4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I think...Miru is far less of a cartoon character and Helen’s interactions with the MC are better in this version.

But I feel like it’s two steps forward one step back, with the MC himself sort being weirdly exaggerated and more anime-esq in this version.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I think...Miru is far less of a cartoon character and Helen’s interactions with the MC are better in this version.

But I feel like it’s two steps forward one step back, with the MC himself sort being weirdly exaggerated and more anime-esq in this version.
mmm...maybe not wrong with that. I just really like the way things are going with all the women, especially Miru.

Also, I'm not against an anime interpretation. I love anime. It often brings out emotions better than anything else. I dunno. I was very critical about this rework, but I really like it.

Reactions: Shubhojitpopo

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I don’t dislike anime either, (Attack on Titan right now :love:) but I feel like the new version doesn’t quite mesh together that side of things with how overly dramatic and philosophical it’s trying to be.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I have a general question since I never played the original game - is there quite a bit of incest in this game? (I don't have a problem with that at all as I've always liked bro / sis stuff, just curious)

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
I agree with others that graphically, the reworked version (Chapter 1) is really well done. However, I am in two minds about Miru... her new look is wonderful, but she doesn't appear to have any asian features (and no mention of her degree!!!) which is disappointing; again, I must stress that I find the new look Miru very attractive, but you see what I saying?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I have a general question since I never played the original game - is there quite a bit of incest in this game? (I don't have a problem with that at all as I've always liked bro / sis stuff, just curious)
By Patreon rules that is something the developer can no longer say. I didn't get there in the first release, but reading the thread a bit in the early days, you could say that the original idea is written to have incest, and that's why the incest patch fits so well.
And the patch in the early days was written by Ocean himself.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
By Patreon rules that is something the developer can no longer say. I didn't get there in the first release, but reading the thread a bit in the early days, you could say that the original idea is written to have incest, and that's why the incest patch fits so well.
And the patch in the early days was written by Ocean himself.
If by first release you meant the original story before the re-work, then I vague recall that the story did get there with Katie in the van & Leia after the dinner date. But it's been a long while so I could very well be wrong. Now obviously, it required patching to make it so instead of just between very close people that grew up together.

Reactions: sorco2003

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
If by first release you meant the original story before the re-work, then I vague recall that the story did get there with Katie in the van & Leia after the dinner date. But it's been a long while so I could very well be wrong. Now obviously, it required patching to make it so instead of just between very close people that grew up together.
I was referring to version 0.1, I knew the game when it was already 0.4. But yes, in version 0.6 (which had already split the story in two, 0.1 to 0.4 old timeline, 0.5 and 0.6 new timeline) there you already had scenes with Katie and Leia (although if I remember correctly Leia's relationship with the MC was already known before).

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I was referring to version 0.1, I knew the game when it was already 0.4. But yes, in version 0.6 (which had already split the story in two, 0.1 to 0.4 old timeline, 0.5 and 0.6 new timeline) there you already had scenes with Katie and Leia (although if I remember correctly Leia's relationship with the MC was already known before).
I thought the entire old work, including 0.5 & 0.6 have now been thrown out because even the plot in those 2 releases don't quite fit well in with where Ocean wants to take the story?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I thought the entire old work, including 0.5 & 0.6 have now been thrown out because even the plot in those 2 releases don't quite fit well in with where Ocean wants to take the story?
Yes, in those days Ocean wanted to redo the first four chapters to match with 5 and 6, but finally decided to do it all over again, only keeping the keypoints.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Thanks guys, ya just the tone of things seems to fit some of the incest tropes perfectly so figured I'd ask to make sure I wasn't mis-reading. Enjoyed CH1, looking forward to more.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Thanks guys, ya just the tone of things seems to fit some of the incest tropes perfectly so figured I'd ask to make sure I wasn't mis-reading. Enjoyed CH1, looking forward to more.
All the people in the childwood enviroment are childwood acquaintances, of course. There is no incest content in this game (unless you download the uncernsored patch) COUGH COUGH COUGH!

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

Hello,

So, welcome to the next Dev Log

The last Dev Log was quite a bit controversial due to the changes I made to Scarlet.
And I expected this.

I'm a person that tends to overthink. And that's pretty much what happened with Scarlet. At first, I was like "She looks too young."
Then I was like "Stop overthinking, Ocean."... But what if I was right?
So I made the decision to not do any more renders with her until I got some feedback that either support my thoughts about her looking too young or her being mature enough.
I personally am a huge mature/milf fan and so I just had to go back and change her again. (Gladly, I didn't do any more renders with her.)
The second new version I created just didn't do it for me. That wasn't Scarlet. It felt wrong.
So I did go back to what felt right and left some parts of Scarlet untouched. But changed others quite drastically.
To refresh your memory... Here's the old Scarlet from various chapters.

Chapter 2
Old1.jpg

Chapter 3
Old2.jpg

Chapter 6
Old3.jpg

In Chapter 6 she had a visual upgrade.
So, for the new new one, I custom sculpted her body and changed her hair again. Did some small skin and material changes and that was it. This Scarlet just feels like Scarlet... But I still had to do some changes to make her fit more to her updated personality and story. (4k version attached.)

ScarletTheMatureWormy.png
While the old Scarlet always embedded some sort of Rocker theme, the new one needed some "classy" drops.
With the next Dev Logs, I will show some actual in-game renders with the new model.

2. Zoey and Katie
Now we get to the next point of today's Log.
Two other well-known characters will be previewed.
I did preview Katie before and she didn't get changed much. Zoey on the other hand got a full-out rework.
In the old WiAB, I wanted to start Zoey's story much MUCH later. Which was a big mistake because a major story point would've started way too late.
In the new WiAB, Zoey's story will begin within the next two chapters and quite some lore will be dropped on you.
Let's get to some visuals. First the old ones.

Old Katie (Chapter 3)
l291.jpg

Old Zoey (Chapter 3. Warning: Nightmare inducing.)

l186.jpg

Both together (Chapter 6)

i110.jpg

One thing I always hated about Zoey was her weird body. She had huge tits, a super narrow hip, and a big ass.

I had already previewed her with these two renders:

KatieP1.jpg
Katie-June2.png

Her body got custom sculpted and reworked her skin map.
Here is an actual Chapter 2 in-game render.

KatieTheWormy.png

There's one issue I still have with her and it's the SSS (Subsurface Scattering.) I will work on that while I go through the update.

Now Zoey... Good old Zoey... She gave me quite the headache and I tried a lot of different variations.
ZoeyTheThickerWormy.png
The new Zoey changed quite a lot.

Besides the obvious hair and skin material changes, I also changed her body.
She's now thicker and a little chubbier. I will preview some actual body shots of her in the upcoming logs.
And her personality also got updated. She still has some things from the old Zoey but she's way less "Sexual for the sake of being sexual."

So yeah, I guess that was it.

All new renders are available in High res at the bottom to download.

Take Care!

- Ocean
:)

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
Now that's a great dev log! And the previous dev log didn't seem to be controversial on Discord, only here, so hi Ocean! <3
It is another thing I like a lot with Ocean is that he uses feedback as it should be, to improve his iterations, while feeling confident enough to dismiss the outliers and to not take it all personally. :)

This reworked Scarlet is great, much much better than in the previous dev log. She is still quite changed from old Ch6 Scarlet but she retains some of her Ch6 self, she still looks mature but not like a granny, and overall really good (and classy, which was the case of the Scarlet from the previous dev log and is certainly linked to her story revamp). Really good work!

Katie did not change much, she still looks nice! But Zoey is another successful change, I liked her former self but she now looks more real and much improved.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Ok first off Zoey looks cute as fuck, i am a sucker for freckles so i am instantly on board with it(i would say i am not TOO happy with her losing her tattoos but i can live without them). Also Katie looks AMAZING as well, especially with the pony tail.

Now onto the controversial part. Scarlett this time around does look better IMO, she definitely is more of a proper cougar type looking MILF. Although i personally still think her chapter 6 self looks the best it's fine. I dont want the dev to spend too much time obsessing over 1 character trying to please everyone, that will never happen. One good example of a MILF that you updated that looks WAY better than her previous self IMO is Amber from Summers Gone.
Also on a minor note, Ocean i love your work man, but stop with the goofy hats lol, first you gave Scarlett what looked like a silly oversized sombrero and now she has a hat that looks like it came from a Popeye movie or something. If you want a classy looking hat may i suggest something like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but honestly i wouldn't even bother, at the end of the day this is really a minor thing, probably shouldn't have even brought it up.

Anyway give me more of Zoey and Katie, cause OOF.

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Ya I never played the old version of the game but the new Scarlet character in the latest log above looks better as she actually looks like she's in her 40s, the other one looked 22. :)

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes