4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
wait there was going to be harem in the game i thought the dev was going for at most group endings like the family ending etc did that change?
As far as i'm aware nothing major is changing.

The whole harem thing has been scrapped but I don't think that was going to be something the dev was into anyway given how the characters are.

I think the only real change that might alter how some people play is the girlfriend is getting some improvements. Quite a few people didn't like her so she was the obvious NTR route for those that wanted it and she was easy enough to get rid of.

Hopefully she'll be more appealing so at least people pause for thought before pimping her off.

All the kinks voted for are staying in.

As for the "lesbian" stuff I don't think either of them are. I think it's just a preference for women. Katie has a thing for her brother, not as bad as Leia but it's there, her girlfriend seems very quick to bounce on the MC balls plus she's grooming her slightly chubby but cute as hell friend for the MC.

The only thing that stopped the full threesome from happening at the camping trip was it was all happened a bit too quick for Katie. She was into it but when it came to penetration she needs a bit more easing into it.

I think I read that Donna, MC's old childhood friend and super lawyer, is getting more screen time. Pretty sure I read that, i'll have a hunt, hopefully it's not just me projecting and remembering wrong. She's one of my faves.

Some touch ups, a few improvements and a little jumble around with the story and that's about it.

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
wait there was going to be harem in the game i thought the dev was going for at most group endings like the family ending etc did that change?
Unfortunately there wont be a family ending. Honestly I was hoping to have a complete relationship and impregnate the mother, the sisters, aunt, and cousin myself which would of made this game my most anticipated but the dev changed his mind. He did confirm that it will only be the sisters that the main character can have a complete relationship with if you play your cards right.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think it was more player assumption than anything the dev was actually going for.

You know how it goes on here, group of girls so some push for a harem ending to save playing more than once.

I don't think a full harem was ever in the works or would ever work story or character wise. I do think Leia could, possibly, be swung around to accept Katie eventually (i'd like to see that even without a relationship involved, be nice if the sisters eventually got along) but I certainly don't see her accepting anyone else. From there it's not much of a stretch to involve the aunt, the mother or even the cousin. I don't know what Ocean has planned as far as groups go but while I don't see some working there are some I could see work very well.

I think the dev saying no harem is just him clarifying.

Small groups, as of now at least, are still a possibility. I haven't seen anything to the contrary yet anyway.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Maybe you should have read more. Few issues not least his GPU's dying had slowed things up and being on one machine (as well as taking back a VN he had given his friend to do).

GPU issues now resolved, both games now have their own dedicated machine, work is continuing.
I already knew about that part I was active in that part area that was before SG got its updated release and I know this game and thread longer before that and this is not his first gpu issues and having 2 pc's and what not from his track record seriously does not mean automatically double the speed and quick releases. I have said it before, will believe when I see it. If there is one thing everyone who follows Ocean his games from the start knows is that the is a perfectionist which is nothing wrong with it, however new gpu does not mean faster render and update when it comes to Ocean, what it usually means is more possibilities new challenges and new things to try and test out, before these new gpus he already upgraded and things did not speed up instead they got slower, this is not a case of speculation this is a case of it being a fact.

Him having 2 pc's now for rendering and what not you would come to the simple conclusion he could either work on 1 game for both pc's at a time or work on both game per pc. If you read a bit further back I already gave a big explanation on this and the big deal that people seem to forget is despite him working on 2 games and even if he releases every 4 months big update per game that is still 8 months update per game. So that changes nothing.

I know of him taking over SG from his buddy too hence why WiAB its rework and what not has been so heavily delayed. What I was asking was about if he had any changes or new idea's again that just popped all of a sudden after the update for SG he has just recently done ( and seems another one was made today )

But still much appreciated in trying to bring me up to speed though.

As far as i'm aware nothing major is changing.

The whole harem thing has been scrapped but I don't think that was going to be something the dev was into anyway given how the characters are.

I think the only real change that might alter how some people play is the girlfriend is getting some improvements. Quite a few people didn't like her so she was the obvious NTR route for those that wanted it and she was easy enough to get rid of.

Hopefully she'll be more appealing so at least people pause for thought before pimping her off.

All the kinks voted for are staying in.

As for the "lesbian" stuff I don't think either of them are. I think it's just a preference for women. Katie has a thing for her brother, not as bad as Leia but it's there, her girlfriend seems very quick to bounce on the MC balls plus she's grooming her slightly chubby but cute as hell friend for the MC.

The only thing that stopped the full threesome from happening at the camping trip was it was all happened a bit too quick for Katie. She was into it but when it came to penetration she needs a bit more easing into it.

I think I read that Donna, MC's old childhood friend and super lawyer, is getting more screen time. Pretty sure I read that, i'll have a hunt, hopefully it's not just me projecting and remembering wrong. She's one of my faves.

Some touch ups, a few improvements and a little jumble around with the story and that's about it.
Yeah I remember all that about Miru even though I actually legit like her and always said that she was just a mere victim of bad writing and such which Ocean did clarify he indeed will be improving on as when he reads back on it it makes even him cringe. As for Katie yeah she is in to the brother but from her backstory she actually wants to be close to both the siblings and from the conversation in the room iirc when she is in with her laptop and Leia comes in she apparently would love to be close to both of em, not saying that being close means she wants to sleep with both but she seems the type that would not mind that part. The chubby girl indeed is a cute one and hope she gets a bit more screen time as for Donna yeah she also a damn good one but from what currently is written iirc she is still green and fresh as in a virgin ? been a while since I played but I remember most of the game still.

Plenty of favs girls in there, I have no dislikes so far, I think the least fav for me would be that niece girl that stays with the cop, She is gorgeous but her bratty attitude just put me off for a bit. Might change if there is more of her.

So Harem get's scrapped that is fine means the actors will all of have their own personality and character and choices will matter, which in turn means better replay ability.

Thanks for the update and also much appreciated.

20meiki92

Donor
Feb 23, 2019
Unfortunately there wont be a family ending. Honestly I was hoping to have a complete relationship and impregnate the mother, the sisters, aunt, and cousin myself which would of made this game my most anticipated but the dev changed his mind. He did confirm that it will only be the sisters that the main character can have a complete relationship with if you play your cards right.

I´m not sure where you got this bullshit from but the dev said that there will be multiple LIs that the mc can have a relationship with. And one of them is Helen the best women in the game. The only confirmed girl that got a decent amount of screen time till now that is not a LI is Emilie

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
I´m not sure where you got this bullshit from but the dev said that there will be multiple LIs that the mc can have a relationship with. And one of them is Helen the best women in the game. The only confirmed girl that got a decent amount of screen time till now that is not a LI is Emilie
I was typing specifically about harem relationships not a single relationships. The only group family relationship the dev confirmed was the sisters and that they can be impregnated far into the future if you play your cards right.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
The problem is people on this forum don't seem to fully grasp the meaning of most tags and I don't blame em, most dev's pump as much tags as they can in their game to attract as much possible traffic and in turn skewing the meaning of those tags.

So now with the Harem tag out people think you wont be able to have more then one LI, which is stupid because it is already confirmed that Leia+Katie is a possibility.

And given that everyone person has a character that would mean that the swinging option in this game will stay ( dark skinned bar girl ) going after Katie can still bring in Katie's gf who likes to pretty much screw anything that tickles her fancy.
The Aunt seems to have a complex fetish, threats her children like shit and yet wants the MC to be like a son and call her mommy, given that she is secretive and knows they cant have a legit relationship means that she would not mind being the other woman so she is a side piece. What it comes down to you can have a LI but does not mean you can't cheat swing or swap or whatever. And moment that Harem tag got taken off people suddenly think you can't have more encounters except for that which you have to focus on.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Full harem would make absolutely no sense, unless the story is strongly changed in the rework. Miru, for example, might kill everyone that MC fucks. Our beautiful lawyer might have some strong desired to be dominated, but I really don't see her willingly share MC.

Other characters may be more or less happy with it, but overall harem settings are terrible for this kind of novel as they essentially are situations in which all women accept to share MC considering him a gift of goddess to women. Most characters in Ocean's novels are complex enough that you would have to come around to an explanation of why a super successful physically perfect woman would accept to have less than full attention from their beloved. Can work in silly settings trying to please the player into simple fan service, but for real stories it is really hard to accomplish if you want to develop the characters and the plot in a mature way.

That is not to say you could not have cheating, swinging and some more than two people relationship (the two sisters, maybe Katie +GF).. but full blown harem is just ridiculous in my opinion.

EDIT: before the facepalms keep coming, I am not claiming those silly settings are intrinsically bad as I enjoyed quite a few, but that is clearly not what Ocean's is trying to do here.

Last edited:

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
The only reason why the idea of Harem even made it into the game was that it was the first fetish that got voted in on Patreon. During WiAB 0.1.

Back then I had no idea what I was doing. Otherwise, Harem would have been declined back in the days.

To repeat it:

Harem won't be a part of the game because it pretty much kills off the character progression for a lot of the girls. Not even talking about how out of character it would be for some of them.

But it is also a personal preference. I prefer one quality girl that desires me so much that she wouldn't even dream about sharing me over any sort of harem.

I mean how much do they actually value you if they don't even mind that you are fucking others. (Mutual sharing- fine... but the girl completely holding back and turning into an NPC while the MC bangs all her friends?
Not my cup of tea and doesn't fit the "serious" tone of the game.

Triangles are possible but only in certain combos.

And even these triangles don't come without problems. Balancing the attention etc. isn't easy.
There is always a high chance of someone feeling left out.

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
j
The only reason why the idea of Harem even made it into the game was that it was the first fetish that got voted in on Patreon. During WiAB 0.1.

Back then I had no idea what I was doing. Otherwise, Harem would have been declined back in the days.

To repeat it:

Harem won't be a part of the game because it pretty much kills off the character progression for a lot of the girls. Not even talking about how out of character it would be for some of them.

But it is also a personal preference. I prefer one quality girl that desires me so much that she wouldn't even dream about sharing me over any sort of harem.

I mean how much do they actually value you if they don't even mind that you are fucking others. (Mutual sharing- fine... but the girl completely holding back and turning into an NPC while the MC bangs all her friends?

And even these triangles don't come without problems. Balancing the attention etc. isn't easy.
just want to know will there be a option for a family ending i dont care much for the other characters atm and i was under the impression when i saw a pic of the sisters and mom siting together with the sisters pregnant will that be in the game

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Throuples are cool. Or triangle as you call them. Having to balance them? Hmm sounds like a realistic relationship and possible headache :p

Edit: it's your baby but personally I don't play for realism.

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
j

just want to know will there be a option for a family ending i dont care much for the other characters atm and i was under the impression when i saw a pic of the sisters and mom siting together with the sisters pregnant will that be in the game
read it again, there already are all answers - "triangles" are the most you can get from "harem", if you call it a "family ending" thats up to you.

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
read it again, there already are all answers - "triangles" are the most you can get from "harem", if you call it a "family ending" thats up to you.
triangles is 3 sides and its 4 people if the mc is included maybe im overthinking it

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
I love the idea of cheating with a love interest's bff. Commited to the one girl but betraying her with her bestie anyway. Loving the second(and third?) girl too. Just never making that clear to girl Number 1. irl leads to disaster but there can still be a complex narrative and nuanced psych profiles with such a scenario. It's inherently unstable and has a limited timeframe during which eveything is both realistic and positive. Beyond a certain point the author may have to choose between realistically sad resolution(no thank you) or unrealistically happy resolution. But one could string out the unstable phase for quite a while and eventually end the game with no resolution.

Doing things like fucking the bestie in the room next to Number 1's room has high kink value for me. Cheating has not been fleshed out properly in any games I've played.

albul

Jun 8, 2017

To repeat it:

Looks like I have similar likings to yours, so that makes me enthused about the rework (and future content obviously).

But that also brings the question of how Katie's relationship with Zoey will be handled, if a solo relationship with Katie will be an option. Will they break up then? Or will it be made clearer that they have a more casual relationship, that just naturally ends when the MC gets together with Katie? Personally, that was the my hangup about getting involved with Katie, as she was in an already seemingly happy relationship with Zoey, and I never like my MC being the third wheel for an existing, happy relationship, but I don't really want to break them up either.

Last edited:

dunhill

May 3, 2017

To repeat it:

i'm not one of your Patreons and i have absolute no right in saying this but to me it seems that eliminating Harem fetish from the game you're changing most of the game and how the characters interact with eachother... idk but wouldn't it be more wise to keep the current version and save that concept for another game down the line?? having to remake this game from ch1 seems like a total new game not a remake.. again i got respect for you but i'm just throwing this out there..

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
i'm not one of your Patreons and i have absolute no right in saying this but to me it seems that eliminating Harem fetish from the game you're changing most of the game and how the characters interact with eachother... idk but wouldn't it be more wise to keep the current version and save that concept for another game down the line?? having to remake this game from ch1 seems like a total new game not a remake.. again i got respect for you but i'm just throwing this out there..
i think you got it all wrong, just read again a few posts related to the harem-topic and planned/ongoing game-rework.

Reactions: Ayhsel and Maviarab
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes