4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Well, if I’m completely honest I can’t fault anyone if they wanted to stop supporting him. For myself I’m pretty conflicted. I love his work, but the reality is that you’re looking at one or maybe two updates per year.
There is a reason why I decided to stop with these "oversized" 35k words chapters until I can do them in 2 months.
And besides that, I got the 2nd PC.

But for some reason, people always tend to forget what was said 1-2 Pages ago.

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
There is a reason why I decided to stop with these "oversized" 35k words chapters until I can do them in 2 months.

Tbf reading is very hard. That's why I do math

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019

You’ve had the second PC for a while now and it hasn’t significantly sped up development. I don’t even think it’s the size of the updates either, to be honest.

And I’m not even being critical man, but I think you’ve got to accept that with two games being developed at the same time and with the same level of refinement you give them, you’re not going to have these out on a frequent basis. There’s no shame in that, it just is what it is.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
You’ve had the second PC for a while now and it hasn’t significantly sped up development. I don’t even think it’s the size of the updates either, to be honest.

And I’m not even being critical man, but I think you’ve got to accept that with two games being developed at the same time and with the same level of refinement you give them, you’re not going to have these out on a frequent basis. There’s no shame in that, it just is what it is.
The second PC has been rendering for 3 weeks now and I am already 155 renders into the "Summer's Gone" update while finishing up WiAB with the other PC.

When WiAB releases in the near future, SG will already be 20-25% done. And then the other PC will start rendering SG, too.
2 months release schedule for future Updates is doable with what was said earlier.
It certainly is speeding up the development.

> "I don’t even think it’s the size of the updates either"

I am pretty sure there is a big difference between a "35k - 40k word" update and a "15-20k" update.
And I am also not doing any ultra-big Cinematics until I am able to do them in a reasonable amount of time.

My RL time management schedule is roughly 90% on point.

But in the end, these are just words.
Let's see where we at after the next 2-3 updates.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019

I am pretty sure there is a big difference between a "35k - 40k word" update and a "15-20k" update.
It can be 40K or 20K, but it’s really all the same if you get halfway through and decide that the renders aren’t up to par and start again from scratch or if you find that you want to implement a new feature and need to rewrite the code to accomodate it.

Stuff like that is going to happen, and I’m not even saying it shouldn’t if you want to keep your quality to a certain level, but it’s a reality that comes with your approach to these games.

Reactions: modo200

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
The second PC has been rendering for 3 weeks now and I am already 155 renders into the "Summer's Gone" update while finishing up WiAB with the other PC.

When WiAB releases in the near future, SG will already be 20-25% done. And then the other PC will start rendering SG, too.
2 months release schedule for future Updates is doable with what was said earlier.
It certainly is speeding up the development.

And I am also not doing any ultra-big Cinematics until I am able to do them in a reasonable amount of time.

My RL time management schedule is roughly 90% on point.

But in the end, these are just words.
Let's see where we at after the next 2-3 updates.
I can certainly see that in the moment the frequency of updates delivery is unstable because of all the reworks and buying a new PC and I can without a doubt say that the progress is going towards stability and will indeed speed up the updates.

Reactions: hellomate1

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
I really dont get it, why develop two games at same time ? why not finish first then go to second one ? and if I remember correctly, you says you gonna help your friend that develop SG, then you took over all development of SG, am i right? So why when you have Wiab , start second project ?

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
I think it has to do with patreon... Thinking a year or two ago, they started the game developers to have atleast 2 games... Was playing DMD at the time, and the creator had to start a second game, to avoid them dropping it... We were getting regular updates, then it switched to about 3 or 4 months between. Some creators also work a real job, so that also cuts into the prep time. I myself know of this, because I am creating an Adult Visual Novel, which is taking far longer than I expected. 4 months and only 350 renders, not to mention the 3000 lines of coding, in Ren'py... Not to mention you always have to proof read, make changes, because of the mistakes that are made in Engrish, lol... So let's give the developers a little leadway...

EXN

Jun 29, 2018
yes! you should do one game at time!

(so I can complain that you abandoned one! :Kappa:)

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017

Most people just don't read 1-2 pages back :ROFLMAO: Ah if only F95zone had a pin-message function, eh?

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
I really dont get it, why develop two games at same time ? why not finish first then go to second one ? and if I remember correctly, you says you gonna help your friend that develop SG, then you took over all development of SG, am i right? So why when you have Wiab , start second project ?
yes! you should do one game at time!

(so I can complain that you abandoned one! :Kappa:)
lePoint.gif

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes