acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
thats at least a good thing i guess. though if she is inside all the time and meant to be pale just make her pale not gray :D as its really conflicts with the overal tone of the game (at least to me). think about it for maybe an update when time allows it or when the game is almost finished and your attaching finishing touches ;) just think about it thats all. have since started the game and so far it does really look good. even though i am totally not used to this style of faces in games.
you cant say its not a tiny bit conflicting with the other girls right ?
All of that is planned, we just aren't going to deal with it till we finish the game. The transition is pretty smooth and even realistic if you give it a chance.

Reactions: CloudJumper

blobbo66

Apr 13, 2022
have since started the game and so far it does really look good. even though i am totally not used to this style of faces in games.
Ive played a ton of these games and "Where the heart is" is by far my favourite, its full of drama, intrigue, mystery a great story......ah fuck it, theres a lot of sex, katie, milfs, a sexy 4 way with "a willy for lily"(best. line. ever!! Thank you ace), did i mention katie.....oh and her sexy little minx of a sister jenna :p

Seriously though its a great game, the dev team have done an amazing job, i honestly think you'll enjoy it.

blobbo66

Apr 13, 2022
you cant say its not a tiny bit conflicting with the other girls right ?
There is a reason behind that but i aint gonna spoil anything for you, remember the dev team were still learning at the time but honestly with Jenna's progress i guarantee you wont be displeased. she's one of my favourite characters alongside katie :love:

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
There is a reason behind that but i aint gonna spoil anything for you, remember the dev team were still learning at the time but honestly with Jenna's progress i guarantee you wont be displeased. she's one of my favourite characters alongside katie :love:
Its most likely because she is indoors so much and its resembling pale skin but there still is a difference between pale and gray xd have seen an image of the progress so i am continuing. Though i did hit something unusual.(might be explain itself soon but no time to continue)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

blobbo66

Apr 13, 2022
Its most likely because she is indoors so much and its resembling pale skin but there still is a difference between pale and gray xd have seen an image of the progress so i am continuing. Though i did hit something unusual.(might be explain itself soon but no time to continue)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Again as for the grey it was still a learning curve for the devs but it gets sorted you just have to look past it for the time being, i honestly didnt think it looked that bad, her transition makes it all worth it. She is very smart as you'll notice but i personally think that because she is a hermit she's not so street smart, so she seems to have a bit of naivety to start with certain things.

Reactions: taylorg88

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Again as for the grey it was still a learning curve for the devs but it gets sorted you just have to look past it for the time being, i honestly didnt think it looked that bad, her transition makes it all worth it. She is very smart as you'll notice but i personally think that because she is a hermit she's not so street smart, so she seems to have a bit of naivety to start with certain things.
A learning curve that was corrected (kind of unfortunately). The greyish that was used probably wasn't the best idea but I like pale skin myself. It set her apart for me in the beginning. She's still my favorite but I miss zombie girl, I even told her that I preferred it.

Another learning curve is obviously the animations. They get so much better it's hard to look at the first ones. I'm hoping that after it's done the older ones are brought up to the same level, especially Debbie and Wanda's first. Those two are the worst I think.

I also don't personally care for the very third person renders that have been starting. It's just a personal preference but it's much more immersive for me in first person. All the birds eye kissing and almost the entire sex scene with Angel may as well have just been another character in the the game, not the player. That's how it is for me anyway. I almost expected Natasha to actually show a picture of the MC's face. I'm glad she didn't.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hi! From your comments, I presume you're one of the developers of the game. I don't know if someone commented about it before, but I think I caught a bug: I'm not pursuing any relationship with Monica, but, after the movie session, when I'm with Katie later that night, she shows up dressed as a nurse and my relationship with all of them is over. I don't think this should happen if I'm not having an affair with Monica, so I'm just reporting it. Other than that, keep up with the excellent work. It's one of my favorite games and the best-crafted story I've seen around here. Cheers!
not sure how did you manage to achieve that:LUL:
in my plathrough mc even fucks monica dressed up as a nurse (while waiting for katie), and with katie everything remains as peachy as ever.

???????????

Jun 12, 2018
Hi! From your comments, I presume you're one of the developers of the game. I don't know if someone commented about it before, but I think I caught a bug: I'm not pursuing any relationship with Monica, but, after the movie session, when I'm with Katie later that night, she shows up dressed as a nurse and my relationship with all of them is over. I don't think this should happen if I'm not having an affair with Monica, so I'm just reporting it. Other than that, keep up with the excellent work. It's one of my favorite games and the best-crafted story I've seen around here. Cheers!
I had that happen to me but only when I had the cheekyGimp mod installed when I removed it the Katie scene proceeded like normal without Monica appearing.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Yup, that bug is fixed in the updated version, which is hosted on our patreon.

Reactions: The Japanese

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Yup, that bug is fixed in the updated version, which is hosted on our patreon.
And here I am... looking at the script file trying to figure out what goes wrong in that scene and then sloppily editing the script so that scene can no longer trigger if Katie is with the MC in the room. I am not even a modder (I was a web developer in a different life though, so variables etc don't scare me). That such a complex game has relatively few bugs is impressive.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
And here I am... looking at the script file trying to figure out what goes wrong in that scene and then sloppily editing the script so that scene can no longer trigger if Katie is with the MC in the room. I am not even a modder (I was a web developer in a different life though, so variables etc don't scare me). That such a complex game has relatively few bugs is impressive.
I'll sometimes create a green colour variable...
Python:
default grn="{color=#0F0}"
and then go through the code searching for "menu:" and then adding that colour to the correct choice after examining the variables, so if you had a menu that was like...

Python:
menu:
    "Accept her offer.":
        #stuff happens here
    "Reject her offer."
        #more stuff happens here
And if the second choice was the best one, I would alter it like:
Python:
menu:
    "Accept her offer.":
        #stuff happens here
    "[grn]Reject her offer."
        #more stuff happens here
...and when I play it, it is in green. Simple, works well, no outside mods needed. Most games are fairly simple to figure out this way.

Reactions: Geralt_R

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
it being a learning curve is the whole reason i am staying with the game and suggest it as a update later on ;)

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
I'll sometimes create a green colour variable...
Yes, it's not rocket science :D

But your approach would also spoil things maybe, so I usually don't look at the script files unless something goes wrong or I encounter content I really don't like - not in this game, but another game I played resulted in a scene that came out of nowhere based on how many points you have with a character, I rolled back, saved, quit, edited the script, nasty scene was gone, which was completely out of left field, was never talked about after and never even referenced, no idea what the dev was thinking here ;). It just made no sense. So in these instances I may have a look at the script. But this doesn't happen often.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Thanks, we do our best. It also helps if players are playing our most updated version, F95 has a habit of only updating for our initial releases and not any following bug fixes.

Even so, there are things we don't catch or end up expanding later requiring some questions occasionally. You see most of that in the quickstart though.

Reactions: snakeplisskin

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
Thanks, we do our best. It also helps if players are playing our most updated version, F95 has a habit of only updating for our initial releases and not any following bug fixes.

Even so, there are things we don't catch or end up expanding later requiring some questions occasionally. You see most of that in the quickstart though.
If they are not reported the thread won't be updated

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Yes, it's not rocket science :D

But your approach would also spoil things maybe, so I usually don't look at the script files unless something goes wrong or I encounter content I really don't like - not in this game, but another game I played resulted in a scene that came out of nowhere based on how many points you have with a character, I rolled back, saved, quit, edited the script, nasty scene was gone, which was completely out of left field, was never talked about after and never even referenced, no idea what the dev was thinking here ;). It just made no sense. So in these instances I may have a look at the script. But this doesn't happen often.
Yeah, I always do a normal play through and I don't always do this, mainly for games I have replayed. I have also, on rare occasions, added in code at the start to disable the walkthrough like...

Python:
"Enable Walkthrough?"
menu:
    "Yes":
        default grn = "{color=#0f0}"
    "No":
         default grn = ""

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

It might help if you added some sort of rev number to the release. It's difficult to tell if one copy of a given episode is more recent than another copy when they both have the same name. Even within the game there's rev or patch number, just the total number of episodes available.

Reactions: Meushi

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
I just changed that line that was on "Episode21.rpy" file (line 5481 on my editor) from this:
I tried that, for some weird reason I still got that scene. I even dabbled with the "Mdate" variable... still got that scene. Must be my permutation of the story. I just excised it entirely from the script to get the intended Katie scene (I also ditched Monica, so that created no issues for me) and things were good after that.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
It might help if you added some sort of rev number to the release. It's difficult to tell if one copy of a given episode is more recent than another copy when they both have the same name. Even within the game there's rev or patch number, just the total number of episodes available.
I think Cheeky prefers with just going by timestamps and notifying patreons when there is a patch.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes