Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Keep this up and you'll have redeemed yourself from your days of being the Gumdrop defender Josh :p
I guess using him as this years April Fools, wouldn't do much good, seeing he pump out things regulary these days. Just not what people want though... Also you missed the point. There is no way okay to accuse devs of being criminals, doing cp and other shit just because you dislike the creator for not deliver what you want. Critic creators for what they actually do, or doesn't do is fair. Invent a lot of shit just to pile on the hatetrain, is not.

Reactions: sava75

Soulbro

Jan 14, 2022
At least the game/prank wasn't playable.

All a beta tester would need to do is take a beta copy of the game....remove a few non-game breaking variables, and you could completely fuck over players and make scenes entirely locked out as well as destroy saves/persistent files. Oh the possibilities...... LOL
Except for the fact that the beta tester can't change the URL for the VN in F95, change the title graphic, change the game status details AND replace the official download links... can they...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Music is not a requirement. It is an extra. Does it help some - yes. Does it bother others - yes. Should it be a focus of a VN - No. It is an extra that may or may not help. It varies by person. The focus must be the story and the art first. Music cannot fix a broken story or gloss over poor art. After that, additions such as animations and music can be brought in to improve the product. As long as it adds a positive it is fine. If it detracts or wastes time it is not good. There is no absolute here, which you implied, and it must be measured by the Devs as to the value added and the audience they serve. Would you prefer that each update be extended to add music which may or may not (as you yourself indicate) add value. I think many would disagree and prefer shorter update times. The possibility of Music added as a major clean up at the end of the VN (as acewinz has indicated) is likely to be very acceptable.
Pick some catchy copyright free tune off the web and then have it loop, add some fake moans and sex sounds and throw in.. that is not atmosphere, that is pain. That is the reason why I turn off sound and music all together. Very few games on this site actually use sounds and music in a good way when it come to atmosphere, add flow to the game etc.

Reactions: FaceCrap

Soulbro

Jan 14, 2022
That's some next level professionalism right there. This may be a pirate site but have some standards won't you?
Oh, you see, they do have standards, and they just explained them to us.
They don't care what we think...
They don't care that this affects THEIR (F95) reputation...
They don't care that ANY Moderator can modify ANY Thread or ANY post, or ANY link to do and say anything they want and no one will investigate, address, prevent it from happening again...

It's pretty clear to me.
Now to be totally clear, sure, the VN dev team has an issue if the joke download actually was their code leaked by someone internally, but that is not the point. The download could have contained anything at all, and it could have done anything at all.
How anyone 'unofficial' (as far as the VN Dev team is concerned) can alter a thread that is used to promote their product and direct people who support the product to download something thinking that it is an official, canon, release, and no action is taken... THAT is a concern.

I can post a message in a thread and say 'hey, guys, I just got my hands on the new version from one of their internal testers and you can get it from here

Soulbro

Jan 14, 2022
You ever heard of memes? How in hell is posting a meme OF VIOLENCE, actually reacting with violence?
Sorry, but the jury on who of the two of you is an idiot might come to a different conclusion, for reacting like this, to someone posting a meme.
Ok, I tell you what, I'll draw it out for you...
You replied to a post, that's you reacting...
You replied by posting a meme, that's you reacting with a meme...
You replied by posting a meme displaying violence (a slap, seems to be this year's flavor), that's you reacting with a meme of violence...

THAT is you actually reacting with violence...

... oh, and as for the jury, the prosecution rests.
1648948412879.png

• Angry
Reactions: bluehound36

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
People can cry and be upset as much as they want over this April Fools, but seeing how people still cry about, and fall for it 2 days later. You can't really question it wasn't a successful one though. :ROFLMAO:
Nobody's crying. Folks are just massively disappointment. This site has people from all over the world congregating to download fap material worry free, some with internet caps that I don't even want to imagine having to deal with, others dealing with super low speeds. Wasting someones time while simultaneously harming the reputation of a game developer on some "its just a prank bro" nonsense is simply bad form.

I almost wish I was highschool age, and still found fart jokes funny; then I could probably relate to your edgelord take on this situation.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Except for the fact that the beta tester can't change the URL for the VN in F95, change the title graphic, change the game status details AND replace the official download links... can they...
No....but the beta tester can sure take the beta copy...modify the scripts....keep the title "as is" or change it to be an alpha copy at release....then proceed to make their own MEGA mirror and leak it to F95 as an official copy. The mods/site would do the rest and nobody would know the wiser....you'd just assume it was a buggy game but it wouldn't be what was released to patrons...and since it is already here and posted, no uploader would go grab it.

• Sad
Reactions: Aristos and acewinz

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Yeah wasting people internet with a 4GB fake update, when some have a cap of 250GB is really crappy thing to do even as a joke. I know a couple people that downloaded it on every download link for both pc and mac that 32GB of there data gone. When the go over the get charge 20 dollar for ever 10GB of data over. would of been better to of made a download link that rick rolled people when they clicked. That would of been more funny for an April fools joke.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
No....but the beta tester can sure take the beta copy...modify the scripts....keep the title "as is" or change it to be an alpha copy at release....then proceed to make their own MEGA mirror and leak it to F95 as an official copy. The mods/site would do the rest and nobody would know the wiser....you'd just assume it was a buggy game but it wouldn't be what was released to patrons...and since it is already here and posted, no uploader would go grab it.
April Fool's 2023 is one day closer. You keep giving the mods ideas :rolleyes:.
It's funny how they rush to delete posts or even issue warnings if you post memes or dare to mention another game while fairly comparing it to the one the thread's devoted to just to illustrate your opinion. Such an unforgivable crime. But then they see it fit to harm a game's reputation like this, or when they split another game into two threads claiming that Season 2 wasn't the same game but a Prequel (in a time travel game!!!). It's really unbelievable what they'd do without at least apologizing.

Reactions: Ajghz

QaliberDK

Dec 19, 2020
Ok, I tell you what, I'll draw it out for you...
You replied to a post, that's you reacting...
You replied by posting a meme, that's you reacting with a meme...
You replied by posting a meme displaying violence (a slap, seems to be this year's flavor), that's you reacting with a meme of violence...

THAT is you actually reacting with violence...

... oh, and as for the jury, the prosecution rests.
View attachment 1737012
The mic drop meme contains destruction of property...
Destruction of property can be considered a violent act...
Did you react with violence to a reaction of violence? :unsure:
Also, if a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, can the
tree sue the forest for neglect?

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
Music is not a requirement. It is an extra. Does it help some - yes. Does it bother others - yes. Should it be a focus of a VN - No. It is an extra that may or may not help. It varies by person. The focus must be the story and the art first. Music cannot fix a broken story or gloss over poor art. After that, additions such as animations and music can be brought in to improve the product. As long as it adds a positive it is fine. If it detracts or wastes time it is not good. There is no absolute here, which you implied, and it must be measured by the Devs as to the value added and the audience they serve. Would you prefer that each update be extended to add music which may or may not (as you yourself indicate) add value. I think many would disagree and prefer shorter update times. The possibility of Music added as a major clean up at the end of the VN (as acewinz has indicated) is likely to be very acceptable.
Well, I agree with adding music and animation later, that's what I was planning on, but I write a lot of material by inspiration of music and I would love to add the score I had in mind for any VN I worked on. However, I'm concerned about copyright laws and even No Copyright Music have rules on how you can use it. If you know more about this, or a way around, give me a heads up, but as it stands right now, I understand why Devs avoid adding music because of that.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Pick some catchy copyright free tune off the web and then have it loop, add some fake moans and sex sounds and throw in.. that is not atmosphere, that is pain. That is the reason why I turn off sound and music all together. Very few games on this site actually use sounds and music in a good way when it come to atmosphere, add flow to the game etc.
Totally agree so why would it be high on the list of things to do. Stick to the story and art then make additions when appropriate.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Well, I agree with adding music and animation later, that's what I was planning on, but I write a lot of material by inspiration of music and I would love to add the score I had in mind for any VN I worked on. However, I'm concerned about copyright laws and even No Copyright Music have rules on how you can use it. If you know more about this, or a way around, give me a heads up, but as it stands right now, I understand why Devs avoid adding music because of that.
Very reasonable IMO. There are a few Devs that have used trademarked items (Example-Nike Swoosh they add to shoes/clothing with PS) or using Rock band Album covers in their art (Van Halen, Springsteen, Led Zeppelin material). I am pretty sure there is a Lawyer out there just salivating over that slam dunk.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I like music in games - of course only if it's well made and implemented properly. For the ones without I also play some random tracks in the background or hope a certain modder takes care of it... Unfortunately I've seen (heard) many poor atempts from devs where you asap mute it, too. Adding good music is probably not that easy as it seems, it should fit the game and also please most.

About that damn april joke: unfortunately I've seen other sites (eg svs) posting that shit still as a "new" release, so be also still prepared for some asking "where the exe is"...

Reactions: t3alqdansam
4.40 star(s) 326 Votes