MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's what I thought, big groupings always look fucking moronic and would never work while Monica, Katie and Jenna goes against everything all of them have said.

Not liking that at all.
Way back when I came on here and annoyed the shit out of you by insisting that a Harem ending would "totally" make sense... And now I have to say I was absolutely wrong. I've played this game multiple times since then and I have settled on two runs - 1) Monica and 2) Katie.

The idea of Monica being okay with permanently sharing the MC with Zarah doesn't seem to fit her personality, a one off drunk threesome? Maybe. Katie seems even less likely to be willing to permanently share considering how jealous she can act. Even the idea of a foursome seems unlikely considering her jealous nature.

But I'm not the dev so what do I know?

So, separate yet equal groups? I'll take it. (y)

As long as one of those options is a relationship with Jenna, a relationship with Monica & Zarah, and a relationship with Katie, Debbie, and Lily, then I'll be happy. :giggle: Don't mind losing the rest.

Considering she was 100% hot for Lily before he arrived, so yeah, I'd say he was.
I just don't see how they would agree to it. I mean some of the individuals may be willing to share with other individuals but, once again, not on a permanent basis. Of course the ending could be less realistic in terms of relationships but it would be disappointing.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
You are looking at it through rose colored glasses. At what point does it seem like the dad has anyone's best interest in mind. He is still trying to screw over everyone that meant anything to him. There is a hook for Elaine to keep the house, there is a hook for Elaine to get the money (which is separate), there is a hook for the MC to get the money. Up to this point all of those hooks have had those people destroying their happiness to achieve money (assuming that Elaine's terms are to sever all communication with the MC, as is likely from the way the dickhead works). Need to look at what could be most damaging to the potential characters, then i think we have a clue.
That's fair. I still think the MC is his main focus, he wants the MC to start choosing money over anything and not run to Monica. I don't think Monica is in the will fwiw. Katie or Jenna could be. It's very confusing.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Having a harem at all is the problem.

For personal reasons it means I lied to people for months based on something I read which pisses me off. Did that once before, fucked if i'm doing it again.

For story reasons it literally goes against everything in the narrative except 1 person.

Jenna is the only one that would fit a harem and a solo harem is a bit silly. She is the only one that has specifically stated she likes to watch him with others and wouldn't be bothered.

2 girls have stated they will not share at all so making Lily or Bella as main LI makes any sort of sharing silly or those paths need retconning.

Katie has put the blocks on anything to do with Jenna and her mother, Monica also put the block on anything to do with her kids.

The idea of an old fashioned girl like Elaine sharing could possibly work small scale but anything bigger is just ridiculous.

The idea of any of them going above 4 people, and that only works for a specific 4 people and even that's a pish going by Katie's outbursts and nearly getting violent with her friends over it.

The numbers are one thing but the narrative doesn't back it.

Semi realistic was mentioned and as far as the narrative goes there is no way of making larger groups and keeping it semi realistic. There is no way Monica is okay with sharing when it involves her kids and keeping it semi realistic. It would need a lot of deus ex mechina style magical maggufin bollocks to make any of that work.

That was my problem many months ago before I was told no harem and why I stopped playing way back then. I started playing when the harem thing was cleared up and things made sense again.

Now i'm reading that things aren't going to make any sense again or there are going to be complete personality shifts in order for endings to "fit", I won't say make sense because they don't.

What you pointed out points to a lot of things happening I personally don't like the sound of at all and makes everything i've said for the past month or so a complete lie. I believed what I was told and and went by that and argued that case now evidence says I was a fucking idiot for listening

It wasn't implied, I was told no harem.

Some of the groups that have been pointed out just look ridiculous to me based on narrative and a direction i'm not liking.

Rather than me keep repeating what numbers say is a lie i'll apologise to those i've argued with, it seems I was very wrong
Hehe. You don't have to worry about us changing to a harem even based on patreon demand. Despite appreciating the occasional baby making harem incest game myself (Sisterly Lust IE), it just doesn't fit for WTHI. The closest Cheeky and I agreed to go,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I just don't see how they would agree to it. I mean some of the individuals may be willing to share with other individuals but, once again, not on a permanent basis. Of course the ending could be less realistic in terms of relationships but it would be disappointing.
My philosophy sometimes when it comes to fictional writing is that anything can make sense if you make it make sense.

In terms of the 6 women I'm most focussed on:

I even envisioned when I played this update how a conversation with Katie, Jenna, and Monica might go down if/when they find out and honestly didn't find it that hard to make it work within the context of this story. It's not that it has to be a typical h-word and I'm not saying that, but it could just be separate indviduals/groups.

Hehe. You don't have to worry about us changing to a harem even based on patreon demand. Despite appreciating the occasional baby making harem incest game myself (Sisterly Lust IE), it just doesn't fit for WTHI. The closest Cheeky and I agreed to go,
Sisterly Lust's model for the h-word wouldn't fit this game, that is true, but something like could still work.

Reactions: Vyktym76

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Sisterly Lust's model for the h-word wouldn't fit this game, that is true, but something like could still work.
Except it wouldn't and this is why I have issues with harems here.

Katie, Bella, Jolina, Lily and Jenna would all be looking to move into the beach house with him and they are all parts of different groups.

Monica, Zarah and Elaine would probably be wanting him to move in with them and, again, different groups.

Now he'd have to split his time with the other girls which fucks romance out the window because there are so many girls he'd be spending a few hours a day with one or another and a few of them would be expecting them in bed with him every night.

Lily would only take anything with Deb if you aren't on her route because on her route she wants MC and only MC while looking for advice on how to turn Deb down. Katie's route would be MC and Katie together with the occasional switch around and orgy because no way does she accept anything perma.

Monica may accept a 3some with Zarah but full time, not seeing it.

There is absolutely no way to make anything semi realistic involving multiple groups or even large groups, it just wouldn't work and would look silly as fuck.

Out of every single game on this site i've seen 2 that would work as a harem and that's Sisterly Lust and Parental Love. Both because the MC isn't the be all and end all of the relationship, the girls are all fucking each other too.

The only way it works is if the story is completely ignored and it's turned into a fuck fest because there is no narrative where anything you said works and doesn't look ridiculous.

Your version of things takes all these girls that are looking for a loving relationship and making them okay with a timeshare fuck probably once a week and spending the rest of the time on their own instead.

If you remove relationships and just make them all fuck buddies .... still wouldn't work, most of them are young and attractive and would deff meet someone else in that state, there is no way that would work long term.

I would argue all the above but just like several months ago the numbers say one thing and the devs say another so either the endings going to make sense or it's going to be a cluster fuck of nonsense.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Katie, Bella, Jolina, Lily and Jenna would all be looking to move into the beach house with him and they are all parts of different groups.

Monica, Zarah and Elaine would probably be wanting him to move in with them and, again, different groups.

Now he'd have to split his time with the other girls which fucks romance out the window because there are so many girls he'd be spending a few hours a day with one or another and a few of them would be expecting them in bed with him every night.

Lily would only take anything with Deb if you aren't on her route because on her route she wants MC and only MC while looking for advice on how to turn Deb down. Katie's route would be MC and Katie together with the occasional switch around and orgy because no way does she accept anything perma.

There is absolutely no way to make anything semi realistic involving multiple groups or even large groups, it just wouldn't work and would look silly as fuck.

Out of every single game on this site i've seen 2 that would work as a harem and that's Sisterly Lust and Parental Love. Both because the MC isn't the be all and end all of the relationship, the girls are all fucking each other too.

The only way it works is if the story is completely ignored and it's turned into a fuck fest because there is no narrative where anything you said works and doesn't look ridiculous.

Your version of things takes all these girls that are looking for a loving relationship and making them okay with a timeshare fuck probably once a week and spending the rest of the time on their own instead.

If you remove relationships and just make them all fuck buddies .... still wouldn't work, most of them are young and attractive and would deff meet someone else in that state, there is no way that would work long term.

I would argue all the above but just like several months ago the numbers say one thing and the devs say another so either the endings going to make sense or it's going to be a cluster fuck of nonsense.
There isn't going to be a harem in this game. :) Trust me on this ;)

Reactions: Vollezar

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
"She is Dizzy by NAME but not by nature" - As some have suggested, saying this could be Lily, for me has no basis.
Why not? She's the only one that's been referred to by that as a nickname and it obviously upset her if that option is chosen in dialogue during the conversation it happens. She may have very well been seeing the MC's dad in the final year or two of his life. Nothing's been brought up about how long he was cheating on elaine, just that he was.

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
So, separate yet equal groups? I'll take it. (y)

As long as one of those options is a relationship with Jenna, a relationship with Monica & Zarah, and a relationship with Katie, Debbie, and Lily, then I'll be happy. :giggle: Don't mind losing the rest.

Considering she was 100% hot for Lily before he arrived, so yeah, I'd say he was.

I wouldn't think it would be ALL groups. If anything happened it would be exclusionary.

I can understand your thought process on it though. I still give you credit for sticking to your guns.

I know I haven't followed this game as long as others, but the one thing that I learned is every time I come closer to getting an answer, someone yanks the rug out from under me.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
There isn't going to be a harem in this game. :) Trust me on this ;)
Another thing I like about this game. Normally I am either way about a harem, but I really don't mind. But in this game because of the main story having to make a choice between whom you want to pick is made that much more interesting. If you go with the will than one group can be ousted already, but do you want to bail on anyone from that group. And then of course you have no real idea who from the other group is actually trying to play you and what their end goal is.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I can understand your thought process on it though. I still give you credit for sticking to your guns.
They weren't my guns, I was backing the dev up. Devs have said no harems and no incest so I did what I could to temper people so they weren't disappointed expecting a harem.

Doesn't matter if it's all groups or just a few it still doesn't make sense to the plot and is impossible to make anything resembling semi realistic.

What i've been trying to explain isn't my thought process, it's the games narrative. Everything I say is what is presented in the game.

The reason any sort of large groupings or multiple groups looks silly as fuck is because it goes against every single thing the game has presented. The one and only way to make anything like that "make sense" is if the plot and characters are ignored and it's turned into a fuck buddy game.

One thing I have realised during this is very few people seem to give a fuck about the characters and just want sex scenes.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Based on narrative, characters and plot I agree but the numbers don't.

There is no point me keep saying there is no harem when the numbers behind the game is telling people that's exactly what it is.

I can't compete when there is evidence to the contrary.
Even if that evidence is false?

Reactions: Vollezar

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I wouldn't think it would be ALL groups. If anything happened it would be exclusionary.

I know I haven't followed this game as long as others, but the one thing that I learned is every time I come closer to getting an answer, someone yanks the rug out from under me.
At this point any group is just wishful thinking, nothing to back it up. Avaron's post nailed everything btw.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Even if that evidence is false?
People will believe false evidence over the gobby tart.

If the game is telling them it's possible they are hardly going to pay any attention to anything said on the forums.

You've already seen a few people here piss all over the story and characters to try and wrangle what they want.

Just to hammer my point, I don't believe there is a harem. Cheeky and Ace have done too well with the writing thus far to butcher it with nonsense. It wouldn't make sense to the plot or the characters and I don't for one second believe either of them would do that to a game they have worked this hard on.

The only thing left for me to do is nod and smile while people build these fictional harems and then point and laugh in their faces as I try and get enough breath between chortles to inform them I told them so.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
People will believe false evidence over the gobby tart.

If the game is telling them it's possible they are hardly going to pay any attention to anything said on the forums.

You've already seen a few people here piss all over the story and characters to try and wrangle what they want.
People always want their cake and to eat it too. But as Co-Writer/Coder I can promise there is no way a full harem will fit the story or the majority of characters. Cheeky feels the same in this regard.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
People always want their cake and to eat it too. But as Co-Writer/Coder I can promise there is no way a full harem will fit the story or the majority of characters. Cheeky feels the same in this regard.
Which is great but even mini-harem/poly relationships don't seem to fit most of the characters. Obviously, you and cheeky are the arbiters but I just don't see how some of these characters agree to share the MC on a permanent basis with other women. Sure there are women who it feels would be more willing (Debbie and Lily) but when you add Katie to the mix I don't see her being open to permanently sharing the MC.

In the beginning I thought it would be great to have a harem ending, now I feel like it would ruin the characters to even have mini-harems. Ava can be very convincing, as can you... I hope that whatever you have planned as endings don't feel cheap when we get there.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Which is great but even mini-harem/poly relationships don't seem to fit most of the characters. Obviously, you and cheeky are the arbiters but I just don't see how some of these characters agree to share the MC on a permanent basis with other women. Sure there are women who it feels would be more willing (Debbie and Lily) but when you add Katie to the mix I don't see her being open to permanently sharing the MC.

In the beginning I thought it would be great to have a harem ending, now I feel like it would ruin the characters to even have mini-harems. Ava can be very convincing, as can you... I hope that whatever you have planned as endings don't feel cheap when we get there.
If we did cheap it would be a lot easier. :) But we are gluttons for punishment I'm afraid.

Reactions: EJW and Vollezar
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes