4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
I hope that isn't true. I think no more than 3 years maybe before a game is finished. 10 is insane. Still wondering where the girlfriend went.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I hope that isn't true. I think no more than 3 years maybe before a game is finished. 10 is insane. Still wondering where the girlfriend went.
Projected supposed 30+ updates planned for this...at 4 a year (3 months cycle) we'd be looking at 5 years at least, providing Ocean can streamline enough once he has his machines sorted.

Reactions: Katie4Ever

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Haven't checked this one in a while but will there be a harem path/ending? Don't want to leave any girls behind.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Projected supposed 30+ updates planned for this...at 4 a year (3 months cycle) we'd be looking at 5 years at least, providing Ocean can streamline enough once he has his machines sorted.
That is IF he can keep up to a 3 months cycle and no other hick ups and giving this is ocean we are talking about and wanting perfection.. Yeah I don't think that would be the case either. Does not mean I won't be playing the game or give him my support now a then but let's keep things realistic. His GPU died and yes he is acing for 3090's right now which is all cool and well but every time he upgraded or got new hardware we did not get faster updates, we got slower updates because he was able to do more and experiment more and push new limits. This time wont be any different. And the most realistic thing so far that I can see is that we are getting 1 game updated twice a year minimum. 2 WiAB and 2 SG's. Going from the current releases. So right now things like " he has 2 machines or he get's 2 new gpus or he got hardware upgrades " does not translate to faster updates.

As much as I wish it was the case let's stick the facts. With current work cycle and 2 games and he wants both of em to have over 30 chapters we are looking for more then 6+ years of work for each game.
And I pray no more reworks after this one.

Reactions: ItsEricBoi

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That is IF he can keep up to a 3 months cycle and no other hick ups and giving this is ocean we are talking about and wanting perfection.. Yeah I don't think that would be the case either. Does not mean I won't be playing the game or give him my support now a then but let's keep things realistic. His GPU died and yes he is acing for 3090's right now which is all cool and well but every time he upgraded or got new hardware we did not get faster updates, we got slower updates because he was able to do more and experiment more and push new limits. This time wont be any different. And the most realistic thing so far that I can see is that we are getting 1 game updated twice a year minimum. 2 WiAB and 2 SG's. Going from the current releases. So right now things like " he has 2 machines or he get's 2 new gpus or he got hardware upgrades " does not translate to faster updates.

As much as I wish it was the case let's stick the facts. With current work cycle and 2 games and he wants both of em to have over 30 chapters we are looking for more then 6+ years of work for each game.
And I pray no more reworks after this one.
I have no idea how many chapters SG is/was supposed to have so can't comment on that I'm afraid.

As for the rest then yes I agree, a 3 month cycle would be great and very possible once he has both separate machines running properly for each game...but as you say...yes...providing nothing else gets in the way in the meantime...

And...in say 4 years time...Ocean once again doesn't look back and thinks I can do better, I have better hardware now...etc etc...and starts another rework. I appreciate perfection...I really do...but given the time-frame to complete this...at some point you have to draw a line and just finish it...and make your next project with the better animations/hardware/assets etc...otherwise...you'll never finish anything.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I have no idea how many chapters SG is/was supposed to have so can't comment on that I'm afraid.

As for the rest then yes I agree, a 3 month cycle would be great and very possible once he has both separate machines running properly for each game...but as you say...yes...providing nothing else gets in the way in the meantime...

And...in say 4 years time...Ocean once again doesn't look back and thinks I can do better, I have better hardware now...etc etc...and starts another rework. I appreciate perfection...I really do...but given the time-frame to complete this...at some point you have to draw a line and just finish it...and make your next project with the better animations/hardware/assets etc...otherwise...you'll never finish anything.
Better art quality is not the reason I am reworking.

My games rely on the story and not so much on the art and the improved art is just a nice bonus to the rework.

The only reason I am reworking WiAB is to get the story in line with post Chapter 6 events. If the story was okay I couldn't care less about the art when I started developing.

The bad art at the beginning is just a part of the learning experience. It's nothing to be ashamed of. We all started somewhere.

And I like looking back from where I came from but the story and especially Miru, Zoey, Helen, Scarlet, Leia and Katarinas path need to be fixed before I can continue.

Otherwise, the immersion would be totally destroyed because they would suddenly act totally different.

After this WiAB rework, I will never ever rework again. I hate doing reworks and I wouldn't do it if it wasn't really necessary.
And I am so glad when the rework is done just alone for all the exciting events I am building up to.

But alone the rework will give the player a so much better experience in terms of story and character depth than the current version ever could.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Better art quality is not the reason I am reworking.

My games rely on the story and not so much on the art and the improved art is just a nice bonus to the rework.

The only reason I am reworking WiAB is to get the story in line with post Chapter 6 events. If the story was okay I couldn't care less about the art when I started developing.

The bad art at the beginning is just a part of the learning experience. It's nothing to be ashamed of. We all started somewhere.

And I like looking back from where I came from but the story and especially Miru, Zoey, Helen, Scarlet, Leia and Katarinas path need to be fixed before I can continue.

Otherwise, the immersion would be totally destroyed because they would suddenly act totally different.

After this WiAB rework, I will never ever rework again. I hate doing reworks and I wouldn't do it if it wasn't really necessary.
And I am so glad when the rework is done just alone for all the exciting events I am building up to.

But alone the rework will give the player a so much better experience in terms of story and character depth than the current version ever could.
Looking forward to it with great anticipation :)

How are things on the GPU front btw?

w_Stew

Aug 13, 2020
Gone are the days (for me at least) of $15 - $20 and higher movie theater tickets to see any recent 2 hour Hollywood movie.

It took me 12 hours over a few days and a couple of $8 six-packs to finish my path in this game. Already I want to go back and retry some different choices. I hope this developer knows just how good their work is.

May 4, 2017
Keep up the good work man. I do fully support story reworks rather than art reworks. Hate art reworks when the story is so good. Anyways It's a shame I can't supp the game at the moment but will do so when I am able to again(meaning support devs again, only recently discovered this).

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
How are things on the GPU front btw?
Judging by the fact that Nvidia now stopped selling the 3000 series on their own website.
And that EVGA is still trying to complete Day 1 orders (17th September).
Not good.

But till now nobody ever confirmed that the 3090s actually share memory through a NvLink (which is a pain to get working judging by all the tech-videos.)
Most "facts" hint that it does not share the memory. Even Nvidia doesn't mention it anywhere near their new NvLink Bridge.

I will probably not go for 2x 3090s for each PC, but for the A6000 Quadro which is going to release hopefully later this year.
I need the 48GB Vram and can later upgrade with a second one to go for 96GB and more speed and hopefully escape Vram problems forever.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Judging by the fact that Nvidia now stopped selling the 3000 series on their own website.
Not good.

But till now nobody ever confirmed that the 3090s actually share memory through a NvLink (which is a pain to get working judging by all the tech-videos.)
Most "facts" hint that it does not share the memory. Even Nvidia doesn't mention it anywhere near their new NvLink Bridge.

I will probably not go for 2x 3090s for each PC, but for the A6000 Quadro which is going to release hopefully later this year.
I need the 48GB Vram and can later upgrade with a second one to go for 96GB and more speed and hopefully escape Vram problems forever.
The Quadro may be a safer bet, if the 3090 indeed shared memory it would've been great, great enough for NVIDIA to announce it themselves. I'm running on an RTX 3090 now, the NVLink plug looks different from the earlier ones but that's pretty much all I can tell because I too haven't tried. Anyway good luck!

Reactions: hellomate1

afifkow

Feb 5, 2020
broo, i fucking love the game, not only the art is awesome but also the story is hella amazing (prolly amongst one of the best written adult VN game). I really can't wait to see the upcoming update since there's so many thing I haven't understand like what's the fucking motive of antagonist and would like to see Martin get rekt by me lmfaoo. Anyway, time to give a visit to your patreon. 10/10!!!

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Not good.

The truth is that the two cards of 3x series is doing very well for less than half the price, but yep, Quadro always for development. Of course more expensive

Reactions: xXwankerXx

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
How much better is a quadro vs a 3080 or 3090? At least the older available quadro cards, they are fairly cheap compared to when they released. What about 2000 series cards? Does RAM have any effect or just the VRAM of the GPU?

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
The truth is that the two cards of 3x series is doing very well for less than half the price, but yep, Quadro always for development. Of course more expensive

Yes, I would really like to get two 3090s instead. Just alone for the render speed in Animations.
But to make this even run I would at least need to get a new TRX4 mainboard (4 Slot PCI-E) which would cost around 800€ and a Threadripper (1500-2000€) plus the price for the two cards.

So even the 3090s would cost me a lot of money.

But I really need the Vram when I fully switch to Blender in the future.
If I'd stay at Daz, then 24GB would probably be enough but certainly not for Blender.

How much better is a quadro vs a 3080 or 3090? At least the older available quadro cards, they are fairly cheap compared to when they released. What about 2000 series cards? Does RAM have any effect or just the VRAM of the GPU?
In my opinion, a Quadro is actually worse in every aspect other than Vram. (They are only really good if you got a big render farm. You also can't use many Quadro features in software like Blender, Daz, etc.)

And for Blender, I need at least 48GB, which the A6000 has and I can put two A6000s together to get 96GB of Vram.
But they are much more expensive and I will lose render speed compared to the two 3090s.

Ram has no active effect on the renders. (In Octane you could do "Out of Core" (Idk if it was called like that) rendering, which means it took the system ram if you didn't have enough Vram.)
More ram = Your PC will run smoother during the render process but if you don't have enough ram, then the PC might even crash.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes