LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
Yeah, I have to agree. Both here and on patreon we have very little problem folks (most that come out right after an update). Most of the rare negative (sometimes constructive) feedback we get is related to people that want their cake and to eat it too. :) Less often because we have taken a characters evolution in a direction a player didn't like or in the past people wanted more progress on the main plot. But all in all the vast majority is great, supportive, and helpful.

The recent poll we did regarding Jenna's outfit had more than 1/3rd of all our patreons vote in less than a week. Which I thought was pretty impressive, it also helped us get a jump start on rendering her stuff with such a quick response.

The only thing we as developers are struggling with is figuring out how to break this wall we seem to have keeping us at about the same contribution level which while we are happy is stable, we would like to obviously grow. I know a large part of it is the economic situation is getting tougher everywhere, but we have been looking at things people might want to see us do to break this stalemate we have in growing. I know putting out content faster would likely help the most, but given the complexity of this game I am not sure we can do that with our current staff.
Finish the Game no matter the patron level, fans will respond to a game that completes its run. so many end abandon because of patron support they say. but finish strong rewards don't come to those who cant persevere I would like to refer you to a couple songs.

Listen to the words not just the music. the whole album is a self-help story
And when time comes close to end of WTHI have your new game ready to advertise and like always give early patrons a special that public must wait for. make being a patron the faster way to see your work. if me I might have my next game's first promo release before completion of all epilogs of current game and multiple platform and sites. Love you guys Fight hard we are here for you.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Finish the Game no matter the patron level, fans will respond to a game that completes its run. so many end abandon because of patron support they say. but finish strong rewards don't come to those who cant persevere I would like to refer you to a couple songs.

Listen to the words not just the music. the whole album is a self-help story
And when time comes close to end of WTHI have your new game ready to advertise and like always give early patrons a special that public must wait for. make being a patron the faster way to see your work. if me I might have my next game's first promo release before completion of all epilogs of current game and multiple platform and sites. Love you guys Fight hard we are here for you.
No worries. We would finish this game no matter what (as long as we are still kicking anyway). We are as invested in the game and characters as anyone, we want to see them through. Plus there is always a platform release in the end even if we lost regular patreonage. Even before Cell and I signed on for the long haul, Cheeky was intent on finishing the game by himself if need be, even if he took down his patreon. It would just take a lot longer. :)

Reactions: ename144

yozara

Feb 2, 2018
hey, I'm just wondering something, I'm on the date with monica at the carnival (episode 18) but the walktrough say it will impact Monica If I pursue Mabel.
how bad will it Impact her ? I like Mabel design and I would like to pursue her but I don't want to screw any scene with Monica because of some one time girl ?

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
hey, I'm just wondering something, I'm on the date with monica at the carnival (episode 18) but the walktrough say it will impact Monica If I pursue Mabel.
how bad will it Impact her ? I like Mabel design and I would like to pursue her but I don't want to screw any scene with Monica because of some one time girl ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: lordofhirunds

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
On a separate note. As much as I love how involved you guys have been, especially this update, in figuring out who is the gold digger, and whether certain individuals could be an accomplice or if Elaine is sincere or manipulative...

I might make a some slight suggestions in your lines of hypothesis and commentary if only to keep things rolling and see what you think. Feel free to pick and choose.

1) Assuming any particular theory of yours is more or less correct. How do you think things will end up when the cat is out of the bag? How would you like them to end up? (This is not a harem question...)
Let's be realistic here, Ace. You've been around these forums long enough to know that everything is an incest question. :p

At any rate, my assumption is that the gold digger will turn out to be Bella, probably with Jolina being her friend (with benefits) that Bella roped into helping her. I still expect Bella's motives to be less malevolent than has been implied (at least assuming the MC didn't cheat on her), though she'll only be friendly towards the MC if he's pursued her. Beyond that I can't really speculate because it will depend on details I just don't know enough about.

As far as what I want to happen, I'd like it if the MC gets to take some active role in how the will plays out. To date, we've mostly been a passive observer. Settling who would keep the main house was our first real decision, and it was made largely in ignorance of the final consequences. It would be nice if we eventually not only had some level of influence over what happens with the others, but also had the chance to articulate why we make our decision and then see the fallout of that decision play out.

We'll presumably get a simple version of that based on whether we keep seeing Monica and the girls, but that's a very binary decision that will be lopsided one way or the other on most runs. I'd be more interested in decisions like planning to avoid the girls for 1 year to get some money then reuniting, or making a deal with one of the other heirs to help them fulfill their own conditions (though obviously that would depend on knowing what their conditions are).

Basically, I'd like it if the MC started proactively planning for his future. It's all well and good to spend our days banging hot chicks, but that's not a long term strategy. I think we're at the point where the MC can start taking the long view without it disrupting his booty calls too much, especially as the parallel paths start to trim themselves down.

If the ending is just a series of reveals followed by the MC pressing a button to decide who gets what, I worry it will feel a bit underwhelming after all this buildup. We need to feel like we've *earned* whatever ending we get, even if that ending winds up as (for example) turning down $5 million to be with the girl we love. Emphasizing both our agency and our mindset seems like the best way to counter that risk.

2) Also something I wanted to touch on is plenty of games like ours have angles of betrayal or areas of grey when it comes to actions of friends or love interests we have spent a lot of time with in these games. Needless to say sometimes the emotional response of the player can be... extreme, even if they did anticipate the twists. I don't expect people to end up in more disappointment from the reveal than enjoyment from the mystery (I hope), but feel free to share your thoughts on this too.
It really depends on what the betrayal is and why it was done. If, say, Monica has been deceiving the MC this whole time because she wants to get his share of the money, that's going to be a massive scarlet letter for the character and completely reshape how I feel about much of the game. If Bella has avoided telling the MC because this inheritance is her only means of survival and he might inadvertently jeopardize it if he knew too much, that's a lot less damaging and could potentially make Bella sympathetic depending on how exactly it's handled.

At a minimum, I'd like everyone's actions to make sense both before and after we learn the twist. Beyond that, I think it would be cool if the degree of betrayal could change based on our actions (either because the gold digger doesn't want to hurt an MC she's fond of, or because of how closely her own goals align with the MC's). Granted, that would be a lot of work from you to make everything fit together, but that's what you get for asking. ;)

3) While our course has been set in many regards which we have been open about. We actually did see some pushback this Ep in regard to a lot of "forced" breakups. Although it is actually possible to maintain every relationship (though not without major danger signs), there will come a point sooner than later where this won't be possible. Hence why the difficulty of continuing to juggle or lie is becoming harder, and the suspicion variables (yes, we have those) have been far more active in causing breakups even when you could have lied your way through before. Anyway, my question is do you think we have been too hard when the axes have came down? Do you want to see more when the drama goes full bore? Do you enjoy the continued tension when sleeping around?
I'm pretty sure you know my take on this; if anything, you should have started the fallout sooner so it was less jarring when the axes started to fall.

Now that it's started, I've enjoyed seeing the axes fall because I think it conveys a sense of progress and ups the stakes a bit for the romances you care about. Then again, I don't usually play manwhore runs, so I may be atypical. And I don't have much of an opinion on how much fun sneaking around can be.

I do think that when we are caught red-handed, it's better if we see at least the initial explosion play out. IMHO, Angel's onscreen breakup with the MC when she caught him kissing Wanda in Episode 21 was much more effective than the quick fade to black we got if Jenna and Katie simultaneously declared they were dating the MC.

4) Tying somewhat into #1... I like to think we have properly treaded the line to keep you guessing, but also not come out of nowhere with the big reveal when it happens. We also have certain angles/outcomes covered and options not yet unveiled that will allow the players to deal with certain individuals in unexpected ways. (No murder though!) But what do you want/expect when it comes to this? :)
As I said for the first question, I'd like the MC to start planning for the future before it arrives. This will obviously require us to learn things sufficiently in advance that we can react to them, which may or may not be easy depending on how you've planned your reveals.

Beyond that, I hope that the endings will show us more than just how the MC and his chosen girl(s) fair. There are a lot of girls in the game, and most of them have a relationship with the MC even if he isn't sleeping with them. I sincerely hope we'll also get a sense of how those platonic relationships (or burned out remains of doomed romantic relationships for the unchaste) will extend into the epilogs.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I can see liking Mabel... for a second. She is a distraction. Focus Grasshopper.

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
OK, I'm like 600 post from the end, so forgive me if this discussed then.
The most important thing to remember when talking about the will is that you can't be sure of ANYTHING unless you see it yourself. If you hear about it from someone, it could be a lie. If you see it for yourself, you know it's true.
Having said that, I am going to suggest a theory that involves things that two people have told you. I hope that this will lead you to believe that Elaine did not know the conditions of the will before meeting with the lawyer.

Otherwise, Elaine did not know the MC's condition. So she kicked him out of the house and did not send the e-mail pretending to be the MC to Monica or anyone. When she found out about the will, naturally she had to change direction. Or, maybe the third beneficiary sent a bunch of e-mails, and a text message pretending to be Elaine, and has been lying through her teeth ever since. I don't KNOW who that it, but I suggest it might be Bella.
Some of this has surely been stolen from thing others have said RantingOldMan certainly having been one.
Again, sorry about the wall of text, even if some of it is spoilered.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
OK, I'm like 600 post from the end, so forgive me if this discussed then.
The most important thing to remember when talking about the will is that you can't be sure of ANYTHING unless you see it yourself. If you hear about it from someone, it could be a lie. If you see it for yourself, you know it's true.
Having said that, I am going to suggest a theory that involves things that two people have told you. I hope that this will lead you to believe that Elaine did not know the conditions of the will before meeting with the lawyer.

Otherwise, Elaine did not know the MC's condition. So she kicked him out of the house and did not send the e-mail pretending to be the MC to Monica or anyone. When she found out about the will, naturally she had to change direction. Or, maybe the third beneficiary sent a bunch of e-mails, and a text message pretending to be Elaine, and has been lying through her teeth ever since. I don't KNOW who that it, but I suggest it might be Bella.
Some of this has surely been stolen from thing others have said RantingOldMan certainly having been one.
Again, sorry about the wall of text, even if some of it is spoilered.

I took The Don's "If Elaine knew she would have murdered me" as a reference to Bella. To me if Elaine found out that Dickhead Don had been "dicking" Bella that would have resulted in the most extreme reaction. Anyone else and she would have walked away (since she isn't into sharing) but her sister having an affair with her "man" would have been the ultimate betrayal. That's just my opinion.

As for the email, what if Bella and Jolina tricked Elaine to show up at the coffee shop? This is a super elaborate idea so most likely didn't happen at all but... What if they catfished Elaine? Elaine goes to meet her new "friend" at the coffee shop and is publicly humiliated... Thus Elaine refuses to go to that coffee shop afterwards, Jolina has footage of Elaine going into the store around the time they sent the emails, and I told you this was way too complicated to be real...

As to the conditions, I think that the second Gold Digger is the one who knows everything. If the second gold digger is Bella then perhaps she was little dick Don's real "partner" in that she was just as manipulative and evil as he was... To get all the money she needs to ensure that the other two don't fulfill their conditions so she sent the email and is trying to shove a wedge between the MC and Elaine.

I'm worried about how elaborate the ending of this game will be; I don't want it to be "realistic", rather I want it to be logical within the world that the story has created. We shall see if they can pull this off, I hope so.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I'm worried about how elaborate the ending of this game will be; I don't want it to be "realistic", rather I want it to be logical within the world that the story has created. We shall see if they can pull this off, I hope so.
I agree with you here. If Bella is the Gold Digger it will be interesting to see how she reacts depending on your previous choices for example if the MC romanced her and no one else you could go with the whole she was originally just trying to seduce the MC for the will conditions but ended up falling in love with him instead and wants him to forgive her.

On the other hand if the MC was being a man whore she would be cold and have no remorse for manipulating him to get the will conditions, maybe throw in a remark about how he is just like his dad. Then if the MC rejected her every time she would be pissed he wouldn't fall for her charms or manipulation.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I took The Don's "If Elaine knew she would have murdered me" as a reference to Bella. To me if Elaine found out that Dickhead Don had been "dicking" Bella that would have resulted in the most extreme reaction. Anyone else and she would have walked away (since she isn't into sharing) but her sister having an affair with her "man" would have been the ultimate betrayal. That's just my opinion.
actually, generically, a betrayed woman could kill whoever is her partner's lover (who at the same time forced her into a withdrawn life)

Bella would certainly bring extra motivation, but any girl much younger than Elaine (Jolina for example) would certainly not bring happy thoughts either
As for the email, what if Bella and Jolina tricked Elaine to show up at the coffee shop? This is a super elaborate idea so most likely didn't happen at all but... What if they catfished Elaine? Elaine goes to meet her new "friend" at the coffee shop and is publicly humiliated... Thus Elaine refuses to go to that coffee shop afterwards, Jolina has footage of Elaine going into the store around the time they sent the emails, and I told you this was way too complicated to be real...
generally the simpler it is, the more sense it makes

Elaine's objection that in order to send the email she could have done it from home makes all the sense in the world, so she went to Jolina for other reasons (if the video is true, but I think so, because even then it would add unnecessary complications)
As to the conditions, I think that the second Gold Digger is the one who knows everything. If the second gold digger is Bella then perhaps she was little dick Don's real "partner" in that she was just as manipulative and evil as he was... To get all the money she needs to ensure that the other two don't fulfill their conditions so she sent the email and is trying to shove a wedge between the MC and Elaine.
If Bella is the gold digger, either she is crazy or her condition is other

she does everything she can to get MC away from Monica (first she puts doubt in his mind that Monica has been hitting on Donald, then she does everything she can to come between him and Katie, including leaving her underwear in the bathroom). so she actually "helps" him pursue his conditions

and at the same time does everything she can to get him away from Elaine, in case I think this is where her terms play out, in cutting off any relationship between the two to become the voice of "truth"
this is sacrosanct, reality is boring, in a game I want what happens to be plausible and as congruent as possible, not realistic

in a realistic game MC would have already said goodbye to Monica as soon as he knew the conditions for getting his money

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
I've gone with the rejection/friend-with-benefits/guilt-sex route, and nothing bad had happened as a result.

I ghosted Zarah and broke up with Monica right at the end because I wanted good chemistry

when we took photos together and when we went to the theme park. I saw it as "doing her a solid." XD

I lost out on the mommy-roleplay-kitchen sex, but it was the last easy out for both of them.

Also gave Zarah a casual fling too before leaving her. She really can't complain after that.

I gave the house to Elaine anyway because she kept asking for it.

I mean, she'll probably reject me later on and leave me with nothing -- but I just felt like handing the house over to her.

I honestly hope that the game devs don't make me suffer for all this later, however.

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
Mr. Friendly said:
"I took The Don's "If Elaine knew she would have murdered me" as a reference to Bella. To me if Elaine found out that Dickhead Don had been "dicking" Bella that would have resulted in the most extreme reaction. Anyone else and she would have walked away (since she isn't into sharing) but her sister having an affair with her "man" would have been the ultimate betrayal. That's just my opinion."

You may be right, I just felt that Elaine, being someone who wouldn't share, would go nuclear on any woman cheating with her boyfriend (in addition to going nuclear on the boyfriend). Some of you out there may find out first-hand about that.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
As the reading of the will approaches, Bella knows her hours are numbered with Elaine as soon as the latter discovers that she is Bella the golddigger and that as soon as the reading of the will approached she ran away from Mc to the beach house. Monica cannot be she has offered to help Mc and told him that the house is at his disposal if the reading of the will should cause trouble for Mc. Since Zara has not known Monica for many years and especially Donald did not live near Monica, so it would be difficult for Zara to be the dizzy despite the last name. As I have always said we can have fun making the most strange and numerous assumptions, but they will remain as such until the reading of the will confirms or disproves them. It pains me to think that three more updates and it will end something that has enthralled us as no other game had ever done before, just look at the number of posts All that remains is to thank as of now The diabolical Trio Cheeky, Ace and Cell , Thanks.

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I've gone with the rejection/friend-with-benefits/guilt-sex route, and nothing bad had happened as a result.

I ghosted Zarah and broke up with Monica right at the end because I wanted good chemistry

when we took photos together and when we went to the theme park. I saw it as "doing her a solid." XD

I lost out on the mommy-roleplay-kitchen sex, but it was the last easy out for both of them.

Also gave Zarah a casual fling too before leaving her. She really can't complain after that.

I gave the house to Elaine anyway because she kept asking for it.

I mean, she'll probably reject me later on and leave me with nothing -- but I just felt like handing the house over to her.

I honestly hope that the game devs don't make me suffer for all this later, however.
Dude. You banged Monica, Zarah and Elaine... haven't you suffered enough already?

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
As the reading of the will approaches, Bella knows her hours are numbered with Elaine as soon as the latter discovers that she is Bella the golddigger and that as soon as the reading of the will approached she ran away from Mc to the beach house. Monica cannot be she has offered to help Mc and told him that the house is at his disposal if the reading of the will should cause trouble for Mc. Since Zara has not known Monica for many years and especially Donald did not live near Monica, so it would be difficult for sessa Zara to be the dizzy despite the last name. As I have always said we can have fun making the most starne and numerous assumptions, but they will remain as such until the reading of the will confirms or disproves them. It pains me to think that three more updates and it will end something that has enthralled us as no other game had ever done before, just look at the number of posts All that remains is to thank as of now The diabolical Trio Cheeky, Ace and Cell , Thanks.
I stand by my theory, that there is something up with the Beach House. Because if you look back with Bella, she has been trying really hard to stay in that Beach House.

And the security telling the MC that "Elaine" was trying to sneak in there. Even if that was actually Elaine? Or someone just using her name? Doesn't really matter, but the question is why?

Did the MC's dad give his son, some kind of advantage by making sure he got that Beach House? And what could possibly be so important there?

Maybe there's like a hidden safe or something, with blackmail stuff in it? Maybe there's a secret will left there? I'm not sure?

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I stand by my theory, that there is something up with the Beach House. Because if you look back with Bella, she has been trying really hard to stay in that Beach House.

And the security telling the MC that "Elaine" was trying to sneak in there. Even if that was actually Elaine? Or someone just using her name? Doesn't really matter, but the question is why?

Did the MC's dad give his son, some kind of advantage by making sure he got that Beach House? And what could possibly be so important there?

Maybe there's like a hidden safe or something, with blackmail stuff in it? Maybe there's a secret will left there? I'm not sure?
All the art is stolen and painted over masterworks (Picasso, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Da Vinci {possible even a code there}). It is worth billions and billions of bitcoins.

• Haha
Reactions: acewinz

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

now I don't remember precisely the words but some connection between the house and the third heir seems to me to have been made explicit in past chapters

and in fact the question of security is hardly linear, they stop Elaine but no one stops Bella (and in general they have never stopped anyone before, not even Katie and her friends), I would consider it more uan poetic license than evidence of anything

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018

All the art is stolen and painted over masterworks (Picasso, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Da Vinci {possible even a code there}). It is worth billions and billions of bitcoins.
I confess, it was all about the expensive wine.

now I don't remember precisely the words but some connection between the house and the third heir seems to me to have been made explicit in past chapters

and in fact the question of security is hardly linear, they stop Elaine but no one stops Bella (and in general they have never stopped anyone before, not even Katie and her friends), I would consider it more uan poetic license than evidence of anything

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes