4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
I don't want to disturb this conversation of yours, but just to prevent some nasty missunderstandings in the future, i will throw this fully passionless in:
i was talking overall
not involved in Ocean's games enough to point something out, after all the time

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
i was talking overall
not involved in Ocean's games enough to point something out, after all the time
It was not my intention to offend you directly or mean you explicit. I have used your qoute just for the context of all. :)

Reactions: Andeddo

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
It would be interesting to know if developers when starting a VN have a whole story mapped out or they just make it up as they go along. I would have thought it would be better to do the former but I rarely see that here (or it's not obvious they have a plan!)

For me, unless there was some significant technical flaws in an earlier release, "reworking" is code for " I have ran out of ideas but want to keep milking my Patreons".

I absolutely get and appreciate that the vast majority of devs do this as a hobby and not as a career and very few people are in a position to work on a project for years and then release a final version in 1 go - you clearly get more income by releasing in stages (bit like early access games on Steam).

I just wish there was a bit more honesty about where the dev is at with their thinking - they earn so much good will over the months/years then some seem content to burn all that in a short space of time for a few $$.

Oceanlab is clearly a very talented artist and I do appreciate good visuals, but give me a compelling story over a shiny VN with no substance any day of the week.
The pre-reworked version of this game lands squarely in the middle of the "significant technical flaws" category. The reasons for the rework is well known, some circumstantial but mostly technical.

And in fact the rework is cleaning up a mess of a story and creating a more compelling one.

Like others have said, go play the original to see for yourself. I dare you to do that and then come back and say the rework wasn't necessary. :p

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Great comment buddy this is something I always ask myself today I'm 25 years old so it's hard to know how old I will be when this finally happens. :KEK:

muffinxz

Aug 10, 2021
These game devs found the perfect way to milk the money off supporters.

1- Start a game with hardworking good story
2- Don't finish it
3- Remake it
4- People mad ? release 10 mins gameplay so they can shut the fuck up
5- Remake it again

That way, early patreons will pay for both versions and the neat trick : Hype them with some sexy previews to milk em even more. That's why I stopped supporting games. Who is more creative on how to milk people. The new trend for these devs.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
These game devs found the perfect way to milk the money off supporters.

1- Start a game with hardworking good story
2- Don't finish it
3- Remake it
4- People mad ? release 10 mins gameplay so they can shut the fuck up
5- Remake it again

That way, early patreons will pay for both versions and the neat trick : Hype them with some sexy previews to milk em even more. That's why I stopped supporting games. Who is more creative on how to milk people. The new trend for these devs.
If you had ever played the Ch1 from WIAB you would notice that is has was more playtime than 10 minutes. To be fair, ctrl skipping could be 10 minutes, but its not the devs fault if his players lack the abilty to read - or understand the read words ...

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Yeah I’m not really a fan of how the MCs look in these games. The one in this game looks like Jason Momoa and Daario Naharis from A Song of Ice and Fire got stuck in a matter transporter together.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
does anyone know any ocean gossip? do we know how soon this week or next? i need my sweet inoccent miru back I cant wait for everything goes down and mc fucks witht he wrong people :love: :love:

Reactions: wes812

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
does anyone know any ocean gossip? do we know how soon this week or next? i need my sweet inoccent miru back I cant wait for everything goes down and mc fucks witht he wrong people :love: :love:
According to the last log he expected to finish the renders around tomorrow, but he's going on vacation from 21th to 28th so expect the release at the beginning of september.

Reactions: mommysboiii

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
1660829310251.png
in theory today or tomorrow the static renders will be ready and only after the vacations he will complete the animations, beta test and release, maybe hopefully second week of september.

Jul 7, 2022
I haven't played the original version of this but as far as the reworked Ch.1 goes I absolutely love it.
All I can say about the MC is oh boy, is he ripped...and um yeah, he makes for some nice eye candy :whistle:
I love Miru's looks and character, she's really sweet. I went for the open relationship option and felt bad for saying it!
SG is probably my favorite but this is coming close if it continues like this. Hope an update comes soon.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes