kevinhnl

Mar 23, 2019
What harm can it be to download 4gb you can simply deleted. And as a april fools joke it is great see how maye got fooled. And seriously some are pissed because they were about to wank...... watch a movie you even have 2 hands and dont need to clean a hand when the story needs you to make a choice every now and then.
Dev or mod great f.... joke. It worked.... look at all that fell for it

kevinhnl

Mar 23, 2019
Most of the comment are people being irked at the mods of the forum, not so much the Devs themselves. I get your point but using MiCi as an example is low hanging fruit :). There isn't anything remotely comparable to how he acts and how these people operate. Other Devs should be taking notes I think.
I dont reply to one person but to all the haters that filling the forum with hate

Reactions: Sanaa Star

kevinhnl

Mar 23, 2019
Ow hahaha mici. Nothing but love for the game. Just wanted to say even if it takes time hate wont help. And me take that example only means i love the game and

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Previous pages look like a warzone, can someone explain what happened?
A supposed test version was "leaked," it wasn't a working game though, just 4GB of useless trash, but at first the dev team thought that there were files in there which could only have come from their QC team.
So they wanted to find out whom of them they couldn't trust anymore, while at the same time tons of people were pissed over having downloaded 4GB for nothing, using their allotment for Mega or having a restricted download capacity in general, some of course blamed the devs, because that's who many people automatically blame.

It then became clear that this was an April Fools' joke by the mods, not being cleared with the dev team.
The only glimmer of light is that apparently the QC team wasn't involved, so work on the game should continue as planned (hopefully).
But of course most people are still pissed that the mods didn't contact the devs before the prank AND took way too long to at least explain the circumstances.
And then you have the usual amount of people only halfway understanding what happened, but of course having an oh so important opinion they have to share with us all. If we are lucky, this will also happen in broken English and spread over several consecutive posts. ;-)

supersomeone

Nov 20, 2019
A supposed test version was "leaked," it wasn't a working game though, just 4GB of useless trash, but at first the dev team thought that there were files in there which could only have come from their QC team.
So they wanted to find out whom of them they couldn't trust anymore, while at the same time tons of people were pissed over having downloaded 4GB for nothing, using their allotment for Mega or having a restricted download capacity in general, some of course blamed the devs, because that's who many people automatically blame.

It then became clear that this was an April Fools' joke by the mods, not being cleared with the dev team.
The only glimmer of light is that apparently the QC team wasn't involved, so work on the game should continue as planned (hopefully).
But of course most people are still pissed that the mods didn't contact the devs before the prank AND took way too long to at least explain the circumstances.
And then you have the usual amount of people only halfway understanding what happened, but of course having an oh so important opinion they have to share with us all. If we are lucky, this will also happen in broken English and spread over several consecutive posts. ;-)
ah jeez, what a shitshow, and thanks for the explanation

Reactions: Sanaa Star

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Glad to see I was right...maybe next time you guys can be more professional about your work and think before threatening to delay the game from a stupid joke.
Maybe next time you should read more carefully. There weren't threats of any kind. They said it could be delayed a couple days because there was a suspicion it was leaked from the QC team. The delay is from having to to the QC themselves. Either way it seems to be figured out now, it's just going to be a little awkward between them and the QC team for a while I reckon.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Glad to see I was right...maybe next time you guys can be more professional about your work and think before threatening to delay the game from a stupid joke.
Right? In what reality? You spout your venom as if it is fact. In your mind maybe but no one else lives there. It was clearly a poorly designed joke that impacted many people here (Go ahead and read) who have limited capacity or time to waste on the fake download. Was that The Devs NO! It was someone who jerked their chain real hard and with the support of an F95 team member who clearly had little respect for the Dev team or people who have budget, access issues. The simple fact they have clearly identified the impacts they suffered PLUS the fact they told patrons early of an option to drop support yet still get the product. Seriously, how many other Devs would do that? They are talking of being a few weeks late and there are others that are months late and getting worse. No, you are not right except in a mirror!

wolfpackjac3

Jan 5, 2021
What harm can it be to download 4gb you can simply deleted. And as a april fools joke it is great see how maye got fooled. And seriously some are pissed because they were about to wank...... watch a movie you even have 2 hands and dont need to clean a hand when the story needs you to make a choice every now and then.
Dev or mod great f.... joke. It worked.... look at all that fell for it
Not everyone has unlimited data. Many places, 4gb is a ton of data to download due to lack of infrastructure. Also your responses to other ppl's comments are nonsensical at best. The dev themselves should be mad about this. This is their livelihood and other's took it upon themselves to make a joke at the dev's expense and could cost them money. I hope he finds out who did it so they are no longer a part of their QC team if they are in fact a part of that.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Not everyone has unlimited data. Many places, 4gb is a ton of data to download due to lack of infrastructure. Also your responses to other ppl's comments are nonsensical at best. The dev themselves should be mad about this. This is their livelihood and other's took it upon themselves to make a joke at the dev's expense and could cost them money. I hope he finds out who did it so they are no longer a part of their QC team if they are in fact a part of that.
Also, if you used Mega, even with unlimited downloads (which I have), you're limited with how much you can download that day because of this nonsense. The short answer it, this was not FUNNY, which is what an April fools joke is supposed to be. Glad I didn't download it, but I definitely feel for anyone that did and the devs who will ultimately be blamed.

Reactions: botc76
4.40 star(s) 326 Votes