4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

M3lly

Jun 1, 2020
When I view posts critiquing Ocean's games one way or another, I've learnt to check post histories on the subject.

I trend I've seen with those bashing Ocean the most these days is that many were fans of either SG or WIAB before the reworks. They are disappointed, to say the least, that the things they enjoyed in the original game versions aren't the same any more or are missing entirely. Thus, I look to see if there is some underlying motivation for their negativity.

If you feel I have unfairly pigeonholed you based on things you're posted previously, then I apologize.

You posted, "Let these people smoke their copium. It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." Who has been fooled? Who is smoking Copium? Your post suggests you think Ocean is just bullshitting, milking, and stringing people along, and that those who accept his update schedule for what it is are fools.

Yeah, many people are pissed the update hasn't been released yet. Yeah. many people are pissed that both WIAB and SG take ages to update (two updates for SG in 11 months and potentially one update for WIAB in 13 months), but Ocean has been reasonably and consistently transparent about the entire process. As far as I've read from his development logs, he hasn't fooled anyone.
You are replying to the wrong guy. Being so diligent and creepy to check each individual's chat history and yet you can't tell us apart?

While there is truth to what you just said, yes, Ocean have been very rude to me in the past when I was just innocently voicing out my preference for the old story, I don't think this have anything to do with the negativity here.

There haven't been an update for ages. While Ocean have been keeping everyone in the loop, getting new GPU, moving house, etc. The very long wait doesn't change. The frustration is perfectly understandable.

It is a little unreal that I can still see massive amount of copium. Maybe Ocean is sick? Maybe down with flu? Moving houses sure is stressful. Let's just call it what it is okay? It is yet another delay, this time without any explanation.

Just because you are fine with waiting doesn't mean others can't complain.

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
It would be best if you acted quickly to protect yourself from the angry leechers. Run Ocean now !!!

Seriously, the game is fine, let's wait for more and stop being sour.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You are replying to the wrong guy. Being so diligent and creepy to check each individual's chat history and yet you can't tell us apart?

While there is truth to what you just said, yes, Ocean have been very rude to me in the past when I was just innocently voicing out my preference for the old story, I don't think this have anything to do with the negativity here.

There haven't been an update for ages. While Ocean have been keeping everyone in the loop, getting new GPU, moving house, etc. The very long wait doesn't change. The frustration is perfectly understandable.

It is a little unreal that I can still see massive amount of copium. Maybe Ocean is sick? Maybe down with flu? Moving houses sure is stressful. Let's just call it what it is okay? It is yet another delay, this time without any explanation.

You're 100% right that others are free to complain, but since Ocean deleted his account here (and no one knows if he trawls these threads any more), it's pretty pointless complaining to other users who are powerless to make changes.

Complaining is also a form of copium. We're all here in this thread waiting to see what our waiting was for.

John972

Apr 24, 2018

Complaints about a slow update aren't what I'm taking issue with. It's when that's extrapolated to infer that Ocean is intentionally milking and deceiving Patrons is what I SMH at.

As for checking post histories... I only do it for Ocean's threads occasionally because of the trend I mentioned. I've tried to honestly engage a few users but eventually discovered why they were really pissed at Ocean - they're fans of the original games and don't like the reworks. That manifests itself into all sorts of negativity about the reworks and Ocean himself. If someone expresses that they don't like the reworks and prefer the originals, fine. But if they mask that by saying nothing about the reworks is good, that Ocean is just milking, that Ocean is just gonna continually rework and rework these games ad infinitum, or Ocean is deceiving his Patrons, then I can't take their comments seriously. Same goes when they never make a single positive comment about the reworks. Checking post histories reveals users who are balanced in their comments or uniformly positive or negative in their comments.

Myself, there are elements of the original stories I personally don't like. But most of all, the visual quality was sub-par. Having said that, if Ocean kept the exact same narrative tone (and kinks) in the reworks, I would still wholeheartedly acknowledge that such reworks are of substantially higher quality than the originals, even if parts of the story aren't my thing.

Ocean's release schedule has been done to death in these threads. It is what it is. I would rather see 1 or 2 updates a year than no updates at all.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I advanced some days in the future, it is December 25, 2023, time 23:59, and the update has not yet been released.
Hell, why just to December 25, 2023? Why not make it 2030 and let us know how it went... you're free to give plot spoilers on all the updates.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Hell, why just to December 25, 2023? Why not make it 2030 and let us know how it went... you're free to give plot spoilers on all the updates.
Imagine having a time machine, going to the future... just to find out how an AVN turned out? ...at least they could've taken a thumb drive, found the release time and leaked the complete game to us now. I bet they didn't check lotto numbers or the stock market either :sneaky:

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
You're 100% right that others are free to complain, but since Ocean deleted his account here...
the guy is venerated on his other thread & yet he deleted his account??
what a snowflake!

even in this thread he's being defended non stop, despite pissing on his fans and supporters at every turn.

does he want 100% adoration?

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Hmm forum is weirdly quiet considering that this is release day
What did you expect? Bitching is forbidden now, so what else is there for most people to do here? :HideThePain:
Even NebulousShooter is too lazy to complain about the coming up fatso Dana, which I think is a valid reason for bitching that follows the forum rules.
Silent waiting seems like the best option. :HideThePain:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
What did you expect? Bitching is forbidden now, so what else is there for most people to do here? :HideThePain:
Even NebulousShooter is too lazy to complain about the coming up fatso Dana, which I think is a valid reason for bitching that follows the forum rules.
Silent waiting seems like the best option. :HideThePain:
She was my soul mate, after Old Katie, ofc :cautious:...Now I have to waste money on extra fries with my order. :cry:

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes