N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
Latest Updates have been released. This episode completes Day 1. Your previous saves from the last release should work. (I think)
Version 0.04:
PC direct download:
MAC Direct Download:

Apologies for the delay. Called it quits at 4am last night, so had to finish this morning. FYI: I'm on UK/Irish timezone.

As usual, let me know the feedback......
updated op thanks for the links :)
and gonna add your twitter to op

Reactions: CheekyGimp
Nov 1, 2017
Also, I'm now on Twitter. Just in case anyone gives a fuck :)
Cheeky are you sure old saves work in this update? Cause after the movie scene it goes back to the stairs climbing of the first release and the kiss scene with Monica in her room

D

Deleted member 443783

Guys, is this update worth downloading? (I mean the one he released today)

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Cheeky are you sure old saves work in this update? Cause after the movie scene it goes back to the stairs climbing of the first release and the kiss scene with Monica in her room
Yes. Those scenes were originally in full in Ep 0.02. But I shortened them in 0.03 (broke them each into two sections). This was to slow down progression during the daytime and move some of the options/dialog to later that night. So 0.03 only had a shorter version of the original scene. And the second part was added back into 0.04. If you play form the beginning, you'll see there should be no repetetion, they are different scenes (but they will look familiar if you played the .02 version before they were separated). The new scenes are Jenna's room and the couch scene (and the short meal scene), the updates scenes are the ones that were missing from 0.03.

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
All - As I mentioned previously, this is only a minor update (last full release was only a week ago). So two new scenes only and as per my post above, added back in the scenes that were split out between version 0.02, 0.03.

K4in

Nov 14, 2017
Apologies for the delay. Called it quits at 4am last night, so had to finish this morning. FYI: I'm on UK/Irish timezone.

As usual, let me know the feedback......
Please don't apologies it's your work, no one is going to kill your for delay take your time and never rush update because you didn't meet deadline (mistakes can happen if you are in rush). Also many thing can happen I'm sure everyone understands releases are not set in stone.
Thanks for update.

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
If anyone doesn't want to bother with minor updates (totally understandable), I'd suggest, you give it a couple of weeks, then play this 0.04 version from the start to give you a refresh. This version (if played from beginning) will also allow you to get a full/clean save for the complete Day 1. And I expect this end of Day 1 save should be compatible with all future updates (unless there's a major bug found or if for some unforeseen issue, I need to overhaul the code). And that will then leave you in a good space for the next major (day 2) update....

Reactions: Escape and flanby
Nov 1, 2017
If anyone doesn't want to bother with minor updates (totally understandable), I'd suggest, you give it a couple of weeks, then play this 0.04 version from the start to give you a refresh. This version (if played from beginning) will also allow you to get a full/clean save for the complete Day 1. And I expect this end of Day 1 save should be compatible with all future updates (unless there's a major bug found or if for some unforeseen issue, I need to overhaul the code). And that will then leave you in a good space for the next major (day 2) update....
Cheeky, don't think that i'm judging your work and this update. I'm kind of programmer and i know how difficult is to build such games. I'm loving playing this game, one of the bests i've ever played. So keep doing this great work and thank you! ;)

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Cheeky, don't think that i'm judging your work and this update. I'm kind of programmer and i know how difficult is to build such games. I'm loving playing this game, one of the bests i've ever played. So keep doing this great work and thank you! ;)
Hey Cookie. No problems at all. Just wanted to be clear that this was only a minor update. For some people, that's cool, for others, they might consider it a waste of a download / unzip/ playthrough. And I understand both opinions. Thanks for the feedback. And always feel free to give your inputs- It's always appreciated.

Reactions: K4in

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's better to replay from the begenning or it's the same with these two images added on final?
My suggestion would be to replay from beginning, because this will give a better flow to the whole thing (and makes sense of the scene switches between versions). And a clean "end of Day 1" save after a full playthrough of this version should be able to carry through into future versions without starting from scratch. I even added a save game prompt at the end, just so you know where the clean save can end.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes