4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
He'll probably postpone the barn scenes and start with other environment scenes. He's also moving back to Berlin next month iirc.

I want to stalk a little on out of curiosity and WIAB gained +42% patrons in the last month, that's massive.
WIAB had one fourth of SG's patrons last month, now it has a bit less than half (even if SG will increase in the next days after the update).
in principle, according to what he put in the log, both environments he plans to use eat the hard (that is, reading what he says I think that the police station and the barn will be more or less the only thing we will see, maybe some road inside the cars but not much more).

Reactions: Uriel ☁

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
His Subscribe Star subscribers have gone up with a bump as well. Hopefully, it'll put him in a postion for his planned hardware upgrades. We're already seeing SG have 2 releases a year and that's on top of the early chapter reworks. Hopefully, this'll see an increase in WiAB as well

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
His Subscribe Star subscribers have gone up with a bump as well. Hopefully, it'll put him in a postion for his planned hardware upgrades. We're already seeing SG have 2 releases a year and that's on top of the early chapter reworks. Hopefully, this'll see an increase in WiAB as well
It is always celebrated when a developer improves its numbers, but SS has the disadvantage that you never know if it is because of WIAB or, more likely given its popularity, SG.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I read the passage about the test render too, but I find this test render quite elaborate and I am pretty sure Ocean has e.g. Leia presetted in various outfits. So why this one here?
This outfit is going to be used in the police scene. It's a rather spontaneous act, and Leia also doesn't care what some (her words, not mine) peasant thinks.

Reading carefully the dev log, I had a doubt...
If both environments literally eat the hardware available today, what work will be possible to advance between now and when Ocean will be able to acquire his dreamed A6000?
I imagine that this next month he will only write the script, make storyboards, and not much more...
There are a lot of other scenes that I need to render too. (Indoors etc. These are all possible until I acquire the A6000.)
So there's not going to be a time period when I can't work at all.

I imagine that this next month he will only write the script, make storyboards, and not much more...
The script for Chapter 3 had been written a long time ago.
From a writing perspective, Season 1 is pretty much done.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
This outfit is going to be used in the police scene. It's a rather spontaneous act, and Leia also doesn't care what some (her words, not mine) peasant thinks.

There are a lot of other scenes that I need to render too. (Indoors etc. These are all possible until I acquire the A6000.)
So there's not going to be a time period when I can't work at all.

The script for Chapter 3 had been written a long time ago.
From a writing perspective, Season 1 is pretty much done.
Since Ocean is here, is it still the idea to release WIAB on Steam with 3 chapters and SG with 5?
In that case, are you thinking of making chapter 5 of SG complete? That way they could be released relatively together.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Since Ocean is here, is it still the idea to release WIAB on Steam with 3 chapters and SG with 5?
In that case, are you thinking of making chapter 5 of SG complete? That way they could be released relatively together.
I'm currently rethinking my approach to the seasons and stuff.
But I think I wanna put WiAB there with Chapter 5.

I'll provide some more info about it in the next log.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
This one shows her being bullied already so it already makes the MC look like a dick. We didn't find out about her being bullied until the camping trip last time which made her look like the antagonist until that point.

The original made it seem like she was evil and that is why the twins didn't like her. This one makes the twins look twisted and it shows katie is a victim of their bullying so the plot where he keeps trying to paint her as the bad guy doesn't work.
I personally find the new approach of this point better, the fact that *only* bullying leads to the escape from wollust is now quite unlikely. There must be something more going on to provoke Katie for going full balistic towards William, especially because the cat was already out of the bag and the quality time between Willian and Leia was more or less an open secret within the family. Dylan has even lied for William in this matter.

It is always celebrated when a developer improves its numbers, but SS has the disadvantage that you never know if it is because of WIAB or, more likely given its popularity, SG.
Is there a way to watch the subscribestar stats, like it's possible with graphtreon?

Reactions: Lurcher1

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I personally find the new approach of this point better, the fact that *only* bullying leads to the escape from wollust is now quite unlikely. There must be something more going on to provoke Katie for going full balistic towards William, especially because the cat was already out of the bag and the quality time between Willian and Leia was more or less an open secret within the family. Dylan has even lied for William in this matter.

Is there a way to watch the subscribestar stats, like it's possible with graphtreon?
I once looked for some kind of SS subs history, but unfortunately I didn't find anything.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I'm currently rethinking my approach to the seasons and stuff.
But I think I wanna put WiAB there with Chapter 5.

I'll provide some more info about it in the next log.
Just a suggestion put the original mc and katie back in the story because honestly this rewrite/rework was not an improvement. It's your creation so do as you see fit obviously but katie doesn't seem like katie and MC is somehow just not fitting compared to the Original MC. The personality switch is mostly the dislike on my side. I can't speak for others and am not trying to just sharing my thoughts.

Payne

Jul 11, 2017
Hey Ocean, i love the story. I'll admit at first i was kinda let down with having no signs of NTR but after hearing(reading) your explanation i total get where your mind is at. I'm even more interested in how you'll bring it into the story especially since you're building up characters close to reality.
Also, the visuals are absolutely fan-fantastic....
Any timeframe for next update?... maybe 3 to 8 months?... or might even be 3 to 4 (lol)(hopeful)

Sep 18, 2022
Just a suggestion put the original mc and katie back in the story because honestly this rewrite/rework was not an improvement. It's your creation so do as you see fit obviously but katie doesn't seem like katie and MC is somehow just not fitting compared to the Original MC. The personality switch is mostly the dislike on my side. I can't speak for others and am not trying to just sharing my thoughts.
As someone who didn't play the original version I think this one is perfect. IMO the dude has the best VN out there (SG) and WIAB is fantastic as well, so I trust the ocean man to come through with fantastic characters, atmosphere, and story.

And, lets not push for even more reworks lol.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
As someone who didn't play the original version I think this one is perfect. IMO the dude has the best VN out there (SG) and WIAB is fantastic as well, so I trust the ocean man to come through with fantastic characters, atmosphere, and story.

And, lets not push for even more reworks lol.
Yea enough reworks for now.
But I have to say that WastedTalent got a point. MC and Leia seem very unlikeable in the reworked narrative for now, not to mention that MC in general seems like a stereotypical Chippendales pretty boy that is an asshole to boot. Could put people off from playing someone like that in the first place. Even if Ocean turns it around and supplies sufficient motivation it might already be too late at that point.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
MC and Leia seem very unlikeable in the reworked narrative for now, not to mention that MC in general seems like a stereotypical Chippendales pretty boy that is an asshole to boot.
I think that's by design.
Leia is clearly very pissed at Will for leaving. There's a whole story there, hinted but not told, but it will in time.

William used to be a first grade asshole, all the stories from before he ran away confirms this. He changed somehow while he was away from his hometown and met Miru. Think of the difference between his hometown friends, all strained relationships, and his new-town friends.

As he comes back home he unintentionally picks back some of his bad habits. This happen to everybody as our brain ties emotions and habits to places and environments. Miru continously notices it and even outright tells Will when dealing with Katie.

The story picks up right at the crossroads of William's life, he can go either ways. He can go back to his previous asshole self or straight up himself but to do so he has to face his demons.

Anyhow this is just how I see it.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I think that's by design.
Leia is clearly very pissed at Will for leaving. There's a whole story there, hinted but not told, but it will in time.
Agree with most of your post, but notice how I said "in the reworked narrative for now". We know a lot about Willies motivations because we played the old version. The people just coming into this probably didn't and they'll look at this with fresh eyes.
I hope they'll give Ocean enough time to unfold the finer details of the story before they are too turned off by the douchebag MC.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Agree with most of your post, but notice how I said "in the reworked narrative for now". We know a lot about Willies motivations because we played the old version. The people just coming into this probably didn't and they'll look at this with fresh eyes.
I hope they'll give Ocean enough time to unfold the finer details of the story before they are too turned off by the douchebag MC.
Tbh I never played the old version, I remember playing the old ch2 some ~4 years ago? Then I left it cause NTR is not really my thing and the old version was full of it and, worst of all, it was senseless NTR.

I am kinda fresh even if I know some little meta stuff from SG but that's it.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes