4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
This is a HUGE downgrade from Summer's Gone. SG is a beautiful story both visually and most importantly content wise. The rework of WIAB however is just... I don't know man. Literally EVERYONE in this game looks like a super model, not even a single exception. The MC looks like Roman Reigns with the Face of Baron Corbin and the attitude of MJF and CM Punk. He's a real asshole and selfish as hell.

I started to play the "old" game and the beginning already is so much better. There's at least SOME ugly or decent characters there and the MC had to deal with more shit than he was handing out.

I sincerely hope this will change in chapter 3 but either way I will focus more on SG.
So tell us, who in SG is ugly?

And I'm sure Cheeto in SG is whining without cause whenever she complains that MC is an asshole to everyone.

Are you playing the same Summer's Gone that everybody else is playing?

noctarima

Jul 14, 2020
I wonder if this game will have multiple endings which all fit the details told in SG(like whatever we do miru or some other asian(likely miru) will be impregnated by MC or some other Zane and give birth to ayua or holgersons becoming more unlikeable or Zane Petrova Revera partnership) or just have one CANON ending and other "fan"/non-canon endings. Also maybe just one ending no matter our choices. I hope its the "canon" and "non-canon" endings.

Side Note:If miru and MC are really parents of ayua, how the fuck ayua is so mid? I mean MC is basically Jesus, Zeus, Poseidon combined and miru is no less than MC. I'm not saying ayua is garbage or smt like that but compared to her supposed parents, yeah she is garbage.

I didn't play the old versions of the game so I may have misunderstood some things, If that is the case sorry for the misinformation and if you didn't play SG and WIAB's last version and want to avoid spoilers definitely don't click on the inline spoilers.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I wonder if this game will have multiple endings which all fit the details told in SG(like whatever we do miru or some other asian(likely miru) will be impregnated by MC or some other Zane and give birth to ayua or holgersons becoming more unlikeable or Zane Petrova Revera partnership) or just have one CANON ending and other "fan"/non-canon endings. Also maybe just one ending no matter our choices. I hope its the "canon" and "non-canon" endings.

Side Note:If miru and MC are really parents of ayua, how the fuck ayua is so mid? I mean MC is basically Jesus, Zeus, Poseidon combined and miru is no less than MC. I'm not saying ayua is garbage or smt like that but compared to her supposed parents, yeah she is garbage.

I didn't play the old versions of the game so I may have misunderstood some things, If that is the case sorry for the misinformation and if you didn't play SG and WIAB's last version and want to avoid spoilers definitely don't click on the inline spoilers.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Genetics is a bitch, dude. You can put the hottest 2 people in the world together abd they can still make fugly kids. My pops is of English origin, mother is American Indian. I got her hair and terrible eyesight, and my father's pasty skintone. I don't particularly look like either of them when it comes to facial features, though both of my brothers do look a lot more like our father.

It could always be worse, at least nobody came out looking like Clint Howard (in ny family or the game!)

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
New version is looking great, it does look like the remake was worth it for the visuals alone. The story is better fleshed out, it doesn't move as fast as the original, that comes with trade offs, for now it looks well executed. My only worry is that the game is gonna take forever to complete with so many characters, NTR routes and another game in parallel on top of that.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
guys should i play the old version or the rework changes a lot of the story ?
You could play it to get a general idea of where the story is going. Some characters not only changed their looks, but also their personality. Miru for example is a huge example of this, her behaviour in the old game (and many might agree with me) is completely different now. Some other characters didn't change as much, but their dialogue is deeper, and some elements in the old story were slightly changed.
So yeah, I would suggest you try it, but keep in mind some things are bound to change in the new version.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
I learned from where those screenshots where from.
Seeing how vastly the story/characters are different and production values, is it safe to assume that playing the older version of the game is not worth it? I was interested in getting a peak due to the connections with SG, but seems to me playing the old version is pointless since everything can change.

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
I learned from where those screenshots where from.
Seeing how vastly the story/characters are different and production values, is it safe to assume that playing the older version of the game is not worth it? I was interested in getting a peak due to the connections with SG, but seems to me playing the old version is pointless since everything can change.
It's completely different. Less content then the first though so far. But the graphics are way better in the new one.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
You could play it to get a general idea of where the story is going. Some characters not only changed their looks, but also their personality. Miru for example is a huge example of this, her behaviour in the old game (and many might agree with me) is completely different now. Some other characters didn't change as much, but their dialogue is deeper, and some elements in the old story were slightly changed.
So yeah, I would suggest you try it, but keep in mind some things are bound to change in the new version.
A lot of things are going to change. Ocean has himself said that the game will be a lot different than it was before.
My best guess is that the crime stuff will still be important plotwise but a lot of stuff is going to be different (better).

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
A lot of things are going to change. Ocean has himself said that the game will be a lot different than it was before.
My best guess is that the crime stuff will still be important plotwise but a lot of stuff is going to be different (better).
I was expecting it to happen. While I enjoyed the old version, some scenarios were getting too fantastic, and that doesn't match with Ocean's current style. Some things prevail though, like the fact that Willi has to go back home, his relationship established with Miru, her bad relatinoship with Katie and the fact that his Helen doesn't speak, Miru knowing marcial arts, etc.

Reactions: Kassandara

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
(better).
Subjective.

Some things have vastly improved but the old story with Katie is far better than this one.

This one shows her being bullied already so it already makes the MC look like a dick. We didn't find out about her being bullied until the camping trip last time which made her look like the antagonist until that point.

The original made it seem like she was evil and that is why the twins didn't like her. This one makes the twins look twisted and it shows katie is a victim of their bullying so the plot where he keeps trying to paint her as the bad guy doesn't work.

Also his mother was more caring in the original. She's already coming across as dismissive of him here.

Also the MC has been made to look like a massive douche since he got back home. From what he did to the cop when she was a virgin to bullying Katie.

Miru's whole plot has been improved by a ton.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Subjective.

Some things have vastly improved but the old story with Katie is far better than this one.

This one shows her being bullied already so it already makes the MC look like a dick. We didn't find out about her being bullied until the camping trip last time which made her look like the antagonist until that point.

The original made it seem like she was evil and that is why the twins didn't like her. This one makes the twins look twisted and it shows katie is a victim of their bullying so the plot where he keeps trying to paint her as the bad guy doesn't work.

Also his mother was more caring in the original. She's already coming across as dismissive of him here.

Also the MC has been made to look like a massive douche since he got back home. From what he did to the cop when she was a virgin to bullying Katie.

Miru's whole plot has been improved by a ton.
I think the new Kati "how it began" story has not run it´s course. I theorise something like a bang will be coming in a future chapter. Yes, currently teenage Willi and Leia come across as bullies to the majority of people they knew, with few exceptions like Zoey, Stefan, Dana or Gina. And they had a good or at least ok relationship with the rest of the family EXCEPT Kati.
It is also established in both new and old WIAB that it was something Kati did which drove Willi to flee Wollust.

Considering that the High School Twins currently come across in hindsight as tough Jerks and Bullies, who took punishment quite stoically, what the hell has Kati done that Willi fled the city by night and fog and Leia contemplated it too and was only talked out of it by Willi?
That cannot be just Kati spilling she had seen Willi snogging with his Sis, esp. since it is established like in the old version that Dylan already knew the Twins loved each other more than they should. And while he did not like it, he even lied for them because he is of the opinion that you simply cannot control who you fall in love with.
And what can be read between the lines, neither Leia nor Willi have ever forgiven Kati for whar she did back then. It simply must be big and probably not a single deed.
Another point to remember is that Kati has to be pushed to help examine what happened to their mother. No matter whar happened before, the Twins want to solve the puzzle of their Mom´s "accident", whereas Kati is rather eager to continue the old feud. Even the "No War event" Kati is called out by Miru, why her feud with Willi is more important for her than to help solve the case.

And Gina´s tipp to Miru how to learn about the history of the feud between the Twins and Kati shows the bullying was not one-sided, even if Kati´s view might be a bit closer to what happened. So Willi and Leia´s view of the old times has merrit too. But one thing is sure it was a serious clusterfuck.

Reactions: Srimanta
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes