Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah wasting people internet with a 4GB fake update, when some have a cap of 250GB is really crappy thing to do even as a joke. I know a couple people that downloaded it on every download link for both pc and mac that 32GB of there data gone. When the go over the get charge 20 dollar for ever 10GB of data over. would of been better to of made a download link that rick rolled people when they clicked. That would of been more funny for an April fools joke.
The saying.... Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Come to mind here... Really? You know people that did download it on every link before they did take a couple mins to check out the thread to see what was going on? :rolleyes:

Reactions: TripleZ

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Nobody's crying. Folks are just massively disappointment. This site has people from all over the world congregating to download fap material worry free, some with internet caps that I don't even want to imagine having to deal with, others dealing with super low speeds. Wasting someones time while simultaneously harming the reputation of a game developer on some "its just a prank bro" nonsense is simply bad form.

I almost wish I was highschool age, and still found fart jokes funny; then I could probably relate to your edgelord take on this situation.
Oh dear.... download material worry free from a pirate site. Harming the reputation of the developer? but you don't mind steal from the developer?

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
why did you bothered posting at first place?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I posted something about wanting music and sounds in the game, and you literally replied to me saying that you couldn't care less about music and sounds in a VN, so what was your intention saying that to me, you could have just said it without replying to me, and I wouldn't have said anything, but you decided to specifically say that to me, it wasn't funny, it wasn't going to change my mind or agree with you, so I'm questioning your intention.

Good music shouldn't be top priority in every game, but it should at least be high priority, a good soundtrack elevates the experience when playing a game, if done correctly, a silent game just feels empty, no emotion in it at all.

• Angry
Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
DarkDaemonX
im rarely giving facepalms, yet your whole "escapade" in this thread deserves much more than one...sadly there is no such "a multiple utter shit" reactions yet...so just keep trolling, you surely shall remain with this account for a long time ;)

Reactions: opfela

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The developer obviously knows about it being on here, if they didn't want it here, they could report it and get rid of it.
If someone want to pirate something, it will be pirated, regardless what the creator behind feel about it. Also if a creator could just "report it" and it would be removed from the site, then it would defeat the whole purpose of being a pirate site right?

Reactions: unknown78

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
DarkDaemonX
im rarely giving facepalms, yet your whole "escapade" in this thread deserves much more than one...sadly there is no such "a multiple utter shit" reactions yet...so just keep trolling, you surely shall remain with this account for a long time ;)
I'm not trolling, I'm starting to think you're the one doing the trolling here, as you just completely disregard everything I say, and that last thing you said looks a lot like a threat, is that what you do to anyone who doesn't bow down to you, you threaten to get their accounts deleted?

Reactions: BorgiaBou

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
If someone want to pirate something, it will be pirated, regardless what the creator behind feel about it. Also if a creator could just "report it" and it would be removed from the site, then it would defeat the whole purpose of being a pirate site right?
It has happened before.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
They can report the links, and the host will take them down. But that doesn't mean new links wont come up. Or even better, torrents they can't do jack shit about.
That's true, but as said before, in this case the developer is active in the thread themselves, like many other devs are in the threads of their own games.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Sorry you were put in the middle of this. I'd like to think the joke was made with good intentions and not out of malice. I saw the update and was excited, for whatever reason I thought I would come back and download it later instead of then, lucky for me I did that. I think people who are saying this joke damaged the site's reputation are taking F95 just a little too seriously.
We honestly wasn't that upset about it. The anger more comes from the fact they somehow got an unfinished version of the Ep22 script. If this was all done without them using that then this wouldn't haven't been that bad for us. It just shows that someone on the QC team was in on it and now we can't trust the whole team because someone wanted to pull a joke. They could have easily done the same prank without that script but they chose not too and now because of it we've had to stop using the QC team meaning testing is delayed which only delays the release. We've got a small handfull of the QC team that we still trust but still, if whoever was in on it could just man up and come forward then we can move on and get the release out quicker. But because they won't we've had to stop using like 10 testers, meaning we the devs have to do all that testing solo. And when I say we the testers, I actually mean Ace, Cheeky and Wiz because I've never tested before and would get lost with it :p

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
We honestly wasn't that upset about it. The anger more comes from the fact they somehow got an unfinished version of the Ep22 script. If this was all done without them using that then this wouldn't haven't been that bad for us. It just shows that someone on the QC team was in on it and now we can't trust the whole team because someone wanted to pull a joke. They could have easily done the same prank without that script but they chose not too and now because of it we've had to stop using the QC team meaning testing is delayed which only delays the release. We've got a small handfull of the QC team that we still trust but still, if whoever was in on it could just man up and come forward then we can move on and get the release out quicker. But because they won't we've had to stop using like 10 testers, meaning we the devs have to do all that testing solo. And when I say we the testers, I actually mean Ace, Cheeky and Wiz because I've never tested before and would get lost with it :p
What requires that many testers? Is the game that complex? Outside of dev and an editor/proofreader, there are TWO of us that beta COBD. We pull in 2-3 more guys in for shits and giggles right before release to give fresh playthroughs, but that is it.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
April Fool's 2023 is one day closer. You keep giving the mods ideas :rolleyes:.
It's funny how they rush to delete posts or even issue warnings if you post memes or dare to mention another game while fairly comparing it to the one the thread's devoted to just to illustrate your opinion. Such an unforgivable crime. But then they see it fit to harm a game's reputation like this, or when they split another game into two threads claiming that Season 2 wasn't the same game but a Prequel (in a time travel game!!!). It's really unbelievable what they'd do without at least apologizing.
I don't get it. If this is supposed to be an April Fools joke endorsed by the mods then it's their job to restore it back to working order after April 1st is over. If it isn't endorsed then they should deal with the uploader who clearly submitted a broken build/game. Or does this not fall in their responsibilities? If it is endorsed and they leave it up it just looks like a shitty attempt to extort the devs to release the next version faster. And they'd be fools to engage that in any way.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
There is no leak, the joke version was just the previous one minus the executable.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
What requires that many testers? Is the game that complex? Outside of dev and an editor/proofreader, there are TWO of us that beta COBD. We pull in 2-3 more guys in for shits and giggles right before release to give fresh playthroughs, but that is it.
WYHI has a lot of branches. Sure, 10 might not be needed but always better to have too many than not enough. That being said the beta releases can drop at all hours of the day and best to have multiple people in different time zones just so we know it is getting tested if we're away.

I don't get it. If this is supposed to be an April Fools joke endorsed by the mods then it's their job to restore it back to working order after April 1st is over. If it isn't endorsed then they should deal with the uploader who clearly submitted a broken build/game. Or does this not fall in their responsibilities? If it is endorsed and they leave it up it just looks like a shitty attempt to extort the devs to release the next version faster. And they'd be fools to engage that in any way.
From what I understand it was someone on the QC team that came up with the idea and sent the broken version of the game to a mod ( that mod either knew it was broke or uploaded it thinking it was a real release ) and then when the mods found out it was a broken version, rather than deleting it, they doubled down and claimed it as an April Fools joke they were in on. But we can't be 100% sure who was behind it or how it went down unless someone on the mod team talks or the person on the QC team. I believe it has all been resolved now though and the broken version has been removed.

There is no leak, the joke version was just the previous one minus the executable.
It still had the Ep22.rpy script that only the QC team has access to.

Reactions: botc76 and HSHS1111
4.40 star(s) 326 Votes