4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I dunno, you just glossed over the fact that he intends to make five games and that him speeding up his 1 chapter/8 months routine isn't gonna make 30 chapters a game go terribly quickly either. Guess we're both prone to leaving out details. Except I was just making a joke originally.
Yeah, that joke fell flat. I'm not ignoring anything since I don't have a problem with their release speed.

Reactions: johndoe19

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
My question was not pointless. It has as objective making you answer what was the underlying idea of your message. And you have just answered: it has no point.

So these interchange of communication proves my message was not pointless and even served the purpose, figuring out your idea, which for there was, according to you, none.

Pity you failed to see the argument in that..
Guess I was too bogged down in the actual academic definitions of things such as "argument" "point" and "reasoning" instead of just using them randomly in whatever way I so desire to understand what you were getting at.

To answer your plea for help disguised as a clever retort: no, in the end your inquiry was completely pointless. As is me replying to you, but I'm bored and have nothing else to do.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Guess I was too bogged down in the actual academic definitions of things such as "argument" "point" and "reasoning" instead of just using them randomly in whatever way I so desire to understand what you were getting at.

To answer your plea for help disguised as a clever retort: no, in the end your inquiry was completely pointless. As is me replying to you, but I'm bored and have nothing else to do.
It wasn't. But it is ok. You don't need to understand it.

Thanks for answering to my question.

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
WIAB 0.1 was released in the Fall of 2018, i.e. he worked on it beforehand --> almost 3 years in and we're still at 0.6 and it's being reworked. So, that's objectively correct.

Summer's Gone 0.1 was released in the Spring of 2019 --> almost 2 years in and it's at Chapter 3. So, that was correct too..

So yeah. You saying something isn't correct doesn't make it incorrect.
Yes however the interpretation you are making with that information is incorrect or at the very least still a variable that remains to be determined. For reasons that I won't repeat, for everybody has already said them multiple times, that lengthy time between updates should not be an issue moving forward. That has even been said by the developer oceanlab himself. Which then should be taken as the case unless proved otherwise.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
WIAB 0.1 was released in the Fall of 2018, i.e. he worked on it beforehand --> almost 3 years in and we're still at 0.6 and it's being reworked. So, that's objectively correct.
No it's not.
It's objectively incorrect.
As we're only in February, 2 months into the year, it's beyond a stretch to call it "almost 3 years".
Autumn/Fall begins roughly Sept/Oct. 2 yrs 5 months is "almost" 2.5 years. Not "almost 3".
Something 7 months away is not "almost here".
I guess you were too bogged down in "academic definitions" to miss that particular definition?

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Some people are ambitious like that. Reminds me of Jim Butcher, who started his writing career with a project that would take 24 years minimum to complete.
Different medium. You can still enjoy the poems of Homer almost 3000 years later. Even if you only read a translation, it's a timeless experience.
I don't believe games with that kind of art style will be relevant for long, not if they have the goal to mimic life as close as possible. In 24 years, a PC might need half a second to produce a render from different angles simultaneously for VR ready portfolios.

More abstract art like manga and toons will probably endure though.

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
No it's not.
It's objectively incorrect.
As we're only in February, 2 months into the year, it's beyond a stretch to call it "almost 3 years".
Autumn/Fall begins roughly Sept/Oct. 2 yrs 5 months is "almost" 2.5 years. Not "almost 3".
Something 7 months away is not "almost here".
I guess you were too bogged down in "academic definitions" to miss that particular definition?
Do you really think he started working on the game he released in the Fall when he took more than half a year per update in that period? No, he likely started somewhere around the end of Winter. So yes, it's almost 3 years, factually correct.

"As we're only in February,"

It's February the 28th. Literally hours away from March. Trying to counter my perfectly logical assumption then starting with bad faith arguments is utter cringe.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Do you really think he started working on the game he released in the Fall when he took more than half a year per update in that period? No, he likely started somewhere around the end of Winter. So yes, it's almost 3 years, factually correct.

"As we're only in February,"

It's February the 28th. Literally hours away from March. Trying to counter my perfectly logical assumption then starting with bad faith arguments is utter cringe.
Yes, I counted February as one of the months. I see you really do struggle with mathematics.
October is the 10th month. February is the 2nd.
10 - 12 is 3. 1 -2 is 2.
Precisely what I said: "2 yrs 5 months".
I suggest you direct your cringe inwards, where it is justifiable.

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
Yes, I counted February as one of the months. I see you really do struggle with mathematics.
October is the 10th month. February is the 2nd.
10 - 12 is 3. 1 -2 is 2.
Precisely what I said: "2 yrs 5 months".
I suggest you direct your cringe inwards, where it is justifiable.
Read my lips: h e h a d t o s t a r t w o r k i n g w a y b e f o r e f i r s t r e l e a s e

But nice job completely ignoring the actually important bit of my reply.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Read my lips: h e h a d t o s t a r t w o r k i n g w a y b e f o r e f i r s t r e l e a s e

But nice job completely ignoring the actual important bit of my reply.
Of course I ignore the unquantifiable part, it's worthless of consideration.
It has zero relevance to the part of your post which I dispute.

2 years and 5 months is, quite factually, not "almost 3 years".
It is, factually, objectively, "almost" (by academic definition) 2.5 years.

Ergo your post was, objectively, incorrect.

johndoe19

May 31, 2019

But nice job completely ignoring the actually important bit of my reply.
So if you are trying to be so specific with information we have no way of knowing, what number would you give for the amount of months he worked on the game before he released the first version of the game?

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
Of course I ignore the unquantifiable part, it's worthless of consideration.
It has zero relevance to the part of your post which I dispute.

2 years and 5 months is, quite factually, not "almost 3 years".
It is, factually, objectively, "almost" (by academic definition) 2.5 years.
Of course you ignore the part of the argument which would make your terrible replies coherent.

Let me write it down one last time, so even a kindergartener would understand:

He took on average half a year in the given period in order to release an update. SO, if the first version was released in October, guess what amount of extra time we should add to our calculations? You got it, half a year! So, since we're effectively starting March right now, it is not unreasonable to assume he started working on the game in late winter-early spring, also known as, wow, you're right again, almost 3 years ago! (Though even if it were just 3 months of work it'd still be almost 3 years so really the scale doesn't even matter in this case.)

Thank you, class is now dismissed, won't take any more questions.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Of course you ignore the part of the argument which would make your terrible replies coherent.
If my terrible replies are incoherent, without your nonsensical argument to something I have never mentioned, why would you choose to make them coherent?
Let me write it down one last time, so even a kindergartener would understand: ASSumption.
Yeah, we all know what an assumption is worth.
No actual, you know, facts to base your position on?
Oh well. Run along now.
Very ironic considering you started the argument after getting triggered by a joke.
I didn't start an argument, I simply pointed out a flaw in your maths &, therefore, your argument.
Who's triggered here, sorry? Me? Or the person wanting to argue with everyone else in the room? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
Very ironic considering you started the argument after getting triggered by a joke.
Your joke was trash, and besides that, you can't expect anybody over text online to pick up that your stupid comment was in fact just a shitty joke. Especially when there isn't really anything to indicate that it was a joke. Kind of like sarcasm

Reactions: whichone

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
I think his point was that taking the current update schedule into consideration, there's no way these two games are getting completed in any reasonable amount of time. Which is obviously a pretty pointless comment to make because there's nothing we can do about it. And I personally don't want the dev to rush things either because he has a vision and for the sake of the story, it's better if he realises that vision. I think the only point to be made here is an expression of dismay. No other point.

Now stop arguing on the internet and go about your lives.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes