4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

d3v0id

Donor
Apr 4, 2020
Iirc one of two games is supposed to have something like 32 or 33 updates? I really hope it's not this one.
His other game, Summer's Gone, will have around 30 chapters, convoluted in 3 seasons, as one season = 10 chapters. Where it all began will have the same amount of content. (Approximately. Source: his discord.)

Reactions: johndoe19

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Why did I honestly think an update was coming out in a few days, only to realize that it's not even a leap year..? I guess I'll check back in three years then.
Good troll is good.

But really. Summer's Gone updated a month-ish ago. The new cycle is 3-4 months from that starting point. There's nothing coming until April/May at the earliest.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
His other game, Summer's Gone, will have around 30 chapters, convoluted in 3 seasons, as one season = 10 chapters. Where it all began will have the same amount of content. (Approximately. Source: his discord.)
So if the updates come every 3 months, which they probably won't (let's be honest), then it still takes 7 and a half years for the games to get completed. Lmfao. That's a really long time. Either the games won't actually have 30 updates each and he was taking the piss. Or they were supposed have 30 but will have much lesser, or they will get abandoned. I am not trying to troll or be pessimistic here.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
So if the updates come every 3 months, which they probably won't (let's be honest), then it still takes 7 and a half years for the games to get completed. Lmfao. That's a really long time. Either the games won't actually have 30 updates each and he was taking the piss. Or they were supposed have 30 but will have much lesser, or they will get abandoned. I am not trying to troll or be pessimistic here.
He's got 5 games planned in this world. So he's in it for the long haul, either way.

Some people are ambitious like that. Reminds me of Jim Butcher, who started his writing career with a project that would take 24 years minimum to complete.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
I hope the dev has enough will to stick with his games, good for him if he does and best of luck to him. It would be a shame if I didn't get to see how these stories ended considering how fetching they are.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
He's got 5 games planned in this world. So he's in it for the long haul, either way.
All connected to one another? Or just minor references to give homage to his other games? Also that long haul you're talking about is way too long. That would require a lot of will power. He'd probably have to give a decade and a half at the very least to the development of these games.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
All connected to one another? Or just minor references to give homage to his other games? Also that long haul you're talking about is way too long. That would require a lot of will power. He'd probably have to give a decade and a half at the very least to the development of these games.
All connected, as far as I know. I imagine it as 5 stand alone games inhabiting the same world, so some cameos and references between the games.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
No matter what it takes, if it continues with the same quality or better, I don't mind waiting 6 or 7 years for both games to be finished.

d3v0id

Donor
Apr 4, 2020
People are ambitious. Only time'll tell if he is gonna finish the 5 games he has planned. As long as he finishes SG—the only game I'm pledged to—I'm happy. The update schedule has been advanced as both games are now independent from another.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
People are ambitious. Only time'll tell if he is gonna finish the 5 games he has planned. As long as he finishes SG—the only game I'm pledged to—I'm happy. The update schedule has been advanced as both games are now independent from another.
What 5 games planned :oops:, hopefully he doesnt start a new project while he is developing WIAB and SM.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
I think it speaks more about me than about you or him that I get scared thinking about the 7 long years that this might take even though I love it. Like I said before, I really hope he does complete them and he gets to realize his full vision. My point was that it's certainly going to take a long time. And considering that half the games on here get abandoned or put on hold, I don't think you could blame me completely for being a little half glass empty kind of person.

d3v0id

Donor
Apr 4, 2020
What 5 games planned :oops:, hopefully he doesnt start a new project while he is developing WIAB and SM.
Ocean said that there'll be 5 games in this “series” in total, intertwined, as WiaB and SG are. (WiaB is the predecessor to SG, we'll prolly see this entanglement unfold in future SG updates. Don't know for sure if it'll be veritably 5 games—it's just what I recall reading somewhere, whether here, or on his discord.)

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Didn't Ocean say he now has 2 rigs for rendering so he can basically render for both games at the same time, or was that just my dementia again?

Reactions: johndoe19

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
Didn't Ocean say he now has 2 rigs for rendering so he can basically render for both games at the same time, or was that just my dementia again?
yes, you are remembering correctly. Essentially, WiAB's development should not affect Summer's Gone's development, and vice versa.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes