Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Another Thought: we going to get a remake of
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Because i might Have the Mc hit that LOL
I think she should be an option. LMAO... I found some of her assets the other day ironically and remembered her and was laughing to myself at possible renders I could do. I just couldn't remember which game she was from, you just helped <evil laugh> :devilish:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
As you can see the current in game image is a complete different mental image and story line than the new one. The new story line is a better visual but a different story is told in each image.
You make a very good point. When I said Monica looked rough, I meant more the render quality, not her actual appearance. I think somewhere in the middle would be better, given the story. She shouldn't look like she is flaunting her body when you first meet her again, since part of the enjoyment of the game is slowly seeing her come out of her conservative shell.

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
You make a very good point. When I said Monica looked rough, I meant more the render quality, not her actual appearance. I think somewhere in the middle would be better, given the story. She shouldn't look like she is flaunting her body when you first meet her again, since part of the enjoyment of the game is slowly seeing her come out of her conservative shell.
Imagine if this is her true conservative side what cloths will be left off. oops I mean on

• Haha
Reactions: DaimonFey

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
By Cheeky's own post (last post in patreon, not the one shared here) it isn't likely, at all, that they are going to finish the re-do in the two months they set themselves for it. Which of course everyone, but their mother, had already told him, when he started the whole thing.
Now, he was asked: "If you can't manage the re-do in 2 months, and then will go back to the next chapter, isn't the whole thing completely pointless, by your own reasoning?"

To explain, the point was, that he wanted to prep the game for a steam release to make more money, because the patreon alone, considering his and Cell's working hours, wasn't even giving them a halfway decent "wage."
But if he can't finish the re-do and publish the game on steam, he won't get the money, so basically we will just have lost two months of coming closer to finishing the game, for no monetary gain (maybe it's even worse, no idea, if he hasn't even lost a few supporters due to this).

As an answer to this, he wrote:
"The reasons for working on the re-do remain the same as when I started. If I miss my own re-do deadline, I don't want to push out ep24 further, as I already told people I would re-commence on it next month and don't want to postpone indefinitely. If I get steam release done on time, then my plan will have worked. If not...well, don't hold it against me...people try stuff and fail all the time. Best case: Everything goes as planned. Worst case scenario: ep24 has been postponed for two months (but I gave everyone notice that this would happen) and I re-commence work on it next month as I committed. We make two months progress on the re-do, a much better understanding of what's required to re-do and after ep24 is released we switch back to the re-do with a LOT of work done and a lot more knowledge. So not a major failing in my book. If we never try stuff, then we will never succeed at anything."

Am I losing my mind or is this the first time that he mentioned, stopping development on the final chapters AGAIN, after 24 finally releases?

That is exactly what me and others feared. The re-do being the reason for delay after delay.
It's seriously driving me up the walls, how this plays out exactly like all the other games that entered re-do hell and never got out of it.
I mean, we are already at the point where a second delay will almost certainly happen.
The plans have also evolved, if you follow what he's writing about the re-do, from changing the first ten episodes, to up until episode 17-18, as he has said, that this is where they had changed all the models that needed changing.
And of course, considering how much they changed the look of the house, that too will have to be changed for the whole game, not just the first 10-12 chapters, which means the scope of the re-do gets bigger and bigger, again, just like everyone feared.

Can Cheeky really be so blind? Does he follow other dev's struggle so little, that he doesn't know this same story has played out dozens of times?

I try to stay positive, I see how enthusiastic they are about the re-do, but for me each news like this, just feels like another nail in the coffin.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
After all these bad news, I don't even want to speculate anymore, but considering the topic over the last few pages.

TBH, at the beginning I wanted a foursome with Monica, Jenna and Katie like crazy, and fuck the realism, but at this point, considering Monica's character and to a lesser extent Katie's, it's just not possible, really.
Monica would hate the MC, the moment she discovers he has been banging her AND her daughters. Maybe not while she was drunk, but the next day for sure, and that's not even going into how Cheeky has moved from the idea that Monica has no scruples once she gets drunk and has her cut back on the drinking in the re-do.

No, I'm fine with the MC having an option for a few polyamory relationships, maybe even a big one with Katie and friends plus Jenna and maybe one or two others, Monica and Zarah and perhaps one or two other side girls, Jenna and a few others like Jo etc..
That's enough to keep my different outcomes down to maybe 3-5 AND if Cheeky can give us a dream-like full on harem as an imaginary ending, that would be icing on the cake.

At this point, I just want to see the game finished at all, tbh. but yeah, the writing, the characters, there's just NO WAY to tell a believable story that includes Monica and her daughters in one relationship.
It wouldn't make sense.

mrdhrrflu

Dec 15, 2021
By Cheeky's own post (last post in patreon, not the one shared here) it isn't likely, at all, that they are going to finish the re-do in the two months they set themselves for it. Which of course everyone, but their mother, had already told him, when he started the whole thing.
Now, he was asked: "If you can't manage the re-do in 2 months, and then will go back to the next chapter, isn't the whole thing completely pointless, by your own reasoning?"

To explain, the point was, that he wanted to prep the game for a steam release to make more money, because the patreon alone, considering his and Cell's working hours, wasn't even giving them a halfway decent "wage."
But if he can't finish the re-do and publish the game on steam, he won't get the money, so basically we will just have lost two months of coming closer to finishing the game, for no monetary gain (maybe it's even worse, no idea, if he hasn't even lost a few supporters due to this).

As an answer to this, he wrote:
"The reasons for working on the re-do remain the same as when I started. If I miss my own re-do deadline, I don't want to push out ep24 further, as I already told people I would re-commence on it next month and don't want to postpone indefinitely. If I get steam release done on time, then my plan will have worked. If not...well, don't hold it against me...people try stuff and fail all the time. Best case: Everything goes as planned. Worst case scenario: ep24 has been postponed for two months (but I gave everyone notice that this would happen) and I re-commence work on it next month as I committed. We make two months progress on the re-do, a much better understanding of what's required to re-do and after ep24 is released we switch back to the re-do with a LOT of work done and a lot more knowledge. So not a major failing in my book. If we never try stuff, then we will never succeed at anything."

Am I losing my mind or is this the first time that he mentioned, stopping development on the final chapters AGAIN, after 24 finally releases?

That is exactly what me and others feared. The re-do being the reason for delay after delay.
It's seriously driving me up the walls, how this plays out exactly like all the other games that entered re-do hell and never got out of it.
I mean, we are already at the point where a second delay will almost certainly happen.
The plans have also evolved, if you follow what he's writing about the re-do, from changing the first ten episodes, to up until episode 17-18, as he has said, that this is where they had changed all the models that needed changing.
And of course, considering how much they changed the look of the house, that too will have to be changed for the whole game, not just the first 10-12 chapters, which means the scope of the re-do gets bigger and bigger, again, just like everyone feared.

Can Cheeky really be so blind? Does he follow other dev's struggle so little, that he doesn't know this same story has played out dozens of times?

I try to stay positive, I see how enthusiastic they are about the re-do, but for me each news like this, just feels like another nail in the coffin.
I hope we'll see an end to this... As you stated before once it enters this cycle of redo and then remake of the redo and so on, unfortunately we've seen this movie played out so many times before, take NCC as an example... I hope it's not the end of the game...

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
So, normal game development is like making a movie. You can make things out of order, go back and reshoot stuff as needed, even totally scrap scenes or rewrite the script. No one gets to see it until the thing is done, so you don't need to work on things in order.

Patreon game development should be more like making a TV show. You do it episode by episode, and once the episode is done and aired you can't go back and change it. Maybe it wasn't the way you want it, maybe you realize later on you could've done it better a different way... but you just need to roll with it.

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
Weather you do or don't want the upgrade its happening. I look forward to it, I do like to challenge the reason for the changes. so far we have seen a better Home for Monica and the girls, one that matches the original intent of the story line. clothing is changing along with a few other things as in lighting. this I think serves two purposes one the new platform the game is to be available on, and the current software for the game development has improved to meet the skill level of the Developer and team. and they can now provide the game they originally want us to see.

Yes we all know this! but no matter our chatter here we cant change the choice of the DEV.
CheekyGimp Eludes to possible story lines of non-cannon to give us a chance to get a outcome that we may want to see for the Mc and the Ladies. so sit back play the game again and wait for the new scenes to come to us.

Reactions: ghostrider4570

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
(stuff)
Patreon game development should be more like making a TV show. You do it episode by episode, and once the episode is done and aired you can't go back and change it. Maybe it wasn't the way you want it, maybe you realize later on you could've done it better a different way... but you just need to roll with it.
That's actually not the case.
With a TV show, there is no real alternative market for your work, like Steam et al, like there is with a Patreon game. Also, if the game were like a TV show, it wouldn't have made it far into the first season, as the product was so bad. The dev was still learning his craft, and you don't get to learn your craft on national television, either.
I don't have an analogy for Patreon game development (maybe there isn't one), but Cheeky is trying his best, I think, to open up new revenue streams without completely alienating his current streams. I'm content to sit back and hope for the best.

Reactions: ghostrider4570
Jan 24, 2022
Looking forward to the update and the upgrade. The story and renders are good and can only see it all getting better. Would have liked to have seen some swinging/sharing in the story line especially with Monica but it is what it is.

4.30 star(s) 326 Votes