4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
Meanwhile, I'm all about seeing what develops with Katie. OG Katie was better, but this one isn't so bad, either.
yeah but by this time in updates the og had ntr within so i dont know .....i feel like some devs are dreaming too mich or are in some hvy shit ,........being perfeccionist is good when you dont need to share your work to others who are being paying for it......

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I mean, was not Katie the reason that he run away ? at least her blackmailing.

Helen is a good one tho, in the old version Dylan knew of the proximity between William and Leia but I dont think that Helen did. But I dont think she would care too much, the Zanes are a weird buch.
I'm also intrigued by the guns thing. Willi mentions:

kat "Dad's in prison."
scene ad398 with dssa
d "They found his weapons stash?"
scene ad399 with dssa
kat "What weapons stash?"
d "...Nevermind."

Given how strict Helen is about guns, and Willi mentioning that what he did to the boys teasing Gina wasn't exactly legal, I'm guessing there's quite a history of pushing boundaries. Which makes the reason Willi left even more confusing. In the old WiaB, Leia was still a virgin until CH 6 from memory, so it'd be pretty hard to imagine someone being blackmailed over a kiss, when Willi's already creampied Monica with no consequences.

I guess again, they're making judgments from the perspective of their age - it's the importance they ascribe to an event, not how objectively significant the event is.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Hello,

It's been a while since the last WiAB Dev Log. Those who follow the news on Discord, etc. know it's been a little rough the past months... A lot of uncertainty.

But we're back to the Bi-weekly Dev Log schedule.

The next 1 to 3 Dev logs will be publicly available, and afterward, they will be behind the lowest tier as usual.

I've mentioned before that WIAB will be available on Steam with the next update, and I will create the Steam page for it as soon as SG S1 is released.

I was a little unsure if I shouldn't still wait one more update after the next to put it on Steam. As I'd like to give people more content and was unsure if there was enough content already.

At first, I preferred the approach of creating two updates, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that developing two updates with a total of 4000+ still images while WiAB's support is below a minijob salary in Germany isn't feasible.

It would take months to create the second update, and meanwhile, WIAB could already be sustained by the Steam/GOG support.

WiAB needs to get back on its foot. The upcoming update it is.

I know this reads like a monologue. That's because the first version draft was me asking what you guys think about it. (Including a poll.)

I will still include a poll to see what you guys think, but it won't be binding. But still, I'm interested in your thoughts.

WiAB would be in early access. This means that the rest of the Season 1's Chapters would be included in the Steam release for no extra charge.

Let's get to the actual info about the next update.

The upcoming update is the biggest Update WiAB has had yet, I'd estimate around 2500-2800 renders. But we all know my render estimations are always lowballing it.

I finished another scene the other day, and I've signed 8 songs for SG and WiAB. While I won't be able to buy any WiAB specific music for a while, I always try to sign music for both games at the same time.

Until then, I will make use of copyright-free music.

The kind of girl to put milk in first.

WiAB will be licking its wounds for a while, but I believe that after its Steam release, it will be stronger than ever.

I'll see you in two weeks.

-Ocean

Katie-Matey.png
Katie-Matey1.png

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I'm also intrigued by the guns thing. Willi mentions:

kat "Dad's in prison."
scene ad398 with dssa
d "They found his weapons stash?"
scene ad399 with dssa
kat "What weapons stash?"
d "...Nevermind."

Given how strict Helen is about guns, and Willi mentioning that what he did to the boys teasing Gina wasn't exactly legal, I'm guessing there's quite a history of pushing boundaries. Which makes the reason Willi left even more confusing. In the old WiaB, Leia was still a virgin until CH 6 from memory, so it'd be pretty hard to imagine someone being blackmailed over a kiss, when Willi's already creampied Monica with no consequences.

I guess again, they're making judgments from the perspective of their age - it's the importance they ascribe to an event, not how objectively significant the event is.
I taked the gun thing as " we don't talk brunisses over the breakfast table", as more Helen wanting a resemble of normalcy than a aversion to a gun or violence, Helen seems in the loop of the criminal activities of her family and if was something that she truly despised, Scarlett would not be as close as she is.

I like the ideia that William over reacted because he was young and stupid, but William at least was not a virgin anymore and Leia did not lose her with him so I don't think that the blackmailing was over their relationship exactly, at least not sex between the two, maybe Leia and William pushed a little too far their "pranks", Katie caught wind of it and blackmailed William or both over it. About the Mon incident, I get the impression that William fled not long after the Kat birthday, at least I don't have recollection of him being aware of the extension of Leia's bulling so maybe the lack of consequences for him was just that he no longer was there to suffer them

Reactions: N1ghtcrawler

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I taked the gun thing as " we don't talk brunisses over the breakfast table", as more Helen wanting a resemble of normalcy than a aversion to a gun or violence, Helen seems in the loop of the criminal activities of her family and if was something that she truly despised, Scarlett would not be as close as she is.

I like the ideia that William over reacted because he was young and stupid, but William at least was not a virgin anymore and Leia did not lose her with him so I don't think that the blackmailing was over their relationship exactly, at least not sex between the two, maybe Leia and William pushed a little too far their "pranks", Katie caught wind of it and blackmailed William or both over it. About the Mon incident, I get the impression that William fled not long after the Kat birthday, at least I don't have recollection of him being aware of the extension of Leia's bulling so maybe the lack of consequences for him was just that he no longer was there to suffer them
I agree, that's why I'm curious as to what Katie threatened him with:

k "You piece of shit left because a little girl threatened to spill some hot beans."
scene af593 with vpunch
k "Pussy!"
scene af594 with dssa
d "Pussy? You piece of shit didn't give any fucks of what would've happened!"
scene af593 with dssa
k "Oh please. So what if I had told them?"
scene af594 with dssa
d "That's not what I'm talking about!"
scene af595 with dssa
k "Well, you must be dumber than I thought if you actually thought I'd tell her."

Rethinking this, it makes me think that Willi thought Katie was going to spill the beans to Dylan and Helen (them) and Leia (her). So whatever it is, is something that would affect Leia's impression of Willi, and we know that Mon being creampied wasn't a secret... so.... I got nothing. I literally can't imagine what Willi's hiding that was secret from Dylan, Helen and Leia.

Reactions: N1ghtcrawler

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I agree, that's why I'm curious as to what Katie threatened him with:

k "You piece of shit left because a little girl threatened to spill some hot beans."
scene af593 with vpunch
k "Pussy!"
scene af594 with dssa
d "Pussy? You piece of shit didn't give any fucks of what would've happened!"
scene af593 with dssa
k "Oh please. So what if I had told them?"
scene af594 with dssa
d "That's not what I'm talking about!"
scene af595 with dssa
k "Well, you must be dumber than I thought if you actually thought I'd tell her."

Rethinking this, it makes me think that Willi thought Katie was going to spill the beans to Dylan and Helen (them) and Leia (her). So whatever it is, is something that would affect Leia's impression of Willi, and we know that Mon being creampied wasn't a secret... so.... I got nothing. I literally can't imagine what Willi's hiding that was secret from Dylan, Helen and Leia.
I remember that I brought up this discussion some time ago, believe with you. all depends on who "her" is, and we dont have any way of knowing that at the moment.

Personally I dont think it was refereing to Leia, but is a nice musing. Maybe something that he did with Katie ? can see Leia losing her shit if Katie get to William frist.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I remember that I brought up this discussion some time ago, believe with you. all depends on who "her" is, and we dont have any way of knowing that at the moment.

Personally I dont think it was refereing to Leia, but is a nice musing. Maybe something that he did with Katie ? can see Leia losing her shit if Katie get to William frist.
The her vs them is pretty distinct, the context is about tearing the family apart, and Willi only really cares what family think of him, so I think it's most likely Leia - and that means something she'd not like at all.

In the old version, Katie being first was a thing, if you chose certain paths on the camping trip. Katie freaks out a bit because she gets to you first. Not sure if it'll play out the same way now.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

Hello,

It's been a while since the last WiAB Dev Log. Those who follow the news on Discord, etc. know it's been a little rough the past months... A lot of uncertainty.

But we're back to the Bi-weekly Dev Log schedule.

The next 1 to 3 Dev logs will be publicly available, and afterward, they will be behind the lowest tier as usual.

I've mentioned before that WIAB will be available on Steam with the next update, and I will create the Steam page for it as soon as SG S1 is released.

I was a little unsure if I shouldn't still wait one more update after the next to put it on Steam. As I'd like to give people more content and was unsure if there was enough content already.

At first, I preferred the approach of creating two updates, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that developing two updates with a total of 4000+ still images while WiAB's support is below a minijob salary in Germany isn't feasible.

It would take months to create the second update, and meanwhile, WIAB could already be sustained by the Steam/GOG support.

WiAB needs to get back on its foot. The upcoming update it is.

I know this reads like a monologue. That's because the first version draft was me asking what you guys think about it. (Including a poll.)

I will still include a poll to see what you guys think, but it won't be binding. But still, I'm interested in your thoughts.

WiAB would be in early access. This means that the rest of the Season 1's Chapters would be included in the Steam release for no extra charge.

Let's get to the actual info about the next update.

The upcoming update is the biggest Update WiAB has had yet, I'd estimate around 2500-2800 renders. But we all know my render estimations are always lowballing it.

I finished another scene the other day, and I've signed 8 songs for SG and WiAB. While I won't be able to buy any WiAB specific music for a while, I always try to sign music for both games at the same time.

Until then, I will make use of copyright-free music.

The kind of girl to put milk in first.

WiAB will be licking its wounds for a while, but I believe that after its Steam release, it will be stronger than ever.

I'll see you in two weeks.

-Ocean

View attachment 3572130
View attachment 3572132
Goddess Katie, come to thee so I shall paint thy womb with thy seed.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
By the way, it looks like the relationship between Katie and Zoy won’t last long. In the last chapter there was a small hint that the *opening* of the relationship was Zoye’s initiative, and Katie was't cool with it. Opening relationships with pushing rarely end well.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Rethinking this, it makes me think that Willi thought Katie was going to spill the beans to Dylan and Helen (them) and Leia (her). So whatever it is, is something that would affect Leia's impression of Willi, and we know that Mon being creampied wasn't a secret... so.... I got nothing.
In my head canon, was the "her" Katie talked about, aimed into the direction of the grandma. It's a while back since I played the scene, but as far as I remember, is the grandma described as a batshit crazy religious fanatic.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
In my head canon, was the "her" Katie talked about, aimed into the direction of the grandma. It's a while back since I played the scene, but as far as I remember, is the grandma described as a batshit crazy religious fanatic.
Entirely possible, but I'm not sure Willi would care about her opinion, based on the way he talked about the grandma, while we know 100% her cares a lot what Dylan, Helen and Leia think.

Most importantly, Ocean's done really well at hiding the source of the drama, as much as he's hidden the cause of Helen's inability to speak. The hope is that when we discover what set everything off, that it'll be significant enough for all the mystery that has built up, and that it's not a letdown.

It would be very Oedipus Rex style to have Willi uncover that what he did that caused him to leave ultimately was the cause of Helen's problems and led to the rise of the gangs. That's probably too epic, but I'd like to think that the stakes are high, even for a childhood prank gone wrong or whatever it was. Both SG and WiaB seem to have the concept of people paing for the consequences of choices they weren't mature enough to comprehend or foresee.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Entirely possible, but I'm not sure Willi would care about her opinion, based on the way he talked about the grandma, while we know 100% her cares a lot what Dylan, Helen and Leia think.

Most importantly, Ocean's done really well at hiding the source of the drama, as much as he's hidden the cause of Helen's inability to speak. The hope is that when we discover what set everything off, that it'll be significant enough for all the mystery that has built up, and that it's not a letdown.

It would be very Oedipus Rex style to have Willi uncover that what he did that caused him to leave ultimately was the cause of Helen's problems and led to the rise of the gangs. That's probably too epic, but I'd like to think that the stakes are high, even for a childhood prank gone wrong or whatever it was. Both SG and WiaB seem to have the concept of people paing for the consequences of choices they weren't mature enough to comprehend or foresee.
And in my opinion, this mystical Asavera can fit terribly into both the past and the present with the whole idea of revenge, betrayal, and the fact that William, through his actions, could have created the Princess and Asavera.
Going back in time. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that William himself made sure that Katie found out about his relationship with Leia. Let's just say that Leia is not the kind of person you can just break up with. Therefore,the *perfect* plan is outlined. Katie finds out, tells his parents, an explosion occurs, William is *forced* to freeze his relationship with Leia. However, Katie did not tell, and also accidentally found out about the third party.
Back to the present. Leia still doesn’t know the truth. However, uhhhh, even just friendship/business, not to mention a possible relationship with Asavera, is the highest form of betrayal. Even if the theory about the past with Asavera is incorrect, the present can provide many interesting and dangerous events.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes