4.30 star(s) 186 Votes
Apr 30, 2023
Zane isn't a common surname where I live, just sayin' :sneaky:

Edit: Also, officially (as in the official release as released), no matter what anyone says, they are just friends, and Leia smirks when saying this. Just friends with the same surname.
Zane as a surname does not exist where i live so i can't say if it is common or not...But in my country surname some times does not mean that 2 people are brother/sister/cousins etc.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Yeah that's fair. I already stated that maybe calling him a pos might be too much. Other than the stuff he did to Monica (which is abominable imo) he might just be a bit of an asshole.

We do know that whatever he was doing with Leia was real and damning enough for little Katie to know it was wrong and the mere threat of her telling anyone sent the MC running. And even after running, causing immeasurable pain to Leia that molded her into the bitch she is now, riddling Katie with guilt over that empty threat, possibly being the main reason for the strain in his parents marriage, he still acts a little dickish towards them. Except maybe Helen, which I assume is mostly due to her condition or he would probably give her a hard time too. But yeah we still lack a lot of context and perspective.
Helen seems to be the only character that absolutely no one disrespects. even MC wouldn't, even if she didn't have her accident.

they were young, maybe what they did was barely anything (in this version). it could just be some touch experimenting at best, or just showing some naked parts, for curiosity's sake. and they felt guilty enough that he didn't want to face the consequences of that back then. because now, it seems the fact that he left is more serious than what they did.

Reactions: RNasc4444

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Zane as a surname does not exist where i live so i can't say if it is common or not...But in my country surname some times does not mean that 2 people are brother/sister/cousins etc.
The official script is what you play unpatched, there are patches floating around to make the game make more sense, because 'just friends' *smirk* is too ambiguous. It is possible to have the same surname without being related, but it is very suspicious to have been room mates/best friends.

Best to play it the way you understand it the easiest. The official release is what it is for a reason.

Apr 30, 2023
The official script is what you play unpatched, there are patches floating around to make the game make more sense, because 'just friends' *smirk* is too ambiguous. It is possible to have the same surname without being related, but it is very suspicious to have been room mates/best friends.

Best to play it the way you understand it the easiest. The official release is what it is for a reason.
i have not any patch ... i got the game and simply unzipped and played it ... I agree that " because 'just friends' *smirk* is too ambiguous." Leia as a character is a total mystery to me ..... I mean from all the characters no one else tried to find William to tell him about the accident Helen had..But Leia called that is a bit suspicious

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Helen seems to be the only character that absolutely no one disrespects. even MC wouldn't, even if she didn't have her accident.

they were young, maybe what they did was barely anything (in this version). it could just be some touch experimenting at best, or just showing some naked parts, for curiosity's sake. and they felt guilty enough that he didn't want to face the consequences of that back then. because now, it seems the fact that he left is more serious than what they did.
Interesting point I just considered - what if Katie didn't just potentially blackmail Willi, what if she purposefully planted a story that made him leave? I don't know, something like Helen was going to kick him out, or send him to *shudder* the religious cult people to rehab/brainwash him, or sic the police on him for what he did to Mon? We're all assuming it's only one thing that caused him to leave, what if it was a whole bunch of things as Katie tried to punish him with an excessively overblown plan of hers?

Reactions: Maviarab

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
i have not any patch ... i got the game and simply unzipped and played it ... I agree that " because 'just friends' *smirk* is too ambiguous." Leia as a character is a total mystery to me ..... I mean from all the characters no one else tried to find William to tell him about the accident Helen had..But Leia called that is a bit suspicious
As far as I understand the patch, it simply changes some of the dialogue to help the story make more sense. But it's easy enough to make your own mind up rather than use some unknown modder's patch.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
No evidence of romance ...except for the flashback that was added in CH3 Full, and the implications of carving on the tree, and the reason he left Mon on the kitchen table was to be with the one he loved... and because it was the central canon of the original pre-rework. I can't imagine the game would drop that, especially as they are 'just friends' (as Leia smirks in the official release).

He's not complete trash, but he does have plenty of work in front to redeem himself ...and ultimately that is part of why he came back. Seeing how emotional he got when discovering Helen had an accident does show he has some redeeming features. Kicking spiders towards a person with no panties on though... not sure I would forgive him for that if I was Miru.

Other family members doing worse - we'll have to see what the situation is fully to appreciate who is the worst. My money is on Leia still.

Guy friend Sven at very least. But keeping in mind that all his female friends still hang out with his family. Zoey is Katie's gf, Dana, Mon and Gina all hang out with Katie. Scarlet, Helen, Katie and Leia are family. Daphne and Donna appear to be the only significant female characters not in the family or connected through the family.

It's likely he left without phone numbers or couldn't get in contact with anyone after prison. At the start during the talks with Miru and Daphne, they mention couples who are friends, so Willi does have other male friends, but I'm guessing he's learnt to bea bit of a lone wolf since prison.

...Heck, maybe Katie and Zoey are an item because there's a lack of non gang males who aren't betas. I mean Gina and Dana's bf's are made to be pretty lame. Nothing the girls can do to win Emilio. Maybe Willi is set to raise up an army of sons to even up the gender imbalance in Wollust? :sneaky:

Except that clearly isn't true if you buy the spicy burger or smother Katie with Helen's underwear. Willi doesn't take responsibility for what came before, but I think we'll see that redemptive arc become more obvious.

But yeah, Leia. I think I prefer bitchy Leia, because I don't feel the need to explain anything to her. It's not just Katie she trash talks, it seems she doesn't give a damn about anyone - cold blooded like a snake, and toxic. When Willi tells her he was in prison, she doesn't really care about his trauma, forbids him from her work etc. She blames him for her trauma, and she seems to be the obsessive one. Think about the way she calls Willi - he arrives after a couple of days being told Helen had an accident ...the case is already closed in less than a week, everyone's adjusted to Helen not talking already. Leia reached out to Willi when it suited her, for her own specific plans.

I'm actually hazardously optimistic based on how many different scenes Ocean has been rendering and how enthusiatic he is about the cards potential now he has them and has been playing with them. I know it's foolish to hope, but damn it, hope hits me faster than the updates! :sneaky:
Sven didn't seem like a good friend, more like a subordinate acquaintance and they had fond memories. Sven looked up to MC. it was not an equal friendship. the couple you mention, MC seems not to care about the guy being cheated on, so he clearly was friends with the girl, and they are acquaintances more than friends. guys see him as competition as he is too popular with girls. just the story of Reynolds (the guy Miru crushed for trying to break them up) sets this up.
Any girl that stayed in Wollust doesn't matter here, as MC didn't have any contact with them, and he didn't care about learning to behave then. it's only after he left that he really began working on himself, i think.

It might also be that Leia had a tough time tracking MC down and find his number... she didn't know he was sent to prison for years, so she didn't look into his past. she was probably at the end of her wits in trying to fix the situation and reluctantly had to track him down as she knew he was the only hope of a solution. and he migh be the only she could trust, about the accident, even if she still resents him, as clearly he wasn't there, there was no chance he could be an accomplice, and she knew he would actively track down the culprit.

Reactions: yossa999

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Personally i don't really understand the relationship that William has with Leia.. Are they friends???neighbours?Classmates??or Siblings if they are siblings then i get the whole wrong type of thing but other than that they could have a relationship
aren't they supposed to be like twins but the rules of patreons forced the dev to make them adopted siblings ? :D

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I'd take the hit if I was William - I mean, what is Miru going to do if she wins but make him pound her without using up a poundy coupon? Seems to me Willi's willy wins with or without any tactics in that scene. :sneaky:
winning out of principle is important! :D
and don't forget, Miru actually loves that about him too... most likely she only met guys that kept on losing to her, or were submissive to her.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Interesting point I just considered - what if Katie didn't just potentially blackmail Willi, what if she purposefully planted a story that made him leave? I don't know, something like Helen was going to kick him out, or send him to *shudder* the religious cult people to rehab/brainwash him, or sic the police on him for what he did to Mon? We're all assuming it's only one thing that caused him to leave, what if it was a whole bunch of things as Katie tried to punish him with an excessively overblown plan of hers?
I think there was a dialog between the two that made it explicit that she told him she would out "their secret" implying MC and someone else strongly pointing towards Leia.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Sven didn't seem like a good friend, more like a subordinate acquaintance and they had fond memories. Sven looked up to MC. it was not an equal friendship. the couple you mention, MC seems not to care about the guy being cheated on, so he clearly was friends with the girl, and they are acquaintances more than friends. guys see him as competition as he is too popular with girls. just the story of Reynolds (the guy Miru crushed for trying to break them up) sets this up.
Any girl that stayed in Wollust doesn't matter here, as MC didn't have any contact with them, and he didn't care about learning to behave then. it's only after he left that he really began working on himself, i think.

It might also be that Leia had a tough time tracking MC down and find his number... she didn't know he was sent to prison for years, so she didn't look into his past. she was probably at the end of her wits in trying to fix the situation and reluctantly had to track him down as she knew he was the only hope of a solution. and he migh be the only she could trust, about the accident, even if she still resents him, as clearly he wasn't there, there was no chance he could be an accomplice, and she knew he would actively track down the culprit.
As far as good friends, I don't think Leia really allowed anyone to be friends with Willi. I think she monopolised his free time. Willi might also just be a horn dog and not realise he's subconsciously hunting the whole time. But leaving home at a young age will break off all contact; life changes fast in those years, and he missed out on the kinds of friendships that solidify as you mature into an adult. Half of his banter feeling out of place is simply he doesn't know Kat, Zoey, Mon, Katie, Leia, Gina or Dana as adults. His first reaction to Dana is to draw their younger frame of reference into being with the Jabba comment. He doesn't know these girls well - he used to. So he's half plying them with the attitudes of a teenager, because that's all he remembers - that's maybe where some of the asshole/insensitive comments come from. His interactions with Daphne seem much more balanced, while Miru's baby talk is cringe worthy but incredibly believable from a bunch of dovey morons who are oversexed :sneaky:

Leia had his number stored as 'WZ' in her phone, and he is an author of erotic novels - so chances are she being obsessive stalked him down long ago and chose when to call. Willi wasn't hiding, so much as he left. I think Leia other than being obsessive was also rather bitter that he left, so she didn't want to be the first to call and appear weak. Pure conjecture from me, but there's nothing certain other than Helen's accident seems far earlier than when Leia called, as the investigation wouldn't be closed so quickly and no one would've adapted that quickly.

aren't they supposed to be like twins but the rules of patreons forced the dev to make them adopted siblings ? :D
I think it's easiest for people to make their own minds up what is intended at this point. All 'm going to consider now is there is an official release with all the relevance it needs :)

I think there was a dialog between the two that made it explicit that she told him she would out "their secret" implying MC and someone else strongly pointing towards Leia.
Oh yeah, 100%. But that doesn't mean it's the whole story. The context and the details are unknown. It might indeed be straight forward, but given what WIlli said about Katie and her most fucked up plans to annihilate people (some of which is projection I know), chances are she expanded on the threat. How she made a childhood infatuation such a problem (I can almost guarantee there will be no flashback content of lewds - pre rework, Willi'd never done anything with Leia, and Katie even brags Willi tasted her before he has gotten to Leia.

winning out of principle is important! :D
and don't forget, Miru actually loves that about him too... most likely she only met guys that kept on losing to her, or were submissive to her.
Winning while the spider then owns their apartment is actually losing to the entire spiderdom. The VN could've taken a steep dive - instead of Leia, it's Sigorney Weaver telling them to get out, they only come at night.... Miru gets pregant with a spiderchestburster :alien:

Actually, maybe Ocean did think like this and it was the inspiration for the tabletop scene in SG :sneaky:

Reactions: yossa999 and HiP1
Apr 30, 2023

the " clearly he wasn't there, there was no chance he could be an accomplice " is not true entirely He was not but generally speaking just because he was living away from their hometown does not mean he could not have someone else do it...William will be a person that would try to find out what happened but the one who investigates the accident is the one woman William did the most damage... Monica ,and i don't think that Leia does not know that Monica despices him

• Angry
Reactions: Maviarab

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Wait wait now I'm confused. I've never played old WiAB and only played this reworked version once so I'm far from knowledgeable when it comes to this game but wasn't Katie waaaaaay too young to have any Machiavellian plan to cause his brother to leave? From what I understood she just wanted them both to stop bullying her and shutting her out. So she did what any kid would do, she threatened to expose Willi and Leia's secret if they didn't treat her better.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
eia had his number stored as 'WZ' in her phone, and he is an author of erotic novels - so chances are she being obsessive stalked him down long ago and chose when to call. Willi wasn't hiding, so much as he left. I think Leia other than being obsessive was also rather bitter that he left, so she didn't want to be the first to call and appear weak. Pure conjecture from me, but there's nothing certain other than Helen's accident seems far earlier than when Leia called, as the investigation wouldn't be closed so quickly and no one would've adapted that quickly.
(y) (y) (y) (y)

Yougiblack

Sep 30, 2018
Multiply by two, bro, cause he releases it by half-chapters, next release gonna be chapter 3.5.
So stay healthy and exercise your body if you want to see the conclusion of this story!
And don't forget the broccoli!
Yeah you're right it goes half by half. So then we're seeing seriously speaking at this rate, Wiab IF itll be in development till conclusion, it may seriously take around a decade, specially he keeps working solo without a team. Well taking into fact I am graduating software engineering in couple of months, I believe when I reach a team lead this should be done ?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Wait wait now I'm confused. I've never played old WiAB and only played this reworked version once so I'm far from knowledgeable when it comes to this game but wasn't Katie waaaaaay too young to have any Machiavellian plan to cause his brother to leave? From what I understood she just wanted them both to stop bullying her and shutting her out. So she did what any kid would do, she threatened to expose Willi and Leia's secret if they didn't treat her better.
She might have been too young, but then so were Willi and Leia - remember that anorexic flashback to Leia in hospital? She's the same age roughly as the flashback at the end of Ch3 where she decides it's their anniversary. Will also didn't remember Leia having breasts - it was one of the things he noticed - which also suggests they never did anything physically. In the pre-rework, the date when you have dinner with Leia leads to the first time you're intimate with her, which you discover she's built a shrine to your memory in her apartment, keeping all kinds of mementos from more innocent days.

All of that in mind - Willi's memories of Katie were all from when she was young herself. When he says she was capable of the most fucked up plans, that is her as a child - he never saw any of them as an adult.

So if he never saw Leia with breasts, he did Mon and left pretty young. Leia might've been a late bloomer, but based on Helen's genes, I'd say he left pretty young.

Reactions: RNasc4444 and HiP1

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
which you discover she's built a shrine to your memory in her apartment, keeping all kinds of mementos from more innocent days.
But she isn't possessive or obsessive...at all..in the slightest...nu huh..nope...never.... :ROFLMAO:
So if he never saw Leia with breasts, he did Mon and left pretty young. Leia might've been a late bloomer, but based on Helen's genes, I'd say he left pretty young.
He says he was 16.

Reactions: HiP1 and BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
But she isn't possessive or obsessive...at all..in the slightest...nu huh..nope...never.... :ROFLMAO:

He says he was 16.
Which means Leia was also 16, and then a late bloomer I guess.

It's also interesting to consider Monica and Dana are the same age as Willi and Leia (because of knowing them from highschool), while Kat, Zoey and Katie are the younger ones (don't know where Gina fits in age-wise), but keeping up friendships with the older crew. Seeing both Mon and Dana were Willi's friends (in the old version Leia saw Dana as a rival and so lied to her to push her away from Willi), it's interesting to see that Katie kept the connection with them.

Reactions: KiryuKazuma095

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Which means Leia was also 16, and then a late bloomer I guess.

It's also interesting to consider Monica and Dana are the same age as Willi and Leia (because of knowing them from highschool), while Kat, Zoey and Katie are the younger ones (don't know where Gina fits in age-wise), but keeping up friendships with the older crew. Seeing both Mon and Dana were Willi's friends (in the old version Leia saw Dana as a rival and so lied to her to push her away from Willi), it's interesting to see that Katie kept the connection with them.
YEah it's interesting pieceing together what happened and timelines.

I feel everything we are seeing now that we didn't before...just wasn't shown before...but was there in the background, Ocean just never either thought was important or his lack of experience got him sidetracked with all the other stuff.

He's just now expanding the overall 'what we see' and all the little things he never showed or introduced previously. Your previous post I liked...Helen's accident was definitely some time before Leia bothered calling for sure...

As to what happened with them...why...who was threatening who and with what...I guess it will come out eventually. I also like the new little changes, as you say, Donna, Dana...I think they work far better. However, in the old version, was maybe Donna being used by the Krayts? Is she still working for them perhaps? I dunno...maybe it's time to finally let go of the old version and forget it existed, stop trying to compare and move on with the new vision.

I think we can all agree though...old or new...Leia is a possessive, jealous bith and is probably the likely root cause of most of the issues surrounding the MC, others and Helen. I like her as a 'character'...she is interesting, complex, has depth...but unsure if could ever see her as a LI again....she even worse now than she was heh.

I just hope Willi beings Daphne back with him...even if that will piss of Miru,...and hey...who knows, that migyt be the start of any cheating route...*shrugs*....

It's an amazing universe Ocean has created and fuck the haters, if it's never finished then so be it, I'm just happy being along for the ride while it's going.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes