4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
You realize that 'read' only means you absolutely could download things, as merely reading a page downloads it to your computer. And also, watch out for low flying aircraft.
Not that it matters, 'cause "duh"*, but I think they meant it would mean no new stuff would be added to the site, so the next update wouldn't be uploaded if it was after the change.

*Yea, yea, I was tired when I got home from work yesterday ...

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
What's up with wiab's patreon guys? Im really confused about that, the site isnt even under investigation, its completly removed.

Im confused because i cant see any reason? There is no non-con, rape, loli or anything like that and no incest (yet), what could have led to the avn being banned?

Cant be related to his discord (happened to a few other devs) or the sg page would be gone too, any clues?

Schattenlust

Formerly 'Veroxis'
Sep 3, 2018
What's up with wiab's patreon guys? Im really confused about that, the site isnt even under investigation, its completly removed.

Im confused because i cant see any reason? There is no non-con, rape, loli or anything like that and no incest (yet), what could have led to the avn being banned?

Cant be related to his discord (happened to a few other devs) or the sg page would be gone too, any clues?
99.9% sure that this is not an april fools.

Patreon has been purging any games with incest over the past few months, as they clearly violate the Patreon terms & conditions. WiAB was always at risk of this too, because incest is heavly implied in the game and was a big part of the OG-WiAB. Ocean is prepared for this and has made some hints regarding Patreon possibly purging his WiAB-Account.
Last Bibi-News:

Regarding WiAB

I'm aware there wasn't a Dev Log and the reason isn't the Steam release or that I'm too busy but something else. I can't get into it right now for some very good reasons, but I will be able to tell you guys everything in around 2 weeks.

You'll understand after I'll tell you.

You don't need to worry about WiAB. It's still in development, and that won't change... No matter what happens... or has happened.

WiAB will go on Steam & GOG with the next update. (One update earlier than expected.)

We also updated the rules. Please take a look at them.

There's also a section for other game developers.

This was posted exactly 2 weeks ago. We will probably get an update tomorrow on his Discord or with the Dev log. Also Summer's Gone Full Remake/Steam Realease should be released any day now, unless Steam takes longer than expected.

Very sad how it all turned out but it was to be expected - Ocean knew the risk.
I'm sure he has a very good plan on how to tackle this situation.

Those Patreon-rules regarding Incest are also the reason why in the Summer's Gone Remake of Chapter 1-3 Ocean has removed any hints at Nami & Nika (MC) being siblings or in some other way related. Many theories include some of the SG-characters to be related but looking at what is happening to WiAB right now, I don't see Ocean taking that risk again.
I am curious how the story will play out regarding this.

Zeniks1895

Jul 30, 2021
The page is not under investigation, just deleted. That probably means he decided to delete it himself. Patreon doesn't seem to be deleting pages but just pausing them until the developer starts fulfilling their platform requirements or has something changed? This is all very strange.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
99.9% sure that this is not an april fools.

Patreon has been purging any games with incest over the past few months, as they clearly violate the Patreon terms & conditions. WiAB was always at risk of this too, because incest is heavly implied in the game and was a big part of the OG-WiAB. Ocean is prepared for this and has made some hints regarding Patreon possibly purging his WiAB-Account.
Last Bibi-News:

Regarding WiAB

I'm aware there wasn't a Dev Log and the reason isn't the Steam release or that I'm too busy but something else. I can't get into it right now for some very good reasons, but I will be able to tell you guys everything in around 2 weeks.

You'll understand after I'll tell you.

You don't need to worry about WiAB. It's still in development, and that won't change... No matter what happens... or has happened.

WiAB will go on Steam & GOG with the next update. (One update earlier than expected.)

We also updated the rules. Please take a look at them.

There's also a section for other game developers.

This was posted exactly 2 weeks ago. We will probably get an update tomorrow on his Discord or with the Dev log. Also Summer's Gone Full Remake/Steam Realease should be released any day now, unless Steam takes longer than expected.

Very sad how it all turned out but it was to be expected - Ocean knew the risk.
I'm sure he has a very good plan on how to tackle this situation.

Those Patreon-rules regarding Incest are also the reason why in the Summer's Gone Remake of Chapter 1-3 Ocean has removed any hints at Nami & Nika (MC) being siblings or in some other way related. Many theories include some of the SG-characters to be related but looking at what is happening to WiAB right now, I don't see Ocean taking that risk again.
I am curious how the story will play out regarding this.

Of course it’s not a joke, the site is completely removed. And I can see why it would have been at the risk of a ban in the future because of the possible incest.

But at this point in the story there is no incest shown at all, no lewds and not even a kiss .. so how can it be banned for that reason?

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
The page is not under investigation, just deleted. That probably means he decided to delete it himself. Patreon doesn't seem to be deleting pages but just pausing them until the developer starts fulfilling their platform requirements or has something changed? This is all very strange.
Deleted is worse than under Investigation (the dev can still argue/change things to get it back). Removed is final as far as I know.

The same happened to Summer Scent too (immediate removal).

While other avns like my bully is my lover were under investigation and able to get their account back

Reactions: SlidingBadger

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Patreon do just delete/remove pages without warning if they feel like it.

Zeniks1895

Jul 30, 2021
Well, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realise they'd become so aggressive. But again, as the users above pointed out, this makes no sense. There is no loli, rape or even incest in the game (even with that patch from an unknown modder). What could be the cause? I guess we'll have to wait for Ocean to explain.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
he could also be merging both accounts into one page.
The money of the people subbed to wiab on patreon is just lost for him and the patreons so i seriously doubt that. And i imagine the SG page would have already renamed (into SG/Wiab or whatever) and a slow transition of subs from the wiab to the "both avns" sub would have need to be planned ...

I mean ... maybe he just said fuck it but i doubt it very much lol

John972

Apr 24, 2018
He is probably just gonna open a SS account for WIAB
To be honest, Ocean played with fire and got burned.

He had a choice when he remade WIAB:

1. Keep certain themes (even if only implied), keep his Patreon base happy, but risk eventually falling afoul with Patreon (i.e. like putting your John Thomas in a sleeping alligators mouth and betting you won't get bit)

2. Remove certain themes completely (I think he could have done this without too much issue), piss off a bunch of supporters, but protect his Patreon revenue stream.

Don't for a moment kid yourself that Steam or SS are safe. Play with fire/push the boundaries and a third-party can pull the plug at any time and without warning.

Reactions: vi_surzhikov

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
But at this point in the story there is no incest shown at all, no lewds and not even a kiss .. so how can it be banned for that reason?
The appearance of minors, underage characters - even if it's not possible to interact with them.
Corrupted Kingdoms got - according to the dev - the axe for exactly this reason.

I don't know this game, but some previews are looknig hard borderline

Maga Lono has removed all toddlers from his game Simple Days.

And take the risk that the SG page got removed as well? Ocean can be lucky that only WIAB got the one way ticket to hell, it's way less popular than SG.
If we take a honest look back it was the right decision from Ocean to keep the patreon pages from SG and WIAB separated.

The money of the people subbed to wiab on patreon is just lost for him and the patreons so i seriously doubt that.
No, for Ocean yes, but not for the patrons. According to the discord the patreons got a refund.

Patreon is not stupid enough to withhold subscribers money. If they were to seriously pull a stunt like that, Patreon would drown in a flood of lawsuits - especially in the USA. Let's be honest, no matter how questionable the contend of any removed dev is, that would simply be a scam from which one could certainly not even get out with a reference to the declaration of consent of the ToS...

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
The appearance of minors, underage characters - even if it's not possible to interact with them.
Corrupted Kingdoms got - according to the dev - the axe for exactly this reason.

I don't know this game, but some previews are looknig hard borderline

Maga Lono has removed all toddlers from his game Simple Days.
At least according to the devs of Race of Life its fine to have minors in the story as long as they arent sexualized and dont appear or are nearby in any lewd scenes which sounds very reasonable. Apparently patreon confirmed them that having Lily (the child of their mc) in the story is fine as long as it isnt related to the sexual content.

I didnt played it but i did read that in Corrupted Kingdoms the supposedly minor carachter was around in a lewd scene (sleeping or something i think?) which was the/a reason for the ban.

No, for Ocean yes, but not for the patrons. According to the discord the patreons got a refund.

Patreon is not stupid enough to withhold subscribers money. If they were to seriously pull a stunt like that, Patreon would drown in a flood of lawsuits - especially in the USA. Let's be honest, no matter how questionable the contend of any removed dev is, that would simply be a scam from which one could certainly not even get out with a reference to the declaration of consent of the ToS...
I didnt knew that but i did read a lot of critics from supposed patreons of other banned devs in the past about not getting their money back. Cant confirm anything myself, the devs im subbed to didnt got axed so far.

xtraax

Mar 9, 2020
My thoughts exactly, with the release of SG on Steam, more people are likely to come and support on Patreon as well. Maybe having only one account is easier for newcomers, less confusion. But it could also be a legal issue. I guess we'll have to wait for the next dev log which should be coming out soon, as Ocean hinted about what could happen to Wiab in the last one, and I think this is it.

And yes, Patrons got a refund (I got mine).

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Well, lets face it, any DEV who want a safe environment should avoid patreon in the future... there are other platforms, more than enough.

Patreon has changed their rules incedibly fast these days and is acting unpredictable. And its not even sure how they will react to some games... i mean, there are still games on patreon that are CLEARLY incest games for example, with no way around it and they are still on, biggest of them, summertime saga. Well... why is it still on? Because of the income, patreon is getting a lot out of that game... WiaB didnt have that much support, enough to get by for ocean... but not enough to prevent a action from patreon.

Patreon isnt even chasing only incest or some other "grey zones"... no they are kinda deleting adult content one by one. Dont know what they are thinking but if they continue like this, they will lose a lot of income and subscribestar and others will get bigger and bigger.

Its a struggle for the DEVs to get their project moving onto another platform, but every DEV should consider to move their stuff away from patreon sooner or later. Its obvious that nothing is safe there and that the patreon rules are not really followed either... they have their doublestandards. If you are big enough like the DEVs Summertime Saga you can make anything you want, with not even hidden incest too. Others are just removed... now it happended to ocean (by far not the only one, there are tons of games and DEVs that were removed in the last months)

Hopefully ocean has tackled that beforehand and the subscribestar page is growing enough to get by.

Most important thing now is the Steam and GOG Release of both his games... many AVNs got on steam recently but not that many were a success... i really hope Ocean can have enough success to keep things going, well not going, to move FURTHER. He needs to get things done faster than in the past i would say... with the rwork thing out of the way, new hardware, the GOG and steam release, things should run smoother now... or better said, the MUST run smoother now.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
To be honest, Ocean played with fire and got burned.

He had a choice when he remade WIAB:

1. Keep certain themes (even if only implied), keep his Patreon base happy, but risk eventually falling afoul with Patreon (i.e. like putting your John Thomas in a sleeping alligators mouth and betting you won't get bit)

2. Remove certain themes completely (I think he could have done this without too much issue), piss off a bunch of supporters, but protect his Patreon revenue stream.

Don't for a moment kid yourself that Steam or SS are safe. Play with fire/push the boundaries and a third-party can pull the plug at any time and without warning.
Steam don't care about incest...and as for Patreon supporters, WIAB has always had much less since Ocean took over SG and started the rework, so that's probably not the end of the world to him given it will be on Steam in the next few months itself.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Steam don't care about incest...and as for Patreon supporters, WIAB has always had much less since Ocean took over SG and started the rework, so that's probably not the end of the world to him given it will be on Steam in the next few months itself.
Patreon didn't care as much at one stage either. Just because Steam may be "friendly" now, doesn't mean it will remain so in the future, especially if cc companies/processors choose to apply pressure.

The (valid) point I'm making is that Ocean risks losing his revenue streams to forces outside of his control. I don't want to see that happen.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes