Interesting story
Attractive graphics
Attractive music
But I think it will take a long time to complete

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
This game could afford to have more restraint with the camera. It has more dutch angles than Kenneth Branagh's Thor. People are often barely in frame. The shots jump all over the place incoherently, frequently in a disorienting way. It feels like half of the time the camera is a foot away from someone's face. They also love cranking that depth of field way up. It's like someone just found out where the camera controls are and hasn't gotten over the novelty yet. Hopefully they'll become more subtle over time.
I actually quite enjoy the dutch angles, not many vn go for more 'cinematic' camera angles, but you might have a point about the transition between them. About DOF its often necessary, renders eat way too many resources if you are not using it, especially if you have more than one character in them. 3D Art is a really hardware intensive hobby.

Reactions: tutude and Turret

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
I actually quite enjoy the dutch angles, not many vn go for more 'cinematic' camera angles, but you might have a point about the transition between them. About DOF its often necessary, renders eat way too many resources if you are not using it, especially if you have more than one character in them. 3D Art is a really hardware intensive hobby.
In terms of awful Dutch angles, nothing beats Battlefield Earth.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
To
Might be. So far things proceed in avery similar but a lot less campy way. We must admit things where all over the place in the origianl version.
To some degree, certainly. Especially the renders where some of them had black lines around their lips that would have made a chola hide hef face in shame.

But the MC felt less cartoonish, and I still think Katie was a tad better in the original. Hopefully they can get her character back o a similar path.

Reactions: LHDLLB

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
This is a HUGE downgrade from Summer's Gone. SG is a beautiful story both visually and most importantly content wise. The rework of WIAB however is just... I don't know man. Literally EVERYONE in this game looks like a super model, not even a single exception. The MC looks like Roman Reigns with the Face of Baron Corbin and the attitude of MJF and CM Punk. He's a real asshole and selfish as hell.

I started to play the "old" game and the beginning already is so much better. There's at least SOME ugly or decent characters there and the MC had to deal with more shit than he was handing out.

I sincerely hope this will change in chapter 3 but either way I will focus more on SG.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
This is a HUGE downgrade from Summer's Gone. SG is a beautiful story both visually and most importantly content wise. The rework of WIAB however is just... I don't know man. Literally EVERYONE in this game looks like a super model, not even a single exception. The MC looks like Roman Reigns with the Face of Baron Corbin and the attitude of MJF and CM Punk. He's a real asshole and selfish as hell.

I started to play the "old" game and the beginning already is so much better. There's at least SOME ugly or decent characters there and the MC had to deal with more shit than he was handing out.

I sincerely hope this will change in chapter 3 but either way I will focus more on SG.
Right!!! because SG is full of ugly women, isn't it?

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I don't know man. Literally EVERYONE in this game looks like a super model, not even a single exception. The MC looks like Roman Reigns with the Face of Baron Corbin and the attitude of MJF and CM Punk. He's a real asshole and selfish as hell.
This is literally SG in a nutshell. And neither in SG nor in WIAB it's a real problem because i doubt people play and/or make these type of games to see "ugly people"

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes