Mcclane101

Apr 18, 2018
I will add that this is the most choice driven game I've played through this site, and something like that seems work intensive. And, the depth that the characters have also takes alot of work. I'm chomping at the bit to see how this game turns out, but I hope the devs take all the time they need, because the last thing I want is for them to sacrifice quality for speed.

twofacejoker

Sep 18, 2022
All I can say is don't get your hopes up I mean nobody actually know when the next update to WTHI will come out.

I mean do what I do focus on other games and their updates that's where if WTHI next episode and final are finish the surprise will be sweet.

Reactions: vylinor and VOYEUR

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
All I can say is don't get your hopes up I mean nobody actually know when the next update to WTHI will come out.

I mean do what I do focus on other games and their updates that's where if WTHI next episode and final are finish the surprise will be sweet.
That's also why I plan to replay some of my favorite AVN's from time to time as well when im not checking out new ones.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Only just seen the 'on hold' tag (not that I was really looking).
How long has it been on hold. I last played ep22 so not done 23 as yet, but if this is going to be an on-hold running into an abandoned then I may just not bother with 23

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
How long has it been on hold. I last played ep22 so not done 23 as yet, but if this is going to be an on-hold running into an abandoned then I may just not bother with 23
I saw a post a week or 2 ago and it looks like a new update shouldn't be to long a month or 2 tops but I could be wrong I recently discovered this game around then.

charlesrich

May 30, 2021
I'd just wait the couple of weeks and start a game from the beginning since the game will be essentially finished except rework which you may or may not care about. I can't remember like any of the game now other than the premise and the large looming decisons/reveals.
It's not like you'd be restarting Skyrim plus you can appreciate the finished game as a finished product

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

Hi folks,

Just a very short update in what should (hopefully) be my last progress report on episode 24. And I don't mean last because I'm throwing in the towel, I mean last because hopefully my next update is the actual release itself.

We found a couple of issues over the weekend during the QC testing (thanks QC team) and this always worries me and makes me do many, many more replays and re-tests. In 17,000 lines, having a single error (incorrect sign or variable name) can end up breaking the whole game, or in the case of one of the errors we found, skipping a whole scene. I have ironed out all of the problems we found, but I'll still be spending a bit of time this week testing and re-testing, in addition to writing. (Trying to turn any unfound errors into found errors).

Current Status: 90% fully complete and fully tested. 6% fully complete but untested. 4 % left to write (artwork complete).

Usually when we get to 100% complete and tested, there is a lot of post-work to be completed (scene transitions, link-ups, max score calculations, updating the questions & variables for the start any episode/quick start section) all of which can add anything from a week or two, but I've been doing these for each scene as I complete them (rather than leave everything until the end), so that part won't be an issue.

I'm not going to estimate a specific day, because if I get it wrong, this can aggravate some people....but we're very close. And for some people who have stated that it won't be out until October or November, I can categorically say that is incorrect and it will be released in September, barring my death! :)

And in good news, Cell's work is 100% complete, so if he dies... Meh! (Only joking Cell - I loves ya).

If anyone wants to volunteer to beta test what we currently have, please send me a DM. We could always do with another set of eyes to check it out. I won't be able to send a beta version to a LOT of you (assuming we get a lot of volunteers), because I'm always worried about some asshole publishing a beta version on a pirate site and then people think this beta is an official release and send me hate if they find an error or if the episode ends abruptly at the 90% mark. At this stage, I am resigned to the fact that every release will get pirated, so that's not my concern. I just don't want a beta version getting pirated. So trusted (i.e. longer term patrons) will get priority for beta testing. Send me a DM, not a comment if you want the beta. (You need to be familiar with doing a manual install copy/paste).

Thanks,
CG

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
With episode 24, if the graphics and render quality isn't changed to something like being a dik's level, what's the point of having a game in production since 2018?
I feel render quality is somewhat subjective as not everyone is going to be able to tell the difference the same when it's close enough in quality. Honestly only the start of the game looks kinda bad but is gets way better over time. Not sure what chapter the quality improved but I feel like it got pretty good or decent at the very least after a certain. Especially the last 2-3 chapters looked way better than the rest of the game. So id say the quality had at least 3 - 4 jumps in render improvement.

Also graphics and render quality isn't everything sure it's nice to have it be S tier quality but as long as it's pretty good or decent for the most part it doesn't matter. What matters the most is story and characters. Also I feel it's better to get the story out there and complete and then go back and rework lower quality chapters for the sake development time. Tho I guess this point is just my opinion but I feel like it's a valid opinion while not everyone going to agree with it I think alot would.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes