4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
That's not what kinetic novel means in the VN space though, by misusing the term you've introduced some confusion into the point you're making.

A kinetic novel is a VN with literally no choices:
f95 tag: Kinetic Novel [Used when a visual novel style game presents the player with no choices.]
: A kinetic novel is a VN that does not present the "player" with any choices at all; they simply read through a single unbranching story.

So a kinetic novel is very much a comic in essence. Neither WIAB or SG are kinetic novels.
If that's what the definition is here, I'll bow out embarrassed. But saying something is kinetic when it is static is a misuse of the term kinetic in the first place. Language adapts I guess, a rose by any other name is an elephant? :oops:

Reactions: John972

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
I still dont understand the vargue language of the last SG post (no hate) I mean he said polish is done and testers dont need more than a day because the update is straight foward but in the last SG post he talks about upcoming days (which can mean anything) and also soon before chirstmas?? but I tought that the game is already at the testers that wont need longer than a dayo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oso i am confused
What are you confused about? You've been here long enough to know that you can't trust a word they say. There are only a few exceptions. Oceanlab is just another dev in a long line people who love to bend the truth. There are no consequences to it so they will keep doing it. He probably congratulated himself for being such a hard worker when he wrote the lines about McD. Then he jerked off to it and the post nut clarity made him realise he can't do anything of what he just posted. Meh, who cares. I'll get my money. Here are some boring renders as collateral. It's all about that steam cash now.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
If that's what the definition is here, I'll bow out embarrassed. But saying something is kinetic when it is static is a misuse of the term kinetic in the first place. Language adapts I guess, a rose by any other name is an elephant? :oops:
Have a look at the VNDB link, it explains why kinetic is used in this context (not just at f95).

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Have a look at the VNDB link, it explains why kinetic is used in this context (not just at f95).
I'll accept that logic, even if it triggers me despite my frequent typos. Ignore my incorrect use of the term. I still stand by my opinion of the way the plot structure will likely go, and how very few novels actually offer the marketed "meaningful choices" regardless of terminology. It's at least something to do while waiting for CH3 to appear :oops:

Reactions: Meushi

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
What are you confused about? You've been here long enough to know that you can't trust a word they say. There are only a few exceptions. Oceanlab is just another dev in a long line people who love to bend the truth. There are no consequences to it so they will keep doing it. He probably congratulated himself for being such a hard worker when he wrote the lines about McD. Then he jerked off to it and the post nut clarity made him realise he can't do anything of what he just posted. Meh, who cares. I'll get my money. Here are some boring renders as collateral. It's all about that steam cash now.
I mean ocean is normaly trustworthy so i dont get the hate but I still dont understand why he cant give a date if he is already finished and the game has been tested I mean just be honest and say I wait for the router to come or there are bugs no idea what happend but I would just communicate that

Last edited:
Reactions: flg2831046

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
While I entirely agree the name Kinetic Novel is a confusing misnomer (I fell for the same confusion many many suns and moons ago too), it's not just the definition here. It's the de-facto definition for the sub-genre of VN with no choices.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
While I entirely agree the name Kinetic Novel is a confusing misnomer (I fell for the same confusion many many suns and moons ago too), it's not just the definition here. It's the de-facto definition for the sub-genre of VN with no choices.
If I manage to keep that as my biggest faux pas here I guess I'll consider myself lucky :censored:

• Haha
Reactions: Cabin Fever

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
If I manage to keep that as my biggest faux pas here I guess I'll consider myself lucky :censored:
I'd consider it a very non-issue, especially since you've been very cordial about it. There are a lot that get super aggro over nothing, or something that's been politely explained, even just in this thread. Plus, I've said much dumber things here, so I'd say you're good.

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
Just think about the people who're investing in this game.

Whatever jokes aside, I believe this is the end, it's not funny anymore.

This guy tries to make his work so perfect that he forgot he lives in real world which is bound by time.

Either he's in a serious trouble or he's just something else

Was good till it lasted
He doesn't try to make his work perfect. Neither is Ocean working 365 days, 7/7, 24/24 to deliver an update of one hour by year. He is just doing the strict minimum because there's no insentive for him to work. Whether, he delivers one update each month/3 months/6 months/year. His pigeons are still wasting the same amount of money on his dead project.

F*** those guys, they're the ones responsible for the situation. I hope Ocean keeps scamming them forever. My bare comfort is knowing that they're the most involved in the project, wasting money on useless renders and time in his discord/echo chamber. In a few more years, reality may hit them hard realizing they wasted all this money and time on bare content but I still doubt it, delusion as such is one hell of a disease.

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Let these people smoke their copium.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Ha, the merest hint of a delay and all the doomsayers immediately come out of the woodwork...

The difference between them and me?

If, God forbid, Ocean shut up shop and quit next year, I would likely acknowledge that the doomsayers called it, WHEREAS...

If Ocean is still chugging out updates for SG/WIAB in a couple of years, as he's pretty much done since 2021, doomsayers will still be shitposting about him and predicting the imminent demise of both projects.

PS - I have no skin in this game financially. Ocean said SG Beta in October (DONE), WIAB in November/December, and SG Full in December/January. December (and January) ain't over yet... so who's been fooled?

...and, yeah, I know you have a bone to pick with Ocean 'cause the reworked WIAB doesn't feature the same amount of NTR as the original. Post histories reveal what users hate on Ocean because reworks took away their candy, no matter how much they try to disguise their disappointment as something else.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Your argument is pathetic.

I could write a monologue to explain this (if you want I can write one for you in a private message), but I'll save my time saying only ONE point between many:

He get PAID to do this product, people have the right to ask a deliver. Even the ones who don't pay, since dev himself makes his release public (free product these days means free advertising for possible financial support).

If the dev close patreon and everything and starts to work on the game without making a single cent with it, I would totaly agree with you. But at the moment someone sell something, he NEED to deliver, and if he don't, he SHOULD be criticized.

Being like a drug addict is defending someone/a company selling lies while getting money from clients/supporters.
To be fair no he doesn't. He gets donations to help development...you're buying nothing.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Your argument is pathetic.

I could write a monologue to explain this (if you want I can write one for you in a private message), but I'll save my time saying only ONE point between many:

He get PAID to do this product, people have the right to ask a deliver. Even the ones who don't pay, since dev himself makes his release public (free product these days means free advertising for possible financial support).

If the dev close patreon and everything and starts to work on the game without making a single cent with it, I would totaly agree with you. But at the moment someone sell something, he NEED to deliver, and if he don't, he SHOULD be criticized.

Being like a drug addict is defending someone/a company selling lies while getting money from clients/supporters.
Your logic is making irrational connections.

- Patreons pay to help him develop. Their rewards are listed - not a product, but access, including the chapters on release. They get what they're signing up for.
- The product goes public because patrons share it, not because it is automatically a public release. It comes out the side door, not the front. Show me where you can get Ch5 Beta of SG officially for example. When WiaB Ch3 is leaked (there's the side door, not the front) You can show me were the official public link Ocean uses to advertise is.
- Ocean is not selling WiaB or SG. He has sold access to the development of the games (from the patreon):
- Patreon Tier One: Access to the patreon only feed and a thank you (access to dev logs only, no product for $2.50/mo)
- Patreon Tier Two: Previous, plus access to full releases (not beta) plus previews, plus discord access (more access to development, no access to betas unless they grab leaks for $5/mo)
- Patreon Tier Three: Previous, plus access to beta after three days, access to lewd previews, access to wallpapers (for $10/mo, slower delivery of the official betas than the leak, more development access)
- Patreon Tier Four: Previous, but access to beta on release, access to blender trials (for $20/mo, access to all Ocean's development process, and the betas.

Nowhere is there a release schedule saying how frequently you'll recieve any of this. If you sign up with expectations beyond what's started, it's your own misconception of what is being offered. Not all patreons get the beta, first tier exists for people who want to support but are fine to go through the side door. Feel free to show me where the official public release links are that explains how you justify the dev making the release public. Currently the releases are patreon only, no other way than non-official leaks.

When things are leaked here, the complete dev logs with previews and blender treats, the betas, the full previews and betas are leaked by the $20/mo patrons who are being kind.

Whatever you might think, patronage is paying for the rewards they sign up for, the level of support they're willing to give. The wording even mentions how you are supporting development, rather than buying a game; the game is not for sale, it is a reward for supporting the finished product. Some devs have multiple games available as rewards on the one patreon, so they can develop new games. It might seem like semantics, but it is what the patreon offers - support is what patrons purchase, and they get rewards.

I am not a patron, I'd rather buy the game when there's a public purchase link. I don't think your logic of pirates have a right to demand delivery because Ocean gets paid by someone else holds true. If there is no official release link, then we're all going in the side door on day one, looting and pillaging, courtesy of someone who did pay at least $20/mo. I'm grateful for the patrons who think it is worth trying to expand Ocean's user base beyond patreon.

I can't think that there's anything in life I deserve just by existing. Respect is earned and too easily lost, like a permadeath roguelike. I don't automatically deserve optional leisure activities; those are optional extras far above the necessities.

ArsenHumby

Nov 27, 2020
Ha, the merest hint of a delay and all the doomsayers immediately come out of the woodwork...

The difference between them and me?

If, God forbid, Ocean shut up shop and quit next year, I would likely acknowledge that the doomsayers called it, WHEREAS...

If Ocean is still chugging out updates for SG/WIAB in a couple of years, as he's pretty much done since 2021, doomsayers will still be shitposting about him and predicting the imminent demise of both projects.

PS - I have no skin in this game financially. Ocean said SG Beta in October (DONE), WIAB in November/December, and SG Full in December/January. December (and January) ain't over yet... so who's been fooled?

...and, yeah, I know you have a bone to pick with Ocean 'cause the reworked WIAB doesn't feature the same amount of NTR as the original. Post histories reveal what users hate on Ocean because reworks took away their candy, no matter how much they try to disguise their disappointment as something else.
You were going good till you decided to mention a fetish for no apparent reason, people are complaining about the update right now, not NTR.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
You were going good till you decided to mention a fetish for no apparent reason, people are complaining about the update right now, not NTR.
When I view posts critiquing Ocean's games one way or another, I've learnt to check post histories on the subject.

I trend I've seen with those bashing Ocean the most these days is that many were fans of either SG or WIAB before the reworks. They are disappointed, to say the least, that the things they enjoyed in the original game versions aren't the same any more or are missing entirely. Thus, I look to see if there is some underlying motivation for their negativity.

If you feel I have unfairly pigeonholed you based on things you're posted previously, then I apologize.

You posted, "Let these people smoke their copium. It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." Who has been fooled? Who is smoking Copium? Your post suggests you think Ocean is just bullshitting, milking, and stringing people along, and that those who accept his update schedule for what it is are fools.

Yeah, many people are pissed the update hasn't been released yet. Yeah. many people are pissed that both WIAB and SG take ages to update (two updates for SG in 11 months and potentially one update for WIAB in 13 months), but Ocean has been reasonably and consistently transparent about the entire process. As far as I've read from his development logs, he hasn't fooled anyone.

Oct 13, 2023
There is no need for negativity here on this forum
I personally am deeply disappointed that till now the new update still didn't drop yet after many promises but still whoever doesn't like how things are right now, they are free to stop interacting in this forum or in general stop playing ocean's games or stop supporting him etc..

Ocean where is that damned update for fuck sake :)

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
I advanced some days in the future, it is December 25, 2023, time 23:59, and the update has not yet been released.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes