4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Harvick4

May 31, 2018
I will probably never hire any people. (At least not in the art department.) Every update, scene and cinematic is already completely visualized in my head and I only need to bring it into the rendering software.
Other artists would have a different style and are probably not capable of matching mine.

The only help I will get in the future is a coder.

Summer's Gone is my creation.
I gave it to Regium because I saw how long WiAB would take to finish and I had faith in him. But he struggled and while my quality was increasing, he was running in circles and so I took it back and remade Chapter 2 SG.

The 3090 renders 2-3x as fast as the 2080Ti. Future development speed will definitely increase by a lot. (Also remember that I did cut the updates in half after SG Ch3.)

Another big factor is that I am not using out of the box environments. SG and especially WiAB will feature so many new customized environments in the upcoming updates that I all had to create at first.
As soon as all these environments are done, development speed will increase significantly.

What always wonders me is.. If a dev releases monthly updates with 200-300 renders he is considered hard-working.
If a dev takes 4-5 months and releases 5x - 8x as much content, people complain even tho it's the same or even more.
(I know the thought behind this and the risk of people forgetting your game.)

And a very important factor that many people forget is:

Work doesn't always correlate to new content.
I often spent 12h a day working on the games and only 3h of them will result in new content. The other 9h are spent improving, experimenting, and discovering new elements to further improve the game. (Blender in this case.)

All I can say is to have patience.
Trust me, it will be worth it.

All i can say is that this game has been very good so far what i played. I’m used to 4 to 5 updates as i also like to play Waifu Academy.. so keep doing what you’re doing and everything will be golden.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I will probably never hire any people. (At least not in the art department.) Every update, scene and cinematic is already completely visualized in my head and I only need to bring it into the rendering software.
Other artists would have a different style and are probably not capable of matching mine.

The only help I will get in the future is a coder.
I am completely fine with this, I can understand someone not being able to keep up or do the quality you have in your head and how you do it and if someone else were to do it then it would end up having things in it that you might not like or would not be satisfied with and end up having to remake em yourself which cost more time in the end. But I would suggest trying to get that coder as soon as you possibly would be able too.

Summer's Gone is my creation.
I gave it to Regium because I saw how long WiAB would take to finish and I had faith in him. But he struggled and while my quality was increasing, he was running in circles and so I took it back and remade Chapter 2 SG.
Personally and this is purely MY personal opinion on this matter.. I have pretty much absolute zero care for SG, like zero.It is not a bad game and def not a bad story but I started with WiAB and to this day am heavily invested in it and there for I just don't care for it. You did something and trusted someone with it and it did not pan out so now you are working on that. Your choice, not saying because I don't care for it that you should not be working on it, this is purely my own personal reasoning for it. Another thing, good reason or not or how or why does not matter, it is not even that far in and already had to be remade, Which is another personal reason for me to stay away from it.

The 3090 renders 2-3x as fast as the 2080Ti. Future development speed will definitely increase by a lot. (Also remember that I did cut the updates in half after SG Ch3.)
Just because they are newer cards and are 2-3 times faster then the previous does not mean a lot, You have upgraded GPU's before and stated pretty much this same thing before, in my personal opinion let's just try and avoid saying things could get faster and just wait to the point where you are sure it will be the case. Which can be simply proven by action rather than words..as in having more consistent releases.
You are currently running in Vram issues, same as your previous cards. The thing is with each new card you got you pushed the limits as it opens doors for you to try new things, you are a perfectionist, you have visions and lot of idea's and the moment these get in your head, you are dead set on learning them working on them and putting efforts in to them.
I applaud this as it does help you grow, but the reality is it does not make the releases faster and or speed up your project.
So my advice is let us not mention about faster anything and just get to the point where this is proved by action rather then words, so far the fact is that has not been the case. And to be clear I am not attacking you here nor am I being salty, I am just stating a fact that with every upgrade you had so far, we did not speed up and got faster updates we got the exact opposite.
I am of the HOPE that after SG get's it's update and WiAB finally get's it's full rework done that things go faster but again, that is purely something I hope for, it is something that I would like to see but if that is really going to be the case is something we will be seeing when that time comes.

What always wonders me is.. If a dev releases monthly updates with 200-300 renders he is considered hard-working.
If a dev takes 4-5 months and releases 5x - 8x as much content, people complain even tho it's the same or even more.
This one is easy actually " If a dev releases monthly updates with 200-300 renders he is considered hard-working. "
It is not about hard-working as that is not the case at all here, it is about consistency, meaning you can expect an update every month with at least 200-300 renders and progress but then again it depends on the type of VN they are going for. For example.. Jealousy-My future wife- The engagement-Erodio, Not sure if it is a group or a team or the same person but they use same renders and are set around same universe and whatever. The updates for those games are legit short as fuck and sometimes totally worthless and that for the level of rendering they are using it is just plain and utterly stupid. Are they bad games ? Nope they are not but for the amount of content they release it just is pathetic.

"If a dev takes 4-5 months and releases 5x - 8x as much content, people complain even tho it's the same or even more."

Again it is about consistency and the big problem here is also if you wait those 4 - 5 months and what you get is not what has been promised or has been said that would be delivered. The impact is larger compared to say if there was no update for 1 month from a monthly release. Ill give an example, you have been reworking this game and it was suppose to be the case that update 6 was going to be a full release or rework. Had been going on for months and then all we got was just the update 6 and having to start over while we still have the same old 1-5 which means when you release the updates in pieces now, no one knows if we are going to have to constantly restart from the start will the whole rework is delivered. Matter of fact actually, you said you did not even give the full update 6 ( the last part of 6 that we did get ) because it would not make sense as the previous obsolete iteration of the current game would not match the story and give us a lot of "wtf" moments.
I said it plenty of times before and I will keep saying it, you do you, it is your game and you do what you think is best for you.

Also another issue is that you did not take in to account for is that you are working on 2 games. SG and this.
So in your mind sure you might be bringing out for example an update every 4 months with 1 being SG and 4 months later being WiAB and 4 months later again SG. What you are forgetting however is that the reality is you are updating 1 game every 8 months so for those who started and love and are invested in WiAB we have to wait 8 months for this game and when the contents for it arrive it might not justify the wait. This is another thing you need to account for.
That is also another reason why I honestly personally with a passion HATE it when a dev is working on more then 1 game and specially if they are solo. Because it takes ages.

I know this is your baby and your personal project and you have said it multiple times before, you will not abandon the game and you will see it to finish. And I want to trust you on this, but the thing is... life happens.. life can happen and anything can happen which will or might force your hand or can force your hand without you wanting it having to step away. And this is the fear some people also have. keep that in mind.

And a very important factor that many people forget is:
All I can say is to have patience.

Trust me, it will be worth it.
I have patience and a lot of people have patience but remember everyone has limits and not every ones limits are the same.
I wish to trust you and I like I said it many times before you have a freaking gem of a game and I do like your idea's and everything you do in general so you have my respects on all those fronts. But the honest answer here is... we will know if it was worth it or not when we see it.

Wish you the best of luck and here is to hoping to see something soon on WiAB.

Last edited:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Never thought of it like one game updated every 8 months plus the rework still happening. I am pretty invested in both SG and WIAB, don't mind waiting, but I agree that everyone has a limit, both the fans and the dev.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
The best simple analogy I can think of, its treating people like burning fire, they will absolutely love to be feed a little wood consistently in order to keep burning and growing, but, even if you prepare extra chunks of wood to make up for a delay, some of the fire might have very well faded already and it will be harder to revive it again.

All of this to say, yes, generally the best way to make most people happy is giving consistent updates/feeds, like if you have made all these renders, you could divide them in chunks and releasing them consistently each or every couple of months.

But I get its your personal preference to prepare big consistent updates that truly feel like a big substantial episode. Though if that's the case (and seems to me it is), try to give even more consistent feeds and accept the fact that many complaint are bound to happen, its pretty much the nature of most people and they can't do much about it.

Keep making the game the way you like and try to cope with the natural repercussions of your choices without thinking too much about it or giving in to people/supporters demands if said demands don't align with what makes you enjoy your work, I guess most will forgive you once they get to see the next update. :sneaky:

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
You know, I hadn't played this since version 0.4

I played it all over again with the help of the written walkthrough & walkthrough mod.

I only have 2 things to say. 1) I'm noticing a lot of spelling errors, from earlier versions to the latest one. And 2) I have quite a bit of scenes that I have unlocked but on the CG Gallery it says that it's not unlocked, which is a bug. Like you have some that you are literally forced to unlock I believe, since all it says is "Did you even play the game", but they aren't unlocked yet ones you get after that are unlocked.

My only wish of this game is that at some point it gets fleshed out. I don't enjoy the high amount of NTR choices the game has, even with NTR turned off. There are also a lot of weird routes in the game. Like if you want the best Love route with Katie you are somehow supposed to cheat with Donna. I don't really like the fact that you have to cheat with Donna at all just to progress the story in a better way with other characters. So long story short, my only real complaint about the game is that a lot of choices just don't make any sense. And there are a lot of things which you have no idea of the consequences (thank god for the different walkthroughs because I really wouldn't have enjoyed the game as much without them, I hate not knowing the consequences of my choices because there are 50 dialogue options in the span of 5 minutes).

All in all, I really enjoy this one. I just hope that the relationships become better with or withour harem, because so far it's just a huge convoluted mess.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
You know, I hadn't played this since version 0.4

I played it all over again with the help of the written walkthrough & walkthrough mod.

I only have 2 things to say. 1) I'm noticing a lot of spelling errors, from earlier versions to the latest one. And 2) I have quite a bit of scenes that I have unlocked but on the CG Gallery it says that it's not unlocked, which is a bug. Like you have some that you are literally forced to unlock I believe, since all it says is "Did you even play the game", but they aren't unlocked yet ones you get after that are unlocked.

My only wish of this game is that at some point it gets fleshed out. I don't enjoy the high amount of NTR choices the game has, even with NTR turned off. There are also a lot of weird routes in the game. Like if you want the best Love route with Katie you are somehow supposed to cheat with Donna. I don't really like the fact that you have to cheat with Donna at all just to progress the story in a better way with other characters. So long story short, my only real complaint about the game is that a lot of choices just don't make any sense. And there are a lot of things which you have no idea of the consequences (thank god for the different walkthroughs because I really wouldn't have enjoyed the game as much without them, I hate not knowing the consequences of my choices because there are 50 dialogue options in the span of 5 minutes).

All in all, I really enjoy this one. I just hope that the relationships become better with or withour harem, because so far it's just a huge convoluted mess.
So I am going on to what you have said and have played and also because of you stopped at 0.4 you might have missed out on a lot of discussions and stuff that has been said and or done.

The game is getting a rework and is being rewritten meaning anything you have that is from V0.1 to 0.5 is going to be redone rewritten and re rendered and also some scenes or a lot of scenes might be added or removed and swapped. As for the NTR will also be redone. Ocean himself has said it multiple times with the idea and that he has been reworking that looking back at the NTR with Miru and on certain actions he cringes as he himself agrees it was poorly done. The reason why Walkthroughs and grammar fixes won't be happening anytime soon as because of the rewrites that will happen. No one wants to waste their time fixing anything if it is going to be obsolete with new reworks, that means also that saves will not be working and a start over being required.

I can understand that if you want to " best " of anything you are going to end up having to make sacrifices on what you do or won't be doing or forced to do if you want certain outcomes. I have not played a while so I am not sure if you actually have to do anything with Donna for having the best of anything with Katie as I can have a very very perfect route with her without actually having to touch anyone else. The problem is you are playing a game where you can or will end up banging lot of chicks and some of the chicks getting it on with each other not sure if there will be other males involved later other then Miru being the big NTR. But Miru will also be rewritten and made a lot more likable as she is merely a victim of bad writing in a few area's. In the end her NTR will be or at least has been said will turn to be based on how you threat her.

Best we can do is wait for around next year for this game to finally get it's update as SG will soon get it's update and then he will start working on WiAB again and I doubt there will be a release before the end of this year, with new hardware or not. So if you are dying for the game like most of us, I suggest coming back in about at least 3 months or unless you want to look for updates end of every month for Dev blogs or something. As for the CG gallery, the reason why it is like that is because it was added recently and has not exactly been flashed out, so it does not have much of the content pre 0.6 because again.. those are going to be written out. SG will contain a more flashed out version of the Gallery.

Reactions: Maviarab

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hello,

Technically, this is the exact same post I posted on the SG Patreon except for some details + picture.

There was a problem with one of my GPUs.

It's officially a vegetable now.

I don't exactly know what happened because I was at the other PC at that point (Both PC's are on the same monitor) and I was rendering on PC#1 while working on PC #2.

It did happen before that the fans of my 1080Ti did suddenly stop and re-start after 4-8 seconds. (The GPU probably turned off and on) It was nothing unusual but it made Daz crash. (Still, this shouldn't be happening.)

Then the glitch stripes appeared two weeks ago but it was still rendering.

Now the fans turned off again and I obviously heard it and expected to just restart Daz but this time the entire PC was frozen. I had to use the power button to turn it off.
After this incident, every time I try to render, this here happens:

If I open an old save that I already rendered, the same happens. I created a new scene from scratch and it also happened.

I reinstalled Daz a few times. I deleted the GPU drivers and used different ones
I did put the GPU into another PCI-E slot but nothing works.

If I open this scene on PC#2 it works just fine. I did now put my old 1070Ti into PC#1 and it works but I cannot render with the 1070Ti because all my scenes exceed 8GB Vram.

Now I need a 3090 more than ever.
I would say it was almost a good timing for my old 1080Ti to turn into a vegetable but sadly 3090s are not in stock. I wish it would have lasted a month longer.

Long story short: We are one PC down right now.

I was 95% done with all the new enviroments for WiAB Chapter 1 and bought some really good music for it.

Here is a test render of the MC's home before the GPU broke down.

All the environments have a much higher quality and customization level.
But now I have to wait until either SG's update is done (It's at 85%) or I get lucky and get my hands on a 3090 in the near future.

- Ocean

-VALKORION-

Jul 9, 2017
Goddamn, this game has an exciting degree of quality (Chapter 6). I do hope it doesn't take more than a few years to finish though.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Goddamn, this game has an exciting degree of quality (Chapter 6). I do hope it doesn't take more than a few years to finish though.
Its probably got about another 10+ years of development left.. i honestly cant see any dev working on a h-game for that long so what are the odds of this ever being finished lol.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Isnt the dev working on 2 games? And wont work on one of them until the other gets its remake? Or something like that, I might be confusing the dev with another.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Isnt the dev working on 2 games? And wont work on one of them until the other gets its remake? Or something like that, I might be confusing the dev with another.
This and Summers Gone.

However, he now has 2 machiens so each game is not separate from the other....so workflow should speed up slightly, however his GPU for this one (I think is this one) has just fried itself...and yes he is currently reworking the first 5 chapters of this...believe will come in 3 separate updates IIRC.

So once he aquired a new card, things should start to improve on both fronts.

Reactions: Katie4Ever
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes