Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
I hate to be that guy, but I have to ask:

What are the chances of you all of ever making a game that plays exactly like Rogue-Like: Evolution in the future? Somewhat low? No chance? I'm genuinely asking because that game (and its imitator, Project Redacted) has always had production problems. So far, that's been the only game of it's kind that I've seen.

Almost all other corruption trainers I've played pale in comparison.

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I hate to be that guy, but I have to ask:

What are the chances of you all of ever making a game that plays exactly like Rogue-Like: Evolution in the future? Somewhat low? No chance? I'm genuinely asking because that game (and its imitator, Project Redacted) has always had production problems. So far, that's been the only game of it's kind that I've seen.

Almost every other corruption trainers I've played pale in comparison.
Not high, enjoyed that one, but trainers generally aren't our thing.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Ahh, playing again that ep. 13 breafast scene and laughing)
I thought MC Will be separated from his Balls at first))

Reactions: acewinz

DaFlurbIsHere

Jun 3, 2022
So... Theresa for the hidden mistress & Dogboy for your halfbrother?

What I didn't enjoy: being forced to go to the beach with Katie & her bitches. TWICE. In my head Katie & MC really dislike each other (REALLY dislike each other) and mean all of the insults. So hanging out with her is the last thing I/he'd want to do.

What I did enjoy very much: being able to reject/shut down everybody except Jenna all through the game. I'm glad the game gave me the opportunity to choose who I wanted and to push everyone else away - though it was a bit weird how they all kept on trying while I//MC shut & shot them down in pretty rude ways again and again. They should have taken the hint way sooner (and IRL most of them would have never spoken to MC again).

Ep 22 felt pretty much like a finale to me - you choose your final girl(s?), several girls are out of the picture forever (yay), and the big decision at the lawyer's office is made deciding your financial future. I don't quite see what else we're waiting for to be revealed?

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018

What I didn't enjoy: being forced to go to the beach with Katie & her bitches. TWICE. In my head Katie & MC really dislike each other (REALLY dislike each other) and mean all of the insults. So hanging out with her is the last thing I/he'd want to do.

What I did enjoy very much: being able to reject/shut down everybody except Jenna all through the game. I'm glad the game gave me the opportunity to choose who I wanted and to push everyone else away - though it was a bit weird how they all kept on trying while I//MC shut & shot them down in pretty rude ways again and again. They should have taken the hint way sooner (and IRL most of them would have never spoken to MC again).

Ep 22 felt pretty much like a finale to me - you choose your final girl(s?), several girls are out of the picture forever (yay), and the big decision at the lawyer's office is made deciding your financial future. I don't quite see what else we're waiting for to be revealed?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
In my head Katie & MC really dislike each other (REALLY dislike each other) and mean all of the insults. So hanging out with her is the last thing I/he'd want to do.
I mean, you write yourself, that it's in your head. Katie and the MC are friends, whether you have a relationship with her or not.
I mean, head canon is fine and all, lord knows I got some of them myself, but saying you didn't like something because it doesn't fit your head canon, which goes against the official story, that just seems silly.
It's like saying, "in my head, Teresa has the head of a giraffe and Monica only wears tuxedos, and I find it disappointing that's not the case in the game." :)

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
I mean, you write yourself, that it's in your head. Katie and the MC are friends, whether you have a relationship with her or not.
I mean, head canon is fine and all, lord knows I got some of them myself, but saying you didn't like something because it doesn't fit your head canon, which goes against the official story, that just seems silly.
It's like saying, "in my head, Teresa has the head of a giraffe and Monica only wears tuxedos, and I find it disappointing that's not the case in the game." :)
Monica is a cougar, not a penguin. And Teresa is a harpy, not a giraffe. And that's not just my head canon talking, but my lower cannon too!

• Haha

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
I actually agree with DaFlurbIsHere's post.

That's part of the freedom this game presents.

However, if I were to ever become a creative director of a sex game, I would fuse this with Rogue-Like: Evolution.

Every time you level up, a new chapter would take place. In between chapters, you can do the corruption thing.

It wouldn't be narratively cohesive, but that doesn't matter. We're here to fap. The story still -- comes -- second.

It would be unstoppable. Ultimate Freedom.

I just hope AceWinz doesn't mind me blatantly ripping off his work and then crudely pasting it onto Marvel and DC girls.

Besides, there's almost no men in Where The Heart Is, regardless,

so they can just as easily be edited out or sex-swapped for fap purposes.

• Haha

dempun

Dec 3, 2021

At this point, we're waiting for the elusive "Dizzy" to be revealed, and the eventual decision on whether or not we cut off Monica, Katie, and Jenna. (Of course, the Dev has taken out some of the importance of that decision with the inclusion of the 2nd house.) I believe once that happens, the game will go into the ending based on that decision.

I wouldn't be too quick to think several girls are out of the picture forever, however. Natasha comes back some time after your encounter at her party, and in a big way.

Reactions: JJsaint

Simargl

Mar 29, 2018
For some reason, I stopped following the project altogether. Remind me please, who will we see in the next update?

gears

Aug 27, 2016
new patreon post, I am assuming the rest of the post reads this month not this week but it could be either from the locked preview. Its a bit disappointing that it went from august (which is why the links were sent out early I assume), early to mid September and now before the end of the month.

Reactions: PeraDrnda

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
new patreon post, I am assuming the rest of the post reads this month not this week but it could be either from the locked preview. Its a bit disappointing that it went from august (which is why the links were sent out early I assume), early to mid September and now before the end of the month.
If you followed closely, August was always a stretch goal (a long one as it turns out). Our aim was always early to mid-September, but even so, we as usual released the links for our patreons last month if they wanted to pause for awhile and still get the update when we drop it.

We were on course till Cheeky's day job sent him abroad for several weeks, and it was my mistake that I assumed he was going to be able to get more done while he was abroad in his off hours than he was able too. I was unaware that the places he went had some pretty strict protocols about what personal electronics he was allowed. He basically only had his work laptop and phone, and WTHI was never going to be on his work laptop.

So thinking we were still on course for release around now before he got back was on me. But we are still going to make this month because we are putting in the work, and the episode is going to be the largest we have ever released... again. And we are delving into 3 new things that are all firsts for WTHI, that may or may not tickle anyone's fancy, but even if they don't... the plot developments should knock some socks off.

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020
If you followed closely, August was always a stretch goal (a long one as it turns out). Our aim was always early to mid-September, but even so, we as usual released the links for our patreons last month if they wanted to pause for awhile and still get the update when we drop it.

We were on course till Cheeky's day job sent him abroad for several weeks, and it was my mistake that I assumed he was going to be able to get more done while he was abroad in his off hours than he was able too. I was unaware that the places he went had some pretty strict protocols about what personal electronics he was allowed. He basically only had his work laptop and phone, and WTHI was never going to be on his work laptop.

So thinking we were still on course for release around now before he got back was on me. But we are still going to make this month because we are putting in the work, and the episode is going to be the largest we have ever released... again. And we are delving into 3 new things that are all firsts for WTHI, that may or may not tickle anyone's fancy, but even if they don't... the plot developments should knock some socks off.
Do you guys think you added Theresa too late into the story? It doesn't seem she'll get much more attention before the end of the game.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes