4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
But then again I said that partially because I didn't like her, and her updated model might be more endearing so maybe I won't go that route as I was just 100% Katie focused before.
I've been pretty much Katie focused since I saw her, but I like Miru's original model more than the updated one. I did not particularly like her as a character, though, so giving her up doesn't hurt my feelings terribly.

reyreynao

Nov 12, 2020
Damn probs to him rendering and doing all the 3d models himself! He can take all the time he needs to bring out the next update! Until now it is a heck of amazing game!

Kz87

Jun 19, 2017

Hello,

1. Blender - Daz
2. Color errors
3. Previews + comparisons

1. Blender - Daz

As everyone here should know, I am learning Blender.
And the best way to get better in something is to do it a lot.

I never openly said it and I wanted it to be a surprise but I planned on doing the WiAB rework in Blender.
That's also the reason why it took such a long time to even show some stuff to you guys.

But, last week I decided against it, even tho I have invested around 800€ in assets and other software but the Daz to Blender converters suck too hard at the moment.

I managed to fix all the major problems.. But.. There are so many small drawbacks and problems at the moment that pile up to a gigantic "Fuck you."

Blender itself isn't the problem. It's mostly the converters you have to use to get functionality. (Like Diffeomorphic or the Daz to Blender bridge.)

It would be no problem to do these super high-quality sex animations you often see on the web with a few chosen chars.
But if you have to constantly switch environments, chars, and do 1000+ renders an update, the headache these converters give me is too big.
Besides, I can only put two chars in one scene before my Vram explodes.
I decided to revisit Blender in a year and hopefully, those converters have improved by then.
I will still do Blender stuff on the side and sometimes use it for cinematics but I will proceed with my old plan. I will continue the game in Daz till season 2.
I am at a point where my Daz renders look decent enough to justify going a little bit further till season 2.

But I still learned a lot from Blender, especially in terms of animations, natural movement, etc.
Obviously, you cannot compare Daz and Blender. Daz is a shitshow in terms of animations.
So yeah, from now on, we're back on high productivity. (At least as soon as I get a 3090.)
I managed to render some scenes with the 1070Ti, even tho they take ~3:30h to finish.

2. Color errors

A few days ago I noticed some huge errors in my renders. Especially in the "blacks".
They are caused by my monitor and sometimes I see them and sometimes I don't.

I asked some people if they also see that stuff. But they don't.
If you notice some errors in the future, just something that looks absolutely weird, please tell me which monitor you are using and if you customized your color settings.

I also noticed how unbelievably different renders look on different monitors.
Currently, I am using a 49" Ultrawide 5120x1440.
And I hooked up a 27" 1920x1080 and saw how different they look.

There is sadly no way to actually match what you and I see.
Sadly, I do have to assume that everything you see on your monitor looks different from mine.

For example, the highlights on my 49" look amazing, while they are completely gone on the 27".
Maybe it's a resolution thingy. I can't say and I just hope it doesn't look too far off.
This also affects Summer's Gone.

3. Previews + comparisons.

Due to the fact that this is in some part a rework. (Events are different.) I have the chance to show you comparisons to what I am actually reworking and if a visual rework besides the story-rework is justified.

The entire first season of WiAB is written now. Everything is brought up to a new standard. I will now have to overhaul the second season a little.

In the old WiAB, I reduced the MC in terms of deepness to a minimum. I did that because back in the days, I thought giving the MC a "bland" personality, would make it easier for the player to insert themselves.

I hate that and did throw it completely away in Chapter 6 and added what was usually planned for the boy.

I always did it so that you couldn't see the MC's face in the old WIAB (cause it's the player.) but I found a new love.. Cinematic shots and animations. And I have to show the face.

You could see the old MC in this render.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The updates are now smaller. I won't do any 5000 lines updates anymore as you all know. So, as soon as I have the 3090, I will be able to give my first thoughts on the near future.

I have found some 3090s available. But those are the "Bad" custom versions.
And I really don't want to pay 1800€ for a "bad" version of it. The ones that are loud and cool like shit.
My eyes are open and I am scanning the sites every day.

I am probably going to do another dev log this month.

- Ocean
:)
Can someone reupload images from this post? It has expired URLs.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 69FapChampion69

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hope that the ntr fan/Miru lover question isn't annoying (knowing it's not popular), but will the open relation includes the option for being open only for miru (at least from Miru's perspective, because we know mc can be sometimes a cheater).
As I always say on this thread, love your work, hope you can solve soon the wait time between releases soon, this is by far the game with most quality i've seen (haven't played SG yet).
I'd argue Summer's Gone is better than this game, which is saying something. I'm also saddened by the wait time between releases because OceanLab really knows how to make a believable and interesting characters. Not to mention those amazing transitions!

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Not sure if the dev reads comments much, but if so, might I make a minor suggestion?

After the Leia date, it'd be nice to have an option to reject sleeping in the bed with her. It's weird to me that MC is coming with that energy even if he's on the Katie path and has straight up told Katie what he had with Leia is in the past.

Other than that, I'm really interested in the storyline here and I eventually realized it's lowkey an incest story, but since the language has always been very ambiguous/flexible, I've been able to convince myself it's not, so thank you for that lol.
This story is "lowkey" an incest story? There is not Low about it, it's the highest of key. The only lock the key opens is incest. Merely kidding, but seriously, this game is so incest a wrecking ball to the face is more subtle. I do love the characters, they aren't all shallow. Katie really surprised me, I was fully believing she was just a lousy C word that was selfish, later revelations dispelled that pretty quick. It was super sweet in the Romance path. But yeah, Katie and Leia was it (haven't played this game in a while) are your sisters and Helen (i think) is def your mom. And there will be love between them (and some already have some of that)

Reactions: Aion_Abyss

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I've been pretty much Katie focused since I saw her, but I like Miru's original model more than the updated one. I did not particularly like her as a character, though, so giving her up doesn't hurt my feelings terribly.
I respect that you like the old model of Miru more, but wasn't she the lowest "poly" model in the game? Like her face was super plain. The new one has more life in it. Especially the eyes. She looks like she was "built" to fight.

Reactions: Gladheim

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Does anyone know if the game actually works again? It always crashed for me at the beginning of the game when that white/pink haired chick saw the MC in the... kitchen I think it was.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes