't wait to implement it into the game.

Of course, I could have stayed with Iray and not switched to Octane, I could've stopped watching hours and hours of Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Inkscape, Materialize, Blender tutorials and instead settled with what little I knew.
I could've prevented many negative feelings from all the setbacks I experienced over the last year. All the frustration that comes with trying to improve, if I had just stayed where I was 8 months ago.

But I don't settle for "Average".
I know that many people don't care that much about the visuals as long as they're not totally crap.

I did announce to do half-chapter releases to counter the "Quality-Time ratio" and this should fix a lot of problems.

But in the end, I don't owe anything to anyone. People can nag and insult me as much as they want, it doesn't affect me anymore and it won't speed up the development either.
There are a lot of games on this site to take a person's mind off a devs development schedule.

My games are long and my goal is to be a long time developer. I don't plan on burning out in the next 1-2 years because of a bad Work-Life balance. So many games are already abandoned because of this and many will follow.
And containing a healthy balance is one of my top priorities and this does take some time away from actively developing but it makes sure my games won't end up abandoned.

5p1der

Jul 30, 2019
But in the end, I don't owe anything to anyone. People can nag and insult me as much as they want, it doesn't affect me anymore and it won't speed up the development either.
There are a lot of games on this site to take a person's mind off a devs development schedule.
That's what people need to understand nagging and complaining won't do any good but cheering will do some good on the mind of the person who's developing the game and let's be honest it's worth the wait for me i don't know about everyone but I appreciate what you do and you mindset on the quality of the work.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I would prefer to work on one game at the time. I like to finish a task before I start another, otherwise, things tend to get messy.

But I can't put one of the games on hold. That's like admitting defeat, or so it feels to me.

Even tho developing two games does bring some negativity with it, it also gives me something I would not want to miss ever again.. Variety.
The constant change of faces is wonderful. I never get bored and it always excites me to work on the other game again. It's like an extra boost of motivation.

True. The cinematics might not be worth the time investment from a player's perspective.
But they are for me.

I always try to improve, I always try to bring things to a new level. It's what keeps me going. I get happy when I discover something new and I can't wait to implement it into the game.

Of course, I could have stayed with Iray and not switched to Octane, I could've stopped watching hours and hours of Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Inkscape, Materialize, Blender tutorials and instead settled with what little I knew.
I could've prevented many negative feelings from all the setbacks I experienced over the last year. All the frustration that comes with trying to improve, if I had just stayed where I was 8 months ago.

I know that many people don't care that much about the visuals as long as they're not totally crap.

I did announce to do half-chapter releases to counter the "Quality-Time ratio" and this should fix a lot of problems.

My games are long and my goal is to be a long time developer. I don't plan on burning out in the next 1-2 years because of a bad Work-Life balance. So many games are already abandoned because of this and many will follow.
And containing a healthy balance is one of my top priorities and this does take some time away from actively developing but it makes sure my games won't end up abandoned.
We game developers can be arogant like fighter pilots in a sense where many think they are the ace of aces, but it should never be a competition vs other develpers but always improving ourselves, and learning from the success and failure of others when possible.

Putting a game on hold is by no means a defeat, it's unclear where you got such an idea. Also pragmatically, it's a matter of "defacto vs dejure" on hold status. Defacto being in fact and dejure being on paper. "on hold" tag or no "on hold" tag long time frames between releases always gives the same effect of an "on hold" status tag or no tag. Denile is not just a river in Africa. You are not going to lose or gain respect for putting a game on hold.

Working on another game is in a way is a little bit like a non monogymous relationship. Everyone loves variety. Who wouldn't want a sexy blonde, brunette, and redhead to play with at his leasure? At the same time such actions always takes some efforts away from other relationships in the same sense a slave can not serve two masters. One could argue that a parent doesn't love her second child any less than the first or even her third, but at the same time a kid with a dozen siblings can't help but sometimes feel "replaceable".

I enjoy playing Where it all began, and it is indeed an interesting and original story with great visuals. You are great at making games, just remember to manage scope creep as it has to be so much more overwhelming when working on multiple games with multiple storylines, (but the same effect could also be true of a highly advanced project such as GGGB.)

Keep at it, looking forward to the update when it gets here. I miss that raccoon :(

davethewizard

Jun 25, 2017
Working on another game is in a way is a little bit like a non monogymous relationship. Everyone loves variety. Who wouldn't want a sexy blonde, brunette, and redhead to play with at his leasure? At the same time such actions always takes some efforts away from other relationships in the same sense a slave can not serve two masters.
:oops::oops::oops: dammit, now you're going to kick off 30 pages of unintelligible screeching about ntr :p

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
:oops::oops::oops: dammit, now you're going to kick off 30 pages of unintelligible screeching about ntr :p
I never understand the ntr hate I mean sure if you are not into that ok but if its optional its like playing a singleplayer rpg and be a mage main and always complain that the warrio exist,even if you are not playing him,but you want to take him away from the players that enjoy him.
and there is the first ntr-fish already.
congarts:BootyTime:

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019

But they are for me.

That's dedication right there!

Reactions: 5p1der

Aerys_the_mad

Aug 6, 2019

But they are for me.

Keep up the good work man. The quality boost is easy to see in this game as it progresses. Summer's gone is great, too.

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018

But they are for me.

Wow you could feel his dedication just through this reply alone
Negative reviews will come man just keep doing what ur doing and ppl will support

Sphynx-

Jun 2, 2018
hmmh..im wondering are those two connected somehow:unsure:
yep, Ocean is doing a really great job with these two projects(y)
I invite you to look back at the previews! Ocean has added slight easter eggs for these games. And yes the chance of these games being connected is big, but.. how? Time will tell!

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
I invite you to look back at the previews! Ocean has added slight easter eggs for these games. And yes the chance of these games being connected is big, but.. how? Time will tell!
The games are set in the same universe.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes