4.30 star(s) 183 Votes

LewdLife

Jan 31, 2021
When is the next update coming? (yes i am blind(not literally) and i need proper confirmation)
Next year ending, if you want good amount of content

For now forget about
-When summer's gonna be back from getting milk (she won't be appearing, she "went" to get milk, then milk got her)
-when thing's gonna end (cause nothing started, nothing began from nowhere, they're all in their meet-up-party stage, they're yet to "began")

With repeated reworks, delays, upgrades and shiftings (yes the dev literally shifts his workspace like every 6 months which further adds to delay, and then starts searching for McDonalds WiFi to upload the recent update which delays things even more) it's better to look for (play/ enjoy) 2 major updates after 3 - 4 years.

If you can't wait atleast that much you'll just suffer, so try to forget about this game rather looking up for updates.

Keeping everything in mind, it's safe to say to wait for a decade if you want the complete finished game(s) {both "summer's return" and "how it ends"}, because I believe the dev is also a good writer and not just a good artist, so he will probably elaborate the story with further 5 more updates, hoping a total of 7 major updates to finish this game. (How can I say all this? I have been following the game updates for last 3 years, hence I know, dev is good but slow, I don't have any official information from dev)

I don't know why you're blind, but better forget about Ocean and Ocean's games for the time being, otherwise get trolled by the bots for enquiring about next updates, as at present there's no update.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Next year ending, if you want good amount of content

For now forget about
-When summer's gonna be back from getting milk (she won't be appearing, she "went" to get milk, then milk got her)
-when thing's gonna end (cause nothing started, nothing began from nowhere, they're all in their meet-up-party stage, they're yet to "began")

With repeated reworks, delays, upgrades and shiftings (yes the dev literally shifts his workspace like every 6 months which further adds to delay, and then starts searching for McDonalds WiFi to upload the recent update which delays things even more) it's better to look for (play/ enjoy) 2 major updates after 3 - 4 years.

If you can't wait atleast that much you'll just suffer, so try to forget about this game rather looking up for updates.

Keeping everything in mind, it's safe to say to wait for a decade if you want the complete finished game(s) {both "summer's return" and "how it ends"}, because I believe the dev is also a good writer and not just a good artist, so he will probably elaborate the story with further 5 more updates, hoping a total of 7 major updates to finish this game. (How can I say all this? I have been following the game updates for last 3 years, hence I know, dev is good but slow, I don't have any official information from dev)

I don't know why you're blind, but better forget about Ocean and Ocean's games for the time being, otherwise get trolled by the bots for enquiring about next updates, as at present there's no update.
Both WiaB and SG are planned to be around 30 chapters each. So that means (if Ocean keeps doing half chapter updates of ~2000 renders) there will be 54 major updates for SG (32 chapters iirc) and 50 for WiaB (28 chapters iirc). I personally think Ocean will drop the updates to be whole chapters now that he got past the rework slump SG presented, and his need to release WiaB on steam as soon as practical (Ocean said the next update, I can't impagine he'll do a half chapter update for a steam release).

Oct 10, 2022
No, it won't. But then, I guess your the voice of expertise and experience on these matters huh?

I also don't think it will be abandoned but I must admit it has all the abandonment indications. It got reworked, dev works 2 games at the same time which makes his work time limited, story is too complicated to get lost in it, no ending in sight, too long time passed since the beginning but no clear movement at the story, long development time etc. So it's not looking bright. Though I have a strange trust in dev. I feel like he has everything under control and move within a plan. We'll see what will happen I guess but my view is still on the positive side. :unsure:

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I also don't think it will be abandoned but I must admit it has all the abandonment indications. It got reworked, dev works 2 games at the same time which makes his work time limited, story is too complicated to get lost in it, no ending in sight, too long time passed since the beginning but no clear movement at the story, long development time etc. So it's not looking bright. Though I have a strange trust in dev. I feel like he has everything under control and move within a plan. We'll see what will happen I guess but I view is still on the positive side. :unsure:
And I know developers who work full time at their main jobs and make AVNs in their spare time. And their games are far from abandoned, they're actually on Steam. So limited work time isn't a big issue (ofc it's issue for the players cause they have to wait longer) if the developer is serious about making the game complete. :)

Oct 10, 2022
And I know developers who work full time at their main jobs and make AVNs in their spare time. And their games are far from abandoned, they're actually on Steam. So limited work time isn't a big issue (ofc it's issue for the players cause they have to wait longer) if the developer is serious about making the game complete. :)
Like I said I trust in Oceanlab and probably you ended the discussion by saying it's related to dev's seriousness. (y)

Has an update this year in spite of 2 games
gets addressed in dev logs
is the game the dev made not inherited

Yep those are all hallmark signs

you are correct
( :FacePalm: )
Could you kindly add update intervals in your facepalm? ;)

Hint:This thread created in 2018 and the other one 2019.:whistle:

Like I said I don't think it will get abandoned but there are some signs that can be interpreted as such, denying them don't change that they are there. :rolleyes:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Like I said I trust in Oceanlab and probably you ended the discussion by saying it's related to dev's seriousness. (y)

Could you kindly add update intervals in your facepalm? ;)

Hint:This thread created in 2018 and the other one 2019.:whistle:

Like I said I don't think it will get abandoned but there are some signs that can be interpreted as such, denying them don't change that they are there. :rolleyes:
My simple take: until it's abandoned, I eagerly await updates. The sky is not falling today, and what happens tomorrow can't ruin today unless I'm over thinking it. There's a symbiosis between support and development, and I'm not talking about money. If no one in the world liked WiaB, Ocean would face an uphill battle. Add everyone continually predicting it'll be abandoned - what do you think that does to a dev's desire to grind away at rendering an update? If I'm not paying devs whose work I enjoy, the least I can do is pay them with good attention.

There was that dev in Turkey who lost all their assets in an earthquake, so even with the best intent, games can fail, because it's life. The world is hard enough without imagining what can fail, it's not being wise, just cynical.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Wonder how katie and helen will react about William's reason for being away from home
I mean, was not Katie the reason that he run away ? at least her blackmailing.

Helen is a good one tho, in the old version Dylan knew of the proximity between William and Leia but I dont think that Helen did. But I dont think she would care too much, the Zanes are a weird buch.

4.30 star(s) 183 Votes