4.30 star(s) 188 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
pretending otherwise is dishonest.
So is being disingenuous with one's wording (he knew it was, you knew it was and I know it was). After all, five years and one day...is also, the better part of a decade is not? Widly innacurate term to use though would you not agree?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Don't really care but he used the term "Better part of a decade" correctly. i.e. emphasized that most of a period of time was spent doing something as per Cambridge definition.

Just another way of saying progress continues to be glacial- pretending otherwise is dishonest.
Also, ignoring the fact it was rebooted from basically scratch less than 5 years ago is dishonest as to the dev time on the current game. So time is arbitrary (much like Ocean's timelines within the plot :sneaky:)

dlaskas

May 26, 2023
Math isn't your strong point I take it?
just like you keeping your mouth shut, apparently. ;)

So is being disingenuous with one's wording (he knew it was, you knew it was and I know it was). After all, five years and one day...is also, the better part of a decade is not? Widly innacurate term to use though would you not agree?
and why do you feel so strongly about this again? the game is coming out at a snails pace. game of thrones was faster ffs.
so calm down and let it go, its okay. ;)

When people live for 8 decades or so, rounding to the nearest decade is a pretty inaccurate way to approximate time. Tell everyone who has a four year old they haven't even got a kid by your rounding.
you... are putting way too much time and thought into something so trivial.
i admit, i was for some reason sure it's been going on for 7 years, but yeah.. why yall so bothered, damn? are we writing an essay at oxford university or something? jesus.

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
just like you keeping your mouth shut, apparently. ;)

and why do you feel so strongly about this again? the game is coming out at a snails pace. game of thrones was faster ffs.
so calm down and let it go, its okay. ;)

you... are putting way too much time and thought into something so trivial.
i admit, i was for some reason sure it's been going on for 7 years, but yeah.. why yall so bothered, damn? are we writing an essay at oxford university or something? jesus.
Well, what else to do to while waiting for a devlog to drop, but hang around in the thread like the desperate Katie lovers we are? :HideThePain:

You've maybe not had your account here long enough to have PTSD from the hordes that scream !UPDAT WEN! without reading a single thing, like the direct response above them explaining there's no timeline provided. So much PTSD. I might need more coffee. Or Katie. Something. :coffee::sneaky:

dlaskas

May 26, 2023
Well, what else to do to while waiting for a devlog to drop, but hang around in the thread like the desperate Katie lovers we are? :HideThePain:

You've maybe not had your account here long enough to have PTSD from the hordes that scream !UPDAT WEN! without reading a single thing, like the direct response above them explaining there's no timeline provided. So much PTSD. I might need more coffee. Or Katie. Something. :coffee::sneaky:
yeah, i like fucking with those people too, but damn.. chill xD

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BobTheDuck

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

ad1013.jpg drink coffee.gif

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
Where it all began - Chapter 4 - Dev Log #15
Hello,

I did quite a bit of writing over the past couple of days, continued to work on doing some animations in Blender, and also started rendering some new scenes in Daz.

The whole endeavor with visiting my family and the 7h long drive sadly completely ruined my sleep schedule again, and it took me a day to get back on track. (Thanks neighbours and their early morning drilling.)

But on the days I was able to work, good progress was made.

Previews:
I changed my mind last minute about what previews to show. I decided to keep the scene a secret, and instead, you'll get some more emergency Katie.

"Put your trust in me."
1727406148063.png
1727406156980.png

A rather short dev log and also a day late. But sometimes I'm just so in the zone that the hours just fly by and under no circumstances do I want to interrupt my hyperfocus-sessions.

I came up with some new ideas for some mini-cinematics... But I will have to do some tests first, because I think proper sounddesign is the key here. No music, but ambient sound.

I'll see if I can create these sounds myself by either recording their real counterpart, or by software.

We'll see. I'll keep you guys updated.

• Ocean

4.30 star(s) 188 Votes