4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Voyage

Aug 3, 2017
Apparently moreno/morena (spanish: of black skin) is a word that is used to describe attractive people from the Philippines with olive skin who are often of mixed-race. Of the ones I've found, some look like the new Miru and share her features, so you got that right I'd say (e.g. Ylona Garcia).

The mouth though, at least for me, makes her look uncanny, Asian or not. It's a body part that that gives models like Amira and Jessamy a whole different level of realism (in terms of shape/displacement maps).
I think just changing the eye color would help imo but I respect the view of the dev and if he wants her to have that eye color then so be it.

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Well damn, I downloaded this game to give it a try because the devs other game is so fucking amazing....only to start playing and realize it is going to have a total rework that would render a playthrough now totally pointless. Guess i have to wait quite a bit to give it a try :cry:

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
As an Asian myself the left one definitely looks asian from South East Asia categorized as Austronesian, She doesn't have Epicanthal fold and Mongoloid fold as people from east Asia (Japan,mongolia,china,korea,taiwan) 'with exception Light blue eyes'
Asian here myself. She seems more like a Central Asian, possibly Kazakhstan. Larger eyes with lighter skin but you can still tell that her face is predominantly Asian. Someone I remember searching for from Kazakhstan had blue eyes as well I believe. Nevertheless, an extremely well done render with more life and to it

hielo_seco

Aug 4, 2019
Apparently moreno/morena (spanish: of black skin) is a word that is used to describe attractive people from the Philippines with olive skin who are often of mixed-race. Of the ones I've found, some look like the new Miru and share her features, so you got that right I'd say (e.g. Ylona Garcia).

The mouth though, at least for me, makes her look uncanny, Asian or not. It's a body part that that gives models like Amira and Jessamy a whole different level of realism (in terms of shape/displacement maps).
Moreno is a person with a darker tone of skin, but not black (more like between black and white) common in latin america

Reactions: Gladheim

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
I don't want to be unfair to the developer, so if I am please point out my iniquities.
I am tired of waiting for this rework, I have been waiting for more than a year. Of course, my frustration comes from my decision to wait for new chapters 1 and 2 or whatever amount he wants to rework. However, he did not prioritize this revamp after he announced his revision of the beginning of the game, after his statement he started work on the update of Summer is Gone (SG). Okay, he has another game to work on and he needs to satisfy fans of SG as well as fans of WAB, yet after the update of SG was ready he did not start work on promised revamp. Instead, he started to work un update 0.6. Why would you do it? Why not start the work on rework? I remember the reasoning developer gave (maybe I wrong) was to show how the game will look like in revamp, but why if SG can do that and of course the stories are different and maybe he wanted to present more than visuals but also story plot. The most frustrating point was that after update 0.6 he started work on SG. Again fans of SG have to have their updates as well, however, most fans of SG also are fans of WAB, can the developer sacrifice one game for another? I tried SG and liked it a lot but is it worth the wait for the WAB, I think no.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I don't want to be unfair to the developer, so if I am please point out my iniquities.
I am tired of waiting for this rework, I have been waiting for more than a year. Of course, my frustration comes from my decision to wait for new chapters 1 and 2 or whatever amount he wants to rework. However, he did not prioritize this revamp after he announced his revision of the beginning of the game, after his statement he started work on the update of Summer is Gone (SG). Okay, he has another game to work on and he needs to satisfy fans of SG as well as fans of WAB, yet after the update of SG was ready he did not start work on promised revamp. Instead, he started to work un update 0.6. Why would you do it? Why not start the work on rework? I remember the reasoning developer gave (maybe I wrong) was to show how the game will look like in revamp, but why if SG can do that and of course the stories are different and maybe he wanted to present more than visuals but also story plot. The most frustrating point was that after update 0.6 he started work on SG. Again fans of SG have to have their updates as well, however, most fans of SG also are fans of WAB, can the developer sacrifice one game for another? I tried SG and liked it a lot but is it worth the wait for the WAB, I think no.
First, both games are his babies. Second, now each game have their own machine. True, you still need the developer but there are bottlenecks, where one game needs rendering and the other one needs other things. You could also say that both stories are in the same world and they are needed.

"I tried SG and liked it a lot but is it worth the wait for the WAB, I think no." Suppose I say otherwise. So should he listen to me or to you?

Finally, you don't need to wait for anything.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I kinda have to because I want to play the game the developer wants us to play and not half-baked cake that we have now.
Well, what you are saying is this. I have to wait because I want to play a game not the the product as it is, so developer should do a faster job developing stuff. Without entering into the long discussion of telling him what to do with his time, support and all that bla bla bla, haven't you thought that the fact that you are interested in the game is a consequence of the time he spends trying to improve as a developer? Or you thought that he just wishes the game into existence and magically it appears?

A creative process requires time.

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
Well, what you are saying is this. I have to wait because I want to play a game not the the product as it is, so developer should do a faster job developing stuff. Without entering into the long discussion of telling him what to do with his time, support and all that bla bla bla, haven't you thought that the fact that you are interested in the game is a consequence of the time he spends trying to improve as a developer? Or you thought that he just wishes the game into existence and magically it appears?

A creative process requires time.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Moreno is a person with a darker tone of skin, but not black (more like between black and white) common in latin america
Yes: Olive or brown-skinned, tanned. The trait was brought in when the Philippines got colonized by the Portuguese or other fair-skinned nations.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Yes: Olive or brown-skinned, tanned. The trait was brought in when the Philippines got colonized by the Portuguese or other fair-skinned nations.
In Spanish moreno can refer to either a dark-haired or a dark-skinned person (or both at the same time obviously).
Even when we get tanned during the summer, we say we get "moreno."
Today, since calling a black person "black" seems to be an intolerable offence, the word "moreno" is sometimes used an a euphemism to refer to a black person, but it's not at all its chief meaning.

The Philippines' name derives from the Spanish King Philip II, who conquered the islands for the Spanish Empire. They were a Spanish province for over 300 years. You were partly right though: the first explorer to arrive to the Philippines was Magallanes who, although born Portuguese, had become a Spanish subject and worked for the Spanish crown.

History lesson over. That's what happens when you don't drop an update for 8 months and still counting.

AbdelAdrian

Oct 17, 2017
Fans (including me) of "Where It All Began" and "Summer's Gone" have a problem. Each day closer to the update of the first game postpones the update of the second game and vice versa.
Both games are really great.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes