4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I think the music adds a lot to scenes, personally, so hopefully Ocean is able to get that solved down the road. I like the guy's suggestion above in the meantime about a "modder of unknown origin" coming up with a patch similar to the incest patch that people can tack on separately to "restore" music.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I think the music adds a lot to scenes, personally, so hopefully Ocean is able to get that solved down the road. I like the guy's suggestion above in the meantime about a "modder of unknown origin" coming up with a patch similar to the incest patch that people can tack on separately to "restore" music.
1687392137727.jpeg

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
NOOOOOO! It was my favourite song, I have it stuck in my mind for a week every time I play SG or WiAB.
Just download it and listen to it when you play the game.

Can you just imagine all the people putting the music slider to 0 :ROFLMAO:
What's funny? I played the game without music and had no problem. I play my own music half the time and can find good/fitting songs for scenes etc. Sure, some of these games have good music but do I need the game to have music to play it? nope.

I know the man wants everything immediately, but a solo dev has to make some compromises.
Trying to have everything immediately will lead to many issues/problems. Many things can be added later on but Devs sure love making things complicated and complain about money issues.

Reactions: Ilhares

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
There is a status update literally on the last page :WaitWhat:
No time to search, shit won't hit the thread itself.

What's funny? I played the game without music and had no problem. I play my own music half the time and can find good/fitting songs for scenes etc. Sure, some of these games have good music but do I need the game to have music to play it? nope.
I basically do the same, but SG and WIAB are among maybe a dozen games where music matters. To me, music and background sounds in SG make up about 10-15% of the overall impression of the game. SG without "What my mama said" and "Every night" is the same as LoF without "Love Automatic" or BaDIK without Friday Prophets, especially "Punk Rock Flu". At least, those who know about these songs can listen to them separately during the game (although the songs are tied to certain game events to enhance the impression or set the mood, or even are part of the plot, "Love Automatic" is intended to be the most popular Lexi's hit in LoF). But those people who see the game on Steam for the first time will be deprived of the most relevant music.

omgx123

Apr 13, 2020
Has no one bothered to tell him to maybe get the games to a good spot to get more people buying them (if not outright finish them) and THEN dick around with adding whatever music he wants to moments that warrant it?

I know the man wants everything immediately, but a solo dev has to make some compromises. And I'd rather it be in the damn soundtrack vs the actual game.
Exactly, someone needs to tell him that if he spend the music money on hardware that will help him put updates out faster, he will get more people to buy/subscribe and more profits, instead of 2 updates per year for each game, he could do 1 every 2 months or so with good hardware bought using the music's budget. and when his games are established, he can license music however he wants. Such a waste of time and money now licensing music.

Reactions: Euron13 and Cedrog

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Exactly, someone needs to tell him that if he spend the music money on hardware that will help him put updates out faster, he will get more people to buy/subscribe and more profits, instead of 2 updates per year for each game, he could do 1 every 2 months or so with good hardware bought using the music's budget. and when his games are established, he can license music however he wants. Such a waste of time and money now licensing music.
Everybody project manager until it's time to do it for real and take responsibility for bad decisions :)
I mean SG will be released on Steam and it's a great opportunity to impress a huge audience and make the game widely known. But the responsibility is as great as the opportunity, there is only one chance to make the first impression. I'm perfectly sure Ocean rates the quality of the game for release on Steam much better than me, you, or anyone else and he is much more than anyone else interested in the success of the release. So if he sees music as the weakest point at the moment, I would trust him on that. After all, he made the game the way it is now, and most of us like it. Remember how much he was blamed and still being criticized for reworking the first chapters of SG? But if you read the reviews that are written in the thread by people who first saw SG, then in most cases there will be something along the lines: "Amazing graphics, simply the best, only a small part of the second chapter looks much worse, just a pimple on perfect skin, what was that lol?" Moreover, as far as I understand from the dev log, he still does not have the opportunity to purchase this super-duper cgi workstation anyway and the successful release can give such an opportunity. So if he believes that investing in music will add more value to the game at release than anything else, I'll trust him on that. It's a pity that WIAB's budget doesn't allow him to buy a good music only for this game, but in the past, many songs were common for both games and it worked perfectly, some songs became the hallmark of both games, so this is not a problem.

Kas96

Jul 15, 2021
Everybody project manager until it's time to do it for real and take responsibility for bad decisions :)
I mean SG will be released on Steam and it's a great opportunity to impress a huge audience and make the game widely known. But the responsibility is as great as the opportunity, there is only one chance to make the first impression. I'm perfectly sure Ocean rates the quality of the game for release on Steam much better than me, you, or anyone else and he is much more than anyone else interested in the success of the release. So if he sees music as the weakest point at the moment, I would trust him on that. After all, he made the game the way it is now, and most of us like it. Remember how much he was blamed and still being criticized for reworking the first chapters of SG? But if you read the reviews that are written in the thread by people who first saw SG, then in most cases there will be something along the lines: "Amazing graphics, simply the best, only a small part of the second chapter looks much worse, just a pimple on perfect skin, what was that lol?" Moreover, as far as I understand from the dev log, he still does not have the opportunity to purchase this super-duper cgi workstation anyway and the successful release can give such an opportunity. So if he believes that investing in music will add more value to the game at release than anything else, I'll trust him on that. It's a pity that WIAB's budget doesn't allow him to buy a good music only for this game, but in the past, many songs were common for both games and it worked perfectly, some songs became the hallmark of both games, so this is not a problem.
I should not say about SG in this thread but i don't know how many chapter WiAB have but SG has total 30 chp after chp5 release there will be 25 remaining.... 5yrs gone for "remastered".... 1 update per year..... 25 chp left.... do your own math

Last edited:

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
WiAB will be shorter than SG, that's all we know.

Don't really wanna take part in the conversation that always re-emerges, like; "why making 2 games at the same time" or "this will be completed in 2050".

All we can do is to support him and hope he delivers. If not, bummer :KEK:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Don't really wanna take part in the conversation that always re-emerges, like; "why making 2 games at the same time" or "this will be completed in 2050".

shorter in what way do you mean? because the chapter count is the same.
I don't remember Ocean changing that after the rework, both would be around 30 chapters.

Reactions: Kassandara

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
For the "will be completed in 2050 (if at all)" stuff, you are in the wrong thread. You must go to the AWAM thread.;) L&P lies when he opens his mouth, so many promises he has broken and ONLY gets slower all the time, whereas Ocean is definitely working on upgrading not only his games, but also the computers to work with. I am quite hopeful, that development speed of WIAB and SG will get higher than it is.

Kas96

Jul 15, 2021

Bruh SG will have proper lewd after chp 10 and according to some people SG will not have any "major" lewd scenes. if i'm not wrong, WiAB is linked with SG and some people say it's a sequel of SG so definitely WiAB will have lewd from first and we already seen! Now you are saying it will be shorter!!

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I should not say about SG in this thread but i don't know how many chapter WiAB have but SG has total 30 chp after chp5 release there will be 25 remaining.... 5yrs gone for "remastered".... 1 update per year..... 25 chp left.... do your own math
Bro, I honestly don't understand how the fact that it takes years for a single developer to develop two high quality games at the same time is relevant to my post. So if that's you asking me of my opinion on this topic, then I also want updates for both games to come out more often, with the current high quality of games or better. I also want more content with Bella, Nami, Leia, Katie, Sasha, Zara, Miru. And don't forget about Nadia and her bananas, Gina, Zoey, Mila, Vic, Nia, Sonia, Scarlett, Amber, Maja. Yeah, and love me some Elsa, Monica, Kate, Miriam and Nora twins, Dani from the gas station and that girl with the mischievous smirk from the locker room. This will do for the beginning.

But don't you think that sounds a little childish? "Mom, I want it now, gimme." Do you really think these complaints are going to get you somewhere, or is there some rationale for these complains other than frustration that you can't get what you want. Five years is a long spread of time, that's for sure. But do you think Ocean's skills were at the same level then as they are now? He didn't spend time learning things and improving skills, it's free, he was just born with it? He had the same hardware then? You don't take into account the progress he's made over the past year? I don't even mention his personal issues, which has been overcoming these years and spoke quite openly about it. We, professional critics, certainly know that this is just a weak excuse that lazy developers throw at us when they are lazy, right?

And now let's compare with the most successful project of all times. I bought BaDIK season 1 on Steam, in the mid of 2020. Now it's the mid of 2023. Six chapters have been released, 5-9 and interlude. Two updates a year, just like Ocean do, if you count both WIAB and SG as one. You would say that the last BaDIK chapters are three times bigger than the average SG or WIAB chapter if we compare the number of static renders. And BaDIK is completely beats SG+WIAB in the animation department, I mean quantity, not the quality. Well, that's true, but then again, we're comparing to the AVN World Champion. And if you dig into the first chapters of BaDIK (1-4), you'll find they are almost equal to the average chapter of SG in terms of the number of static renders. And now I'm only saying my opinion, but the artistic quality of a picture in Ocean's games is much higher.

The only thing that really hindered the advance of the plot for both games was the rework. But what were the options, to leave the old graphics as it is? For those who see the games for the first time, this is ridiculous and spoils the impression. Or maybe just finish and release them where they were before the graphical enhancement was possible, and then start a perfect "Summer's Really Gone" from now on at the current level of quality? Dunno, I like what we have now even if it took the time. Those who will first see the games on Steam won't even know about the rework.

And at the end of the post about the main thing :) I can’t see the future, but if everything remains the way it is now, then I don’t believe in 30 chapters in a reasonable time either. But that's okay for me. To me, this is not a movie they've been trying to finish for years. For me, this is a series, I watch them episode after episode, season after season, as they appear. I don't expect the final credits in the near future and don't assume it will. As long as he releases two chapters a year with a decent amount of static renders and content, I'm fine with that, it's average for most of my favorite VNs. But I hope for the best, Ocean has said a few times that he is thinking of hiring assistants. Maybe it will happen, who knows.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Thank you! As always, one learns about important WIAB things from SG's posts. :rolleyes:
And finally something interesting to discuss.
Much more depth in the story with fewer chapters or did the old way of counting get too long?
It would be interesting to know what is the overall plan for WIAB.
Indeed, it's kinda odd that SG is so much more popular than WiAB (especially in Discord).

I have no clue what happened about the chapter count. I'm just guessing Ocean is taking a different approach to the story. :unsure:

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes