CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Just all of them of course my good sir! :)

But no, making a logical definition of harem in this game just doesn't work......but it will NEVER stop me from trying....i just can't choose between the girls.....

And this of course: Fucking amazing game you got here, one of the absolute best!! (asskissing mode off)

And of course that I love pestering Ace :)
And just in case you anyone thinks that I was being awkward, I've seen many different interpretations of harem being used, e.g. people asking me about a Monica, Jenna, Katie harem. Or a Katie, Debbie, Lily harem....
So, in the context of a FULL Harem where MC ends up in an open relationship with ALL females and all of them know about each other and willingly share....Then I do not foresee that happening! It just wouldn't make sense even in the non-realistic world of WTHI.
However, that's as far as "canon" goes. I did mention in the past that I would consider adding in a "Complete fantasy" epilogue for those that would like to end on a harem note. It won't have a natural progression from the normal ending(s). After the game ends, this Harem alternate ending would need to come with a silly reality jump / disclaimer lead-in like "Eventually, all parties forgive MC and/or each other and end up accepting his philandering ways, etc... and they all live happily ever after...." and then some imagery to back it up. There won't be a natural (stats/decisions/dialog) way to smoothly transition to this ending (if we even decide to add it). Hopefully that makes sense? (He says as he slips on his coat and sneakily edges towards the back door...)

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
And just in case you anyone thinks that I was being awkward, I've seen many different interpretations of harem being used, e.g. people asking me about a Monica, Jenna, Katie harem. Or a Katie, Debbie, Lily harem....
So, in the context of a FULL Harem where MC ends up in an open relationship with ALL females and all of them know about each other and willingly share....Then I do not foresee that happening! It just wouldn't make sense even in the non-realistic world of WTHI.
However, that's as far as "canon" goes. I did mention in the past that I would consider adding in a "Complete fantasy" epilogue for those that would like to end on a harem note. It won't have a natural progression from the normal ending(s). After the game ends, this Harem alternate ending would need to come with a silly reality jump / disclaimer lead-in like "Eventually, all parties forgive MC and/or each other and end up accepting his philandering ways, etc... and they all live happily ever after...." and then some imagery to back it up. There won't be a natural (stats/decisions/dialog) way to smoothly transition to this ending (if we even decide to add it). Hopefully that makes sense? (He says as he slips on his coat and sneakily edges towards the back door...)
HOLY FUCK IT WORKED!

Avaron1974 are you seeing this? ;)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
HOLY FUCK IT WORKED!

I gave up on the whole harem thing.

I've been spending a lot more time on my actual games, trying to 100% AC Valhalla before Persona 5 Strikers comes out.

With the increase of "wahhh, only the MC must ever have sex so all "harem" games must be conveyer queue belt boring as fuck fests and i'll bitch and moan if any girls so much as make eye contact because all eyes must be on the MC and only the Mc and any girls not currently involved must sit around knitting waiting their turn". Add in the amount of devs catering to those tools and some of the most boring "harem" games i've ever had the misfortune to witness being released.

There are a few games i'm waiting to see the end of that are almost done but i'm all a bit "meh" about most games now.

I haven't enjoyed a harem game since SL and considering that was finished near the start of last year is saying something considering the amount of harem games released. He says his new game will be similar but we'll see, people were bitching about it already.

Then you get games I enjoy like this that people keep trying to turn into harem games and who gives a shit about characters and story when you can just make another queue system and ignore it all.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

I've been spending a lot more time on my actual games, trying to 100% AC Valhalla before Persona 5 Strikers comes out.

With the increase of "wahhh, only the MC must ever have sex so all "harem" games must be conveyer queue belt boring as fuck fests and i'll bitch and moan if any girls so much as make eye contact because all eyes must be on the MC and only the Mc and any girls not currently involved must sit around knitting waiting their turn". Add in the amount of devs catering to those tools and some of the most boring "harem" games i've ever had the misfortune to witness being released.

There are a few games i'm waiting to see the end of that are almost done but i'm all a bit "meh" about most games now.

I haven't enjoyed a harem game since SL and considering that was finished near the start of last year is saying something considering the amount of harem games released. He says his new game will be similar but we'll see, people were bitching about it already.

Then you get games I enjoy like this that people keep trying to turn into harem games and who gives a shit about characters and story when you can just make another queue system and ignore it all.
Oh come now my queen, you know i'm just having some shits and giggles ;) But i agree with you on most harem games being more contrived than 3 day plugged stomach. And as I said to cheeky, there is no way i think a harem ending could make sense here but the heart wants what the hearts wants :)

Sorry you're not "feeling" these games at the moment, anything i can do to cheer my queen up?

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
HOLY FUCK IT WORKED!

[/QUOTE
I think you're missing the point... What I've said and what Avaron has been saying since forever are the same thing. So this won't be news to her. There will not be a Harem ending. This is not a Harem game. Best case, I'll tack on a little "fake" / silly epilogue (that makes no sense following on from the actual ending) choice . And it will only be for those that want to imagine a non-canon harem ending. For anyone that doesn't want a peek at this particular nonsensical epilogue... their game will end as intended. And when I say some imagery...I just mean a couple of images to back up some dialog....No harem orgy scene.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Now....not to be cranky....But can we let this be the end of it and please ALL stop asking / talking about a harem? :)
Oh absolutely, this was just the culmination of an ongoing discussion that's been popping up now and then :) I agree 100% that there shouldn't be a harem in this game, it would make absolutely no sense story- or character wise.

I just have a tendency to let things run away from me, sorry 'bout that ;)

No more talking about the "H"-word!

Reactions: CheekyGimp

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Sorry you're not "feeling" these games at the moment, anything i can do to cheer my queen up?
I'm not down as such, just frustrated with the amount of devs catering to a vocal kind of player and games that should be great end up really boring. Personal opinion of course, they obviously like them but I just get bored.

It's like they want every game to be exactly the same.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I'm not down as such, just frustrated with the amount of devs catering to a vocal kind of player and games that should be great end up really boring. Personal opinion of course, they obviously like them but I just get bored.

Yeah, variety is the greatest spice (after hunger). I can see devs catering a little to what their fans wants as long it doesn't change his/hers plans and vision for the game.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018

I feel similar to you Ava. I have just stopped playing games with harems unless it is optional which has just ended up with me barely playing any adult VNs and playing actual games instead like you are doing.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
For clarification: Let's agree for the purposes of the conversation, what is your definition of a "Harem" as applied to WTHI ?
I would say I'm one of those people who considers "harem" to mean that the MC is able to be in relationships with every or most female characters with little consequence, or there is some fallout but then it's remedied either by the MC or other female characters. Games like Luke's Way, Sisterly Lust, and WVM come to mind when I think of equivalencies to WTHI in terms of a "harem".

So far, even if it does come back to bite me in the arse incredibly hard, I've enjoyed getting to know all these characters and feel that the vast majority of them have incredibly lovable qualities and aspects that make it hard to turn any of them down, in addition to them all being incredibly smoking hot. :love: Monica, Jenna, Katie, Debbie, Lily, Zarah, and Elaine are really the only characters that I (in my dream harem version) would want to keep around as I feel like any more would be excessive and these are the ones who, in my fantasy harem mind, could perhaps, maybe, possibly, just ever so slightly, work best together in terms of accepting each other IF such a direction had been taken. I feel like, with these characters, there are ways to make them accept such a thing (again, if such a thing were a possibility) even if they don't all end up getting involved with each other as well (except maybe Jenna and Katie, especially after that massage scene ;)).

In any case, I certainly hope for at least a Katie/Debbie/Lily ending as, after the last update, that seems like a distinct possibility as Katie's possessiveness wall has definitely started to crumble.

P.S. I would have also included Bella before Ep 19, but she seemed kinda shady in this episode and I'm thinking she's not as good as she seemed. :unsure:

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020

SL is the one game I don't like doing the harem route in. Not a fan of the girls playing with each other.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I've noticed this a lot lately. Once a dev tries to do a little something different, or that matches with their personal taste, all the complainers come out of the woodwork saying "The MC is not alpha enough", or if two women look at each other "The MC is not the center of the universe at every moment! What a wimp.", etc, etc. Even games that are particularly about one thing, like Estate Dominate, get tons of complaints that there is too much femdom in the game. Did anyone notice the title?

There are hundreds of cookie cutter games here that all have the same fleet of western supermodels lusting after only the MC, without any personality. All these complainers should play those games all day and stop pestering the devs that want to do something a bit original for a change.

Like Where the Heart Is. The characters have lots of personality and their own opinions about sharing the MC, which is a lot more realistic (though still stretching reality a bit, haha), than most games here, so why try to force something that doesn't work with the story and the characters?

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes