4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Oceanlab as much as I loved this game and your ability as an artist and writer, I think you've deserved a fair bit of criticism here for working on 2 games simultaneously.

From my perspective (and it's pretty clear that others share my perspective), pushing through to finish this game would have been the rational choice especially since the story is complete. I can understand how you may feel burned out working on the same thing, but instead of dividing time between 2 projects, perhaps focusing on doing less with one on a regular basis would have been the better choice. Working on 2 games simultaneously isn't going to boost your income. Having regular updates for 1 game and a reliable release cycle will.

As I stated elsewhere in this thread, you have the makings of a great game here but you risk losing all momentum and patrons by turning the release cycle into development hell. People that subscribe to the more successful devs, do so because they have at least quarterly release cycles and delivery of quality content during that timeframe. At the rate this game is going, it will take many more years to complete.

If this is nothing more than a passion project and you don't care about Patreon income, by all means...take as long as a you like. But if you consider this a full-time gig then you should be considering the fans of the game willing to cough up money for your content.
I am fairly certain he's going to get burnt out if he keeps them both going. In fact it appears he already may be. I doubt he'll be able to manage even a 6 month schedule for updates for either game let alone 2-3 months like he said. It doesn't work like that. I think DPC and Philly are very professional and even they can't get updates out within 2-3 months.

On top of that, "I am going to get rid of my bad habits and stop procrastinating" just doesn't happen overnight. You can't just push through those things. That's not how mental health works.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
I am fairly certain he's going to get burnt out if he keeps them both going. In fact it appears he already may be. I doubt he'll be able to manage even a 6 month schedule for updates for either game let alone 2-3 months like he said. It doesn't work like that. I think DPC and Philly are very professional and even they can't get updates out within 2-3 months.

On top of that, "I am going to get rid of my bad habits and stop procrastinating" just doesn't happen overnight. You can't just push through those things. That's not how mental health works.
I've followed some of these artists/devs for some time. When they're bored of doing renders, they do animations. When they tire of animations they do renders. If they're tired of both, they work on the story and dialogue. The key to preventing burnout is not by switching between 2 separate stories, but changing up routine for the story that they're working on.

I think Philly and DPC (2 of the 4 artists I'm subbed to) usually release every 3-4 months but they're pretty good-sized updates.

Philly's last released update was 4/21. His last dev update on June 12th showed 535 renders and 33 animations. That's about 76 renders a week and almost 5 animations per week.

DPCs last release for Being A DIK was 4/27. As of June 4th, he has 83 animations and 335 renders completed. He estimated that he's 30-35% complete.

That's still a good amount of content for probably the 2 best in the business (along with Tora Productions so long as Tlaero is writing).

HopesGaming (DeLuca Family) has a slower release cycle...but still a ton of content when they do release.

Last edited:

kacas

Mar 14, 2020
Or give himself anxiety attacks and not meet those deadlines anyway.
hehe
Not necessarily, for me having a deadline is much better than not having one, when i dont have one i am always letting things for later. I dont know if he is like that or not, its just a tip.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
Out of curiosity, how much NTR content is there? Just to see if it's worth turning it on/off
too be honest not much ntr content and not very good but Ocean is more skilled now and maybe the scenes will be better in the future more realistic and kinky so I would wait if you like ntr if you dont like ntr the game has more than enough content so just turn it off and enjoy :giggle: but the first 5 cheapters gegtting reworks so it is prob smart too wait.

Reactions: vall6269

vall6269

Nov 16, 2020
too be honest not much ntr content and not very good but Ocean is more skilled now and maybe the scenes will be better in the future more realistic and kinky so I would wait if you like ntr if you dont like ntr the game has more than enough content so just turn it off and enjoy :giggle: but the first 5 cheapters gegtting reworks so it is prob smart too wait.
Thanks, I tried both "routes" and yeah I saw the few differences indeed. I'll wait until the game has more to offer, good luck to the dev :)

Reactions: mommysboiii

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
At the moment, I am still a "victim" to "overstimulation", I work on a scene- something is loading, and I tab into YT, etc.
I am currently curing this sickness of procrastination with meditation and other things.
Do push ups and crunches each time you load and render leggo!

It pumps the adrenaline and keep you focused!

You're gonna be the buffest sex game developer by the time these 2 games finished!

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
As much as I like his 2 games, but waiting for the update a year is crazy.
If this happened to the authors whom I support, I would have unsubscribed long ago and forgot about them.
Yup. Waiting over a year for an update would easily make someone lose interests or simply forgot about it.

I only got on here once every few weeks and actually forgot about it up until recently lol.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I like the confidence and drive to make working on 2 games at once work, but I'll believe it when I see it. There is a reason hardly any devs do more than 1 game at a time, and the ones that do work on more either have teams or their games are simple. This situation obviously doesn't apply to either of those things.

Working at your maximum output consistently isn't realistic. You may be able to make 40 renders per day... on some days. Doing that every day isn't reasonable. To compare it to something completely different. A star basketball player may be able to score 50 points at their best, but they just average 25 normally. Applying this to developing a game, you may be able to do 40 renders on your best days, but you average just 20 renders per day.

Increasing your average to 25 is far more likely and realistic than getting 40 every day. Simplifying the process ( and the renders themselves) would help to accomplish this, but you aren't the type that'd accept B+ or A- quality when you want A+ quality. Most people don't notice the difference, but you do.

I feel like you're setting yourself up to be burnt-out. You aren't a machine, you're never going to be perfectly optimized.

This is what happened with Chapter 3. I was on a bad road there. Doing a sprint instead of a marathon.

The 30-35 renders a day is the "normal day" average without going full burnout.

I am capable of doing 50-60 if I'd focus 16h. But this would be retarded. I am aiming to be a long-time dev.

Out of curiosity, how much NTR content is there? Just to see if it's worth turning it on/off

Better turn it off if you don't want to see/risk it.

At the beginning of the reworked WiAB, there is pretty much no NTR- (except for some open relationship talk with Miru.) But it increases over time.

No, doing both games is one of the reasons I will not burn out.
If I am sick of SG- I go and render WiAB and vice versa.

I've been working on this for many many months now. I am not an idiot and think I can just change everything from one day to the other.
If you read some of my posts here and in the SG thread, there I am talking about how I am slowly adjusting it all. (Also in the Patreon posts.)

I think this Game is Dead , It's unfortunate because it was a beautiful masterpiece
It's being nursed back to health by my own tiddy.

But no matter what I say, it won't change anyone's mind.
This means I'll just keep improving until my words have weight again.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
This is what happened with Chapter 3. I was on a bad road there. Doing a sprint instead of a marathon.

The 30-35 renders a day is the "normal day" average without going full burnout.

I am capable of doing 50-60 if I'd focus 16h. But this would be retarded. I am aiming to be a long-time dev.

At the beginning of the reworked WiAB, there is pretty much no NTR- (except for some open relationship talk with Miru.) But it increases over time.

No, doing both games is one of the reasons I will not burn out.
If I am sick of SG- I go and render WiAB and vice versa.

I've been working on this for many many months now. I am not an idiot and think I can just change everything from one day to the other.
If you read some of my posts here and in the SG thread, there I am talking about how I am slowly adjusting it all. (Also in the Patreon posts.)

It's being nursed back to health by my own tiddy.

But no matter what I say, it won't change anyone's mind.
This means I'll just keep improving until my words have weight again.
Keep on keeping on, Ocean. Slow, fast, shit will be done when its done. You doing good, bud.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019

I personally like NTR and if I like for example miru and I turn NTR on will I only see NTR if I agree too something (open relationships/swinging ) in the future? :unsure: because thats not really NTR for me its more about a slow suffer too lose your loved one infront of your eyes (thats why I think good writting is so important with NTR and that we sadly dont have much or any good games with NTR content because its not easy too write )villians that are good written,going too the wrong partys and so on..or the pision scene I love that one but I think it had so much wastet potential and it was so short:confused:.

Last edited:

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I personally like NTR and if I like for example miru and I turn NTR on will I only see NTR if I agree too something (open relationships/swinging ) in the future? :unsure: because thats not really NTR for me its more about a slow suffer too lose your loved one infront of your eyes (thats why I think good writting is so important with NTR and that we sadly dont have much or any good games with NTR content because its not easy too write )villians that are good written,going too the wrong partys and so on..or the pision scene I love that one but I think it had so much wastet potential and it was so short:confused:.
I do not see it as NTR either, but I am not so sure yet if I want to make the open relationship possible on the Non-NTR mode. NTR is a direct consequence of a badly managed/out-of-control open relationship.

But I probably will do it without the consequence on the Non-NTR mode. (The girl can still break up with you, tho.)

In general, all sex scenes in the old WiAB suck. They are too short- too bland, etc.

Can we get any estimation for both games, Oceanlab ? July or later?
Rule #1: Never give an estimate until the update is done.

Close tho.

RTZ8686

Jul 23, 2019
I do not see it as NTR either, but I am not so sure yet if I want to make the open relationship possible on the Non-NTR mode. NTR is a direct consequence of a badly managed/out-of-control open relationship.

But I probably will do it without the consequence on the Non-NTR mode. (The girl can still break up with you, tho.)

In general, all sex scenes in the old WiAB suck. They are too short- too bland, etc.

Rule #1: Never give an estimate until the update is done.

Close tho.
Really like pregnancy option though especially when choosing 50:50 chance, so realistic. Hope you could keep this in the new version.

*that broken condom is also providing more realistic atmosphere that is nor offered in other game.

Keep up the great work Ocean!

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes