DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
According to the Patreon goals, this game is never getting any sound, as they replaced that goal with upgrading previous chapters' visuals instead, it was apparently decided by popular demand, that's just disappointing, good luck setting an atmosphere without sound.

• Haha
Reactions: Hans_

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
According to the Patreon goals, this game is never getting any sound, as they replaced that goal with upgrading previous chapters' visuals instead, it was apparently decided by popular demand, that's just disappointing, good luck setting an atmosphere without sound.
In this we disagree. Sound may be nice but the art sets an atmosphere as well. I mean Charlie Chaplin did not get rich in the talkies. All they had was an organ. You want an organ?:giggle:;)

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Actually, while we removed it as a goal since it didn't seem to be driving anyones interest, I still think we are going to add sound/music anyway. But it is probably going to be a post production process along with upgrading the early game visuals.

In fact I actually already created the first musical sequence last EP centered around Theresa just to give Cheeky an example of how I would like us to use them besides for background and sounds. I aimed for something in the same vein as the masterworks that Drifty does with Leap of Faith, if you know it, and while I and Cheeky were very happy with it. We only had a single response about it from our QC folks who had access to it. Pretty sure it was only Slockie who reviewed it for us.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'll take reworked and updated old scenes any day. The first thing I do with renpy games is put on my own music and just read the story. These are VNs after all, sound isn't a requirement if you ask me.

Reactions: Tisi and Karana

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
yeah, music/sounds is of utmost importance for any decent AVN.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I'll take reworked and updated old scenes any day. The first thing I do with renpy games is put on my own music and just read the story. These are VNs after all, sound isn't a requirement if you ask me.
It just feels unsettling when I'm playing a game without any sound at all, so I only resort to playing my own music in the background if the game itself doesn't have any audio itself, just so there's at least some audio while I play, although it almost never fits the current atmosphere of the scenes.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It just feels unsettling when I'm playing a game without any sound at all, so I only resort to playing my own music in the background if the game itself doesn't have any audio itself, just so there's at least some audio while I play, although it almost never fits the current atmosphere of the scenes.
Yeah, to each their own. To me it's no different that putting on some music when I sit down with a book. A lot of people seem to take issue with it though. Maybe not this particular game but you read quite a few posts about people wanting sound with the games.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We got it all covered right here in our thread. Why pester the devs when we got such a great mod?
https://f95zone.to/threads/where-the-heart-is-walkthrough-cheating-mod-music-version-ep21a-koga3.69534/

yeah, music/sounds is of utmost importance for any decent AVN.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, to each their own. To me it's no different that putting on some music when I sit down with a book. A lot of people seem to take issue with it though. Maybe not this particular game but you read quite a few posts about people wanting sound with the games.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Adding my 2cents... sound/music can add a lot. The thing is, there's only a few who really mastered the art of adding a good score. Most of the VN's which have music fail to deliver that. When done right it adds a great deal to the power of immersion, if not then the "Mute All" is usually the first thing you reach for.
The argument that sound isn't important because it is a VN completely misses the mark... Even the argument that Charlie Chaplin and the likes had great success with their silent movies doesn't cut wood, coz even they had music added to convey the atmosphere. So if that were true, tv shows and movies wouldn't get great music scores added...

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 326 Votes