4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
This is one way to think about it.
But just imagine Joshy's immense pain. He has to be the MC whose most romantic move was to creampie a virgin girl on the kitchen table and invite all the guests to appreciate a job well done. And now the guy is still acting like a jerk, but his shrimp-sized girlfriend is slapping his head for this. Miru the Instant Karma! Do you see this scenario as an opportunity for hand-holding and head-patting?
actually, seeing how all the girls remember him fondly, i think MC made many romantic gestures that he himself might not even remember or acknowledge as romantic. and there is a good chance that he isn't really a jerk anymore but acts like it because that's what's expected of him giving him control over his image, knowing that he has Miru to rein him in if he takes it too far, earning her some good cop points from the girls who would confide more and more in her, allowing MC to get insider info.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
actually, seeing how all the girls remember him fondly, i think MC made many romantic gestures that he himself might not even remember or acknowledge as romantic. and there is a good chance that he isn't really a jerk anymore but acts like it because that's what's expected of him giving him control over his image, knowing that he has Miru to rein him in if he takes it too far, earning her some good cop points from the girls who would confide more and more in her, allowing MC to get insider info.
Of course, I was being quite sarcastic when I called Willie a complete jerk. But this is only to some extent.

Ocean himself said that his MCs will always be jerks of sort, they were originally created that way. But with the possibility for a player to shape their character. I think the player's decisions will have a big impact on which side Willie's character arc bends. One way to play him is as a relatively good guy who made a lot of mistakes in his youth, learned painful lessons from his life experience and is now trying to make amends with the people he hurt.

Or he is a cunning bastard who manipulates people and uses them selfishly as tools to achieve his goals. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be an opportunity to take over Leia's business and make her Willie's pet. :BootyTime:

And frankly, it seems to me that the Deleted Member robbed Nika (the SG's MC) of the dark path, chickened out of the possible rejection of SG by the game distributors and decided to play it safe. So he gave the dark path to Willie. These is just my guess of course.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello,

So, after organizing some things, WiAB is back in active development as SG approaches release.
I limited the time for WIAB to 2 hours per day. The rest of the day is spent on postwork & gallery stuff for SG. (Thankfully, I can render and do postwork simultaneously thanks to the 48GB VRAM.)

Previews (Chapter 3.5) - 4k attached.
"All eggs in one basket."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WiAB's now being developed entirely on the "SG" workstation.

- Ocean

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Interesting info about uncle Tony and auntie Jenna.It seems that there were some cheating between them and Dylan/Helen. And more interesting that now Jenna lives with some rich dude at beach house. As i remember,old version led us to some beach house about Helen's accident and there was scene with some hidden antagonist at beach house.
When Miru asks about MMF, what was your reaction? Especially seeing Gina mentions her bf is into that.

I think also Willi being a PoS is the setup for the meaningful/not out of character NTR/cheating side of things. It never makes sense to me when it's just a roleplay and everyone's happy. The whole point of this game seems to be the dark side of it. MIru's already shown some claws with the mock drowning of Willi, so I can imagine the game will get pretty nasty if you let it.
Think a little deeper. The main essence and root of Ntr is betrayal, which can take many different forms, and cheating to partner is only a small part of it all.For example,parents favor-one of cheating forms.Its a plot around Dylans favoring Katie and Helen favoring Willy.At least Leia mentioned it.Or for example,i remember conversation about Scarlet scene in the old wiab where she wanted to call her mom.It's a way of cheating to Lukas (Skarlet's desire to have son such as Willy) and possible cheating Willy to Helen if he agree with it.
Its emotional cheating Willy to Miru now with Leia.Or plots around Ben,Mon Dana and her bf where Ben could still love Dana,Mon has feelings for Willy,her bf could be pissed about Willy( i wouldnt be sprised if he tries smh with Miru,will receive ridicule from Willy and Miru and, in addition, Dana's desire to Willi).And what I described is only a small part of the betrayal that can be seen in the plot.
Of course, I was being quite sarcastic when I called Willie a complete jerk. But this is only to some extent.

Ocean himself said that his MCs will always be jerks of sort, they were originally created that way. But with the possibility for a player to shape their character. I think the player's decisions will have a big impact on which side Willie's character arc bends. One way to play him is as a relatively good guy who made a lot of mistakes in his youth, learned painful lessons from his life experience and is now trying to make amends with the people he hurt.

Or he is a cunning bastard who manipulates people and uses them selfishly as tools to achieve his goals. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be an opportunity to take over Leia's business and make her Willie's pet. :BootyTime:

And frankly, it seems to me that the Deleted Member robbed Nika (the SG's MC) of the dark path, chickened out of the possible rejection of SG by the game distributors and decided to play it safe. So he gave the dark path to Willie. These is just my guess of course.
Yeah.He is 100% pure Asshole,but,let's be honest,such characters will always be loved by viewers.They are the most memorable and shining types on the screen/in the book.

Reactions: yossa999

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Interesting info about uncle Tony and auntie Jenna.It seems that there were some cheating between them and Dylan/Helen. And more interesting that now Jenna lives with some rich dude at beach house. As i remember,old version led us to some beach house about Helen's accident and there was scene with some hidden antagonist at beach house.

Think a little deeper. The main essence and root of Ntr is betrayal, which can take many different forms, and cheating to partner is only a small part of it all.For example,parents favor-one of cheating forms.Its a plot around Dylans favoring Katie and Helen favoring Willy.At least Leia mentioned it.Or for example,i remember conversation about Scarlet scene in the old wiab where she wanted to call her mom.It's a way of cheating to Lukas (Skarlet's desire to have son such as Willy) and possible cheating Willy to Helen if he agree with it.
Its emotional cheating Willy to Miru now with Leia.Or plots around Ben,Mon Dana and her bf where Ben could still love Dana,Mon has feelings for Willy,her bf could be pissed about Willy( i wouldnt be sprised if he tries smh with Miru,will receive ridicule from Willy and Miru and, in addition, Dana's desire to Willi).And what I described is only a small part of the betrayal that can be seen in the plot.

Yeah.He is 100% pure Asshole,but,let's be honest,such characters will always be loved by viewers.They are the most memorable and shining types on the screen/in the book.
I think the scene at the beach house connected Donna and the girl that got Willi in jail if I remember right, which makes current Donna's stalking very curious with her motivation.

About the betrayal side of things going deeper than simply the sexual relationships, definitely. I am more commenting on the relatively shallow aspects. The way Mon was treated, and the way Katie and Lucas are treated really drive the story. Even if you look at Daphne's feeling of abandonment - that's a betrayal in a way, and Willi knew it. I think those kind of power struggles will be driving the plot, and it'll potentially poison relationships if not dealt with carefully. I'm kinda feel Ocean will put in choices where you are forced to choose between two bad outcomes.

Reactions: Doomyk

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I think the scene at the beach house connected Donna and the girl that got Willi in jail if I remember right, which makes current Donna's stalking very curious with her motivation.

About the betrayal side of things going deeper than simply the sexual relationships, definitely. I am more commenting on the relatively shallow aspects. The way Mon was treated, and the way Katie and Lucas are treated really drive the story. Even if you look at Daphne's feeling of abandonment - that's a betrayal in a way, and Willi knew it. I think those kind of power struggles will be driving the plot, and it'll potentially poison relationships if not dealt with carefully. I'm kinda feel Ocean will put in choices where you are forced to choose between two bad outcomes.
the best kind of choices :)

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

I think that's very likely (y) (y)

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Does anyone have the 4k version?
That's all I could find on SS connected to Dana, have fun mate! :)

Apr 30, 2023
I find it really hard to play this game tbh.
The mc is a piece of shit.
We have a forced LI with no option to break up.
And I feel like every character knows stuff we don't and is always mentioning it.

Still there are going to be sharing scenes so I have to play.

It could be worse though at least there is no shitty sandbox.
Why the MC is a piece of shit exactly??? i mean , I played the game at least 2 times from 0 point and have not seen him being bad..Then again the story of this game is not exactly clear to me yet....Neither the relationship he had with his family members

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Why the MC is a piece of shit exactly??? i mean , I played the game at least 2 times from 0 point and have not seen him being bad..Then again the story of this game is not exactly clear to me yet....Neither the relationship he had with his family members
REALLY!?!?!?!!?? Do you actually read the dialogue or just look at the pretty pictures?

Iranian Ken doll dude is cocky and arrogant, generally speaking an asshole to his devoted gf. He was in jail, engaged in a romantic relationship with his sister, ran away and abandoned his family and friends keeping next to no contact whatsoever with them. He seduced and fucked a virgin girl infatuated with him in a party and left her exposed for everyone to see...

The MC is the very epitome of a piece of shit! What AVN are you playing?!?!!?

EDIT: I didn't even mention the way he treats people, even those he actively wronged in the past. Both MC's in Ocean's games are written as openly unlikeable assholes. Or at least they start that way.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I must be playing a different avn, because the mc here seemed pretty.....bland? If anything? Nothing stuck out as blatant douchey behavior, he seemed fairly docile especially around women.

Then again that could be because I tend to blow through dialogue whenever it gets long-winded during the "family get together lets talk about feelings" scenes like dinner table. :unsure:

Reactions: ZillaStarKilla

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
cocky and arrogant
Doesn't make someone a piece of shit...
generally speaking an asshole to his devoted gf
Not seeing that myself. They are playful with each other.
He was in jail
Doesn't make someone a piece of shit...besides, we don't know what for.
engaged in a romantic relationship with his sister,
ran away and abandoned his family and friends keeping next to no contact whatsoever with them.
While not favourable...Doesn't make someone a piece of shit...
He seduced and fucked a virgin girl infatuated with him in a party and left her exposed for everyone to see...
The only thing he has done, that we are aware, that is really shitty yes.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

Hmmm...fair I guess. Depends on the perspective.

I'm fully on the camp of Willi being unlikeable/an asshole/a PoS but I can see how someone could have a milder opinion on him. Let's agree that he just isn't a nice person.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021

I agree with those points. I also wouldn't go as far as calling him a piece of shit, but even the other characters mentioned what a freaking nightmare he was when he was a teen. He'd occasionally had good gestures, like defending the cafe girl when other kids were racist towards her, but he was also mocking her for her weight, he and Leia were mean to Katie for no reason, and according to characters' dialogue he was known in Wollust for being an asshole. There's a reason why all the girls get so mad at him when he was the Jabba comment, they just assumed to worst of him cause they know him.

I'll just go with 'charming asshole' for Willi.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
The only thing that has been shitty is how he treated the virgin at the party, and yes that does make him an asshole, but at this time
he was still very young and he deeply regrets it.
I was confused what everyone was talking about so I redownloaded game and breezed through and yeah, that's about the only scene that was a strike mark against his character. Not surprised I missed it though, it's like a 2 minute conversation then never revisited again (aside from short police station visit).

Also, most of these "asshole" points seem to be told as past stories, we don't see them happen in real time, so it doesn't carry the same weight.

I think there's something else going on here with how strongly some feel about the mc.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
the present MC is not a complete asshole. he can be a jerk to Miru, they have playful banter with some dark humor, because that's their dynamic. if she didn't like it, she would not be with him.
We can see part of the current personality of MC during the first scene with Daphne, and when he spoke to the girl at the gas station. those are important to set a baseline and a reference to compare how he is described to be during his youth by others.

there is a clear difference, as in the present, he can poke at people but it won't be to intentionally hurt, and only crosses the line for a reason. while during his younger years, he just said and did the most hurtful stuff without care.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes