Looking for a nothing
Donor
Mar 10, 2018

Hello,

1. Dedicating one PC to each game.
2. New GPU cards.
3. More words to the rework.

1. Dedicating one PC to each game

As most of you remember, I said that I can now dedicate both PC's to developing one game at a time which should speed up development a lot.

And it did but I am running into something that is getting really annoying.

There are three huge reasons why I will change my approach.

If an asset is on PC #1 then I can't turn PC #1 off while PC #2 renders.
In addition to that, my network connection does sometimes fail, which will lead to an error message when a new render that I had in the queue gets loaded.
I always render overnight and when this error suddenly appears, it will stop the entire render process and I will wake up to no rendered images and an error message.
Since May, Daz hasn't gotten updated. There is this really annoying bug, that if you save an animation, certain morphs won't be saved with it.
For example, You animate the pussy in rhythm with the cock and you save the animation. When you now load it up, the pussy won't move anymore and I have to do it all over again. The big problem here is.. If the animation/Daz crashes mid render, I can't just proceed from where it crashed, because there is no way I will be able to replicate the exact movements of the pussy I had before. (This save bug appears when I set up an animation on PC #1 and want to render it on PC#2.) (PC #1 has a lot of WiAB stuff while PC #2 has many SG related things)
If I modify a skin map or any other map in Daz, PC#1 will search for it where it was saved first. If I now open anything related to this scene on PC#2, Daz can't find certain things anymore.

For the last month I divided the two games onto one PC each. So from now on PC#1 will be fully WiAB dedicated and PC#2 will be SG.
This means both will get developed simultaneously. I have been doing this for around 3 weeks now and I haven't seen any error messages anymore. Except the usual Daz fatal error one, which is just Daz being Daz.

I am 850 animation renders and 55 stills into the first Chapter of the rework.
At the moment, I do spend a lot of time creating the enviroments. And till Chapter 2, this is still going to be a thing. But as soon as I have set up all the enviroments, developing will speed up a notch.

2. New GPU cards

Most of you must have heard about the new 30xx series by now.
To my surprise, they are a lot cheaper and stronger than I thought. I will get two 3090's as soon as possible and next year I will get another two 3090's. (Both PC's featuring two 3090's.)
Two 3090's are more than 6 times as strong as my current setup in each PC.
This will change everything but I am afraid I won't be able to get the first two before December due to them probably being sold out in minutes.

3. More words to the rework.

I will show you one of the first renders today but don't really see this as the first preview., because this was more of a test render.

The first real preview will be in Dev log #2 and this upcoming preview.. Let's just say, we began slowly reaching for the stars.

- Ocean
:)
As some above me says; I cannot wait for the next update!

I cannot believe i still haven't gotten the FULL version of 0.6! I still have 0.5... Got my evening covered then, it seems!

Looking very promising this, for sure! Cannot wait!

Reactions: hellomate1

Huhuriu55

Jul 13, 2019
Hey I did whatever I could to not make William and Miru cheat on each other but she still left William... Why ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1691628

The plot of this story is amazing! Nothing like your normal incest/harem games ,cant wait for the new update.
Agree, I like the story so far, have found myself going back to various saved points trying various options as well.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
The plot of this story is amazing! Nothing like your normal incest/harem games ,cant wait for the new update.
It depends on the dev. Some dev will never disappoint you like phillyGames, hope, dots, Daniel etc cause they make many harem games and their story is very captivating.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
It depends on the dev. Some dev will never disappoint you like phillyGames, hope, dots, Daniel etc cause they make many harem games and their story is very captivating.
Oceanlab's a perfectionist but also learns by doing. He won't release anything that he thinks is short of perfect.

While I do hope that the next updates are great, it's less of a "I hope" and more of a "I know" because even if there are issues, he's actually responded to my criticisms before and I fully believe he'll take any major future criticims to heart to make the next update better.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Is it just me or is the incest patch not changing my game at all?

Do i need to download another patch?

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Is it just me or is the incest patch not changing my game at all?

Do i need to download another patch?
Maybe it's not installed correctly? When you start the game you should at the very start of the game see (taken directly from the patch):

Code:
"This game contains PATCHED age-restricted materials."
"All characters in this game are at least 18 years old."
"All characters and events are fictitious."
"Any resemblance to the real world is just a coincidence."

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Maybe it's not installed correctly? When you start the game you should at the very start of the game see (taken directly from the patch):

Code:
"This game contains PATCHED age-restricted materials."
"All characters in this game are at least 18 years old."
"All characters and events are fictitious."
"Any resemblance to the real world is just a coincidence."
I didn't see that at the beginning of the game but after playing through the game a couple times, I did see some scenes that suggested that the MC is related to Katie, Leia, Helen, and possibly Dylan but except for like 3 scenes, their blood relation is never referenced or acknowledged. MC refers to Helen as her name instead of "Mom," or "Ma," or "Mum," etc, which is odd if he actually considers her to be his mother. And the only scene I remember seeing their blood relation being referenced was when Chief Abigail was talking to him after that blonde girl accused him of rape.

And I'm not sure how to install it correctly except for following the lewdpatcher instructions. I pasted the file into the zip file which contains Whereitallbegan-pc/game. That last folder is the one I put it in.

Last edited:

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
I didn't see that at the beginning of the game but after playing through the game a couple times, I did see some scenes that suggested that the MC is related to Katie, Leia, Helen, and possibly Dylan but except for like 3 scenes, their blood relation is never referenced or acknowledged. MC refers to Helen as her name instead of "Mom," or "Ma," or "Mum," etc, which is odd if he actually considers her to be his mother. And the only scene I remember seeing their blood relation being referenced was when Chief Abigail was talking to him after that blonde girl accused him of rape.

And I'm not sure how to install it correctly except for following the lewdpatcher instructions. I pasted the file into the zip file which contains Whereitallbegan-pc/game. That last folder is the one I put it in.
Are you playing directly from the Zip file? Because that might be the issue.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Yeah, how else should I play it? I've never had a problem doing it that way with other VNs.

Should I extract the zip's contents?
I'm assuming that might be it but I could be wrong since I play with it all extracted to a folder then put the patch in the /game folder but give that a shot but then again I wouldn't know that much about playing from the zip file, sorry.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
I'm assuming that might be it but I could be wrong since I play with it all extracted to a folder then put the patch in the /game folder but give that a shot but then again I wouldn't know that much about playing from the zip file, sorry.
It's fine, I'll try that.

Thanks for trying to help, anyway.

EDIT: Extracting the game with the patch installed didn't change anything. Not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOAR Cowbell
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes