J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I started over, deleted the "saves" file.......crash
For most this problem was solved with starting once the "Start Any Episode". After that you can start a new game, too. This should last until the persistent file is deleted again.

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
Can totally agree, not even mentioning the fact (probably) Jo sent mail and then "helps" you finding out Who sent it, and give you camera photo to (probably) continue that wicked game knowing Why El really came to coffee shop, and then saying how much she has "helped" You all this time...
Bruh, this two lesbs can be crying after and sayin' about love to MC but... even if dev Will try to explain how much they're forced to act that way, meh...
If it's like everything else, it won't be black and white when it comes to Bella. We'll get her story and then it will be up to MC to decide what to do with that story and you can bet her story is going to contradict what Elaine said.

Seeing that Elaine gave MC half of her share when he gave her the house tells me that somewhere in there, there must be some sort of `happily ever after' scenario.

Already the money aspect is taken care of as far as MC is concerned. The decision as to whether take the money over the girls is much easier now that you have 2.5 million secured. Sooooo... You decide not to cut off contact with the girls, and your share goes back into the pot. Elaine has already told MC she could not fulfill her 2nd part so that money goes back into the pot.. If Bella fails to fulfill her conditions, THAT money goes back into the pot.

Now, that's 12.5 million floating there and wouldn't you know it, the only condition met is Elaine getting the house which she already pledged that part of her share to MC... BOOM! MC gets it all. Now MC can go nice guy route and give Elaine and Bella their shares back, keep the rest and it's happily ever after.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
For most this problem was solved with starting once the "Start Any Episode". After that you can start a new game, too. This should last until the persistent file is deleted again.
Thanks, will give it a try.....seems like the traceback error is related to something in Chap 8.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Unless that was a sarcastic reply from a vexed developer... I was replaying episodes 21-22 because of my save-game issues (see below!) and ... I haven't even finished REplaying ep 21 yet!
Episodes 21-23 are several hours of content.

Hi. I added now onesmore this Mod variant again so maybe your old saves are working again, too. Download on the mod page.
Info: I also deactivated the dev. console there (in the main game it's activated by devault), maybe that helps to get not thrown out of the game every time when an error occurs.
I wish I knew that before I spent hours replaying episodes. And I am now invested in my new saves as I played ep21 in December and ep 22 in April... so I have forgot much of the small drama while I DO remember vaguely what follows and that helps me make more educated decisions.
But I appreciate your efforts never the less.

• Haha
Reactions: acewinz

stillspiff

Sep 18, 2022
hdd crashed installed this version but it will not start not antivirus and no save folder or persistant file
any ideas?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Regarding Jo vs. Bella:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm going to stretch it a little bit and include Elaine in the comparison.

the problem with Elaine is the trust we have no reason to place in her, but her behavior toward MC is positive from the beginning (certainly taking into account the deception Bella enacts). but on balance she keeps every promise she makes to us. a pity that the real story of the relationship with young Mc will only be known by those who have a romantic relationship with Elaine.

in contrast with Jolina and Bella the problem is trust, which they both betray but with quite different dynamics

the problem with Bella is not that she is the gold digger, and that she has been Donald's mistress. the problem with Bella is that seemingly every action she takes toward Mc has a specific purpose, that of pulling him and Elaine away from their share of the inheritance, and to do this she sets no limits on herself, pretending to help MC, and doing everything she can to make him feel guilty about it, all she does is manipulate him into hating her sister. and it also becomes hard to believe her when it comes to physical attraction, is that real or is that part of her plan as well? here the developers really have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to make her version acceptable.

about Jolina the betrayal is less pronounced, first of all because at least initially she does not know MC and so it makes sense that she would want to help her old love anyway, as opposed to a stranger. the further we go, however, the more substantial the betrayal becomes. Jolina recognizes Elaine's photo just before she accepts MC's offer to host her at the beach house, even then does it make sense for her to keep holding up the game to Bella? but then especially the next morning the developers couldn't resist the cliché of "I have to tell you something, it's urgent that you know, but not now, later," and this later never comes, which makes enough sense if Bella is also a guest at the beach house, but otherwise, all of Jolina's thanks ring really false. but between Bella and Jolina there still remains a difference that at least for me is decisive: Jolina shows repentance, she knows that she is in the wrong and that this could cost her friendship or even MC's love, whereas Bella like a bulldozer continues in her scheming with some slightest hesitation.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
you still have a luxury house that's probably worth a shit load
According to the MC in the game, the money Elaine is going to give him is far more than the house is worth. You have some messed up logic.

There was a photo he discovered in past episodes where Elaine secretly attended the MC's sporting event, against his father's will, which showed me early on that Elaine genuinely cared about him just as she stated.

I am glad I have been nice to her and gave her the house, forgave her, hugged her etc... it's the way I would be in real life and my instincts against that manipulative, lying rat, Bella were spot on. To talk against Elaine or anyone who did nothing wrong tells me a lot about a person.

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
According to the MC in the game, the money Elaine is going to give him is far more than the house is worth. You have some messed up logic.

There was a photo he discovered in past episodes where Elaine secretly attended the MC's sporting event, against his father's will, which showed me early on that Elaine genuinely cared about him just as she stated.

I am glad I have been nice to her and gave her the house, forgave her, hugged her etc... it's the way I would be in real life and my instincts against that manipulative, lying rat, Bella were spot on. To talk against Elaine or anyone who did nothing wrong tells me a lot about a person.
Yeah, from the first time you go to Elaine's house we find that how she treated you in emails, and on the phone... And the way she treats you in person is night and day. It made me wonder, but I unfortunately was not among those who suspected that Dizzy was in fact Bella. I was on the Zarah is Dizzy path.. oops.

When presented with the option of keeping the house or giving it to Elaine...Don's taunting tone caused me to let Elaine have the house no matter the path I was on with her. Something just seemed off about that one.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, from the first time you go to Elaine's house we find that how she treated you in emails, and on the phone... And the way she treats you in person is night and day. It made me wonder, but I unfortunately was not among those who suspected that Dizzy was in fact Bella. I was on the Zarah is Dizzy path.. oops.

When presented with the option of keeping the house or giving it to Elaine...Don's taunting tone caused me to let Elaine have the house no matter the path I was on with her. Something just seemed off about that one.
I have always considered the main point of the Bella vs Elaine issue to be the question of CM's thrown-away clothes.

if Bella's version was true, then Elaine's every word afterwards was a lie, how could she ever think of recomposing her relationship with CM after throwing away her few possessions? even a day earlier than when she had threatened

otherwise Bella was the one who was acting

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
I'm going to stretch it a little bit and include Elaine in the comparison.

the problem with Elaine is the trust we have no reason to place in her, but her behavior toward MC is positive from the beginning (certainly taking into account the deception Bella enacts). but on balance she keeps every promise she makes to us. a pity that the real story of the relationship with young Mc will only be known by those who have a romantic relationship with Elaine.

in contrast with Jolina and Bella the problem is trust, which they both betray but with quite different dynamics

the problem with Bella is not that she is the gold digger, and that she has been Donald's mistress. the problem with Bella is that seemingly every action she takes toward Mc has a specific purpose, that of pulling him and Elaine away from their share of the inheritance, and to do this she sets no limits on herself, pretending to help MC, and doing everything she can to make him feel guilty about it, all she does is manipulate him into hating her sister. and it also becomes hard to believe her when it comes to physical attraction, is that real or is that part of her plan as well? here the developers really have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to make her version acceptable.

about Jolina the betrayal is less pronounced, first of all because at least initially she does not know MC and so it makes sense that she would want to help her old love anyway, as opposed to a stranger. the further we go, however, the more substantial the betrayal becomes. Jolina recognizes Elaine's photo just before she accepts MC's offer to host her at the beach house, even then does it make sense for her to keep holding up the game to Bella? but then especially the next morning the developers couldn't resist the cliché of "I have to tell you something, it's urgent that you know, but not now, later," and this later never comes, which makes enough sense if Bella is also a guest at the beach house, but otherwise, all of Jolina's thanks ring really false. but between Bella and Jolina there still remains a difference that at least for me is decisive: Jolina shows repentance, she knows that she is in the wrong and that this could cost her friendship or even MC's love, whereas Bella like a bulldozer continues in her scheming with some slightest hesitation.
Yep, ofc we can not compare Jo to Bella in terms of scheming, but with all that cries, hurt feeling, romantic, bla-bla... another things dev made to show her like an innocent angel... in the end she ended loyal to Dizzy plan, not MC
So what means more, words or actions?
Whom she loves more?
And even making Jo Solo playthrough it's the same)) So... I don't want to sound like MC's Father but... "Dump that bitches, leave them no cent!" :LOL:

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Yeah, I didn't expect Dizzy was Bella... I was thinking maybe Theresa or... ??? But not Bella. Though I did suspect Bella was up to something, trying to drive a wedge between you and Elaine.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yep, ofc we can not compare Jo to Bella in terms of scheming, but with all that cries, hurt feeling, romantic, bla-bla... another things dev made to show her like an innocent angel... in the end she ended loyal to Dizzy plan, not MC
So what means more, words or actions?
Whom she loves more?
And even making Bella Solo playthrough it's the same)) So... I don't want to sound like MC's Father but...
Bella as she deceived MC and Elaine so she could have deceived Jolina.

I make baseless assumptions: what if Bella had described Elaine as a bitch and that warning Mc about her, however through a lie, was also in the boy's best interest?

Jolina knows what Bella told her, plus she is still in love with her anyway so more willing to believe her

to me Jolina seems "moderately concerned," i.e., more concerned about the matter of principle, that she lied to MC and only knew him because of Bella's plan, than concerned about what she then told him

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
can someone give me any save and persistant file pls
you dont need other peoples saves...apart from this game having too many paths thus making it useless, you do have an option to start from any episode you wanna, and with any relations (with chicks) you wanna.
(just in case you arent trolling yet genuinely uninformed)

stillspiff

Sep 18, 2022
you dont need other peoples saves...apart from this game having too many paths thus making it useless, you do have an option to start from any episode you wanna, and with any relations (with chicks) you wanna.
(just in case you arent trolling yet genuinely uninformed)
not that but i had hdd crash on me. downloaded this ver but will not start at all when dbl click on heart icon even when antiv turned off. hoping that if i create a save folder and paste the two files i can start the game and redo from beginning

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
not that but i had hdd crash on me. downloaded this ver but will not start at all when dbl click on heart icon even when antiv turned off. hoping that if i create a save folder and paste the two files i can start the game and redo from beginning
if the game wont start that most probably has nothing to do with saves/no saves stuff.
which OS are you using, mac, win...?
if win, which version (xp, 7, 8, 10, 119?
etc...

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes