CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hey folks - If all goes to plan, I am hoping to expand the team a little (especially if the steam release works out) so we can have more people working on episode 25 (once we get started on it). And with all due respect, I haven't had a lot of luck with the folks advertising their services in the classifieds here on F95 - I haven't dealt directly, just had a look at some of their work and it's not really what I'm looking for. And the last time I went down that route, I had dealings with dozens of people without much luck. So if any of you know any budding writers, DAZ3D artists / animators or renpy gurus, please send me a DM. But for anyone who doesn't feel they are a master in these areas but... are interested in dipping a toe in the DEV world, my primary wishlist at the moment is someone who can provide general renpy support for basic level stuff such as updating the script with the new images for the re-do... updating for my new variables.... checking pathing and new scene flow makes sense.... adding / updating sex menus (I'm adding imagebuttons to reduce the amount of menus on the screen when you're trying to watch the animations), updating the gui, etc. So if this feels like something any of you would be interested in, then please send me a DM (it's a paid position). Basically, this is to take up some of the slack from stuff that is relatively simple (if you know renpy), but is still taking up my time. This will free me up to spend more time on art/writing for the re-do. The requirements are (in order of importance): 1) Familiarity with WTHI (that's why I'm posting here, rather than the ads section. 2) A good attention to detail (If I need to spend time double-checking your work or correcting your errors, it defeats the purpose :) ) 3) familiarity with renpy (Don't need to be a master, just enough to do the stuff mentioned above). Bonus points (but not a requirement) if you're proficient in Photoshop or Adobe premiere. Thanks.

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hey folks - If all goes to plan, I am hoping to expand the team a little (especially if the steam release works out) so we can have more people working on episode 25 (once we get started on it). And with all due respect, I haven't had a lot of luck with the folks advertising their services in the classifieds here on F95 - I haven't dealt directly, just had a look at some of their work and it's not really what I'm looking for. And the last time I went down that route, I had dealings with dozens of people without much luck. So if any of you know any budding writers, DAZ3D artists / animators or renpy gurus, please send me a DM. But for anyone who doesn't feel they are a master in these areas but... are interested in dipping a toe in the DEV world, my primary wishlist at the moment is someone who can provide general renpy support for basic level stuff such as updating the script with the new images for the re-do... updating for my new variables.... checking pathing and new scene flow makes sense.... adding / updating sex menus (I'm adding imagebuttons to reduce the amount of menus on the screen when you're trying to watch the animations), updating the gui, etc. So if this feels like something any of you would be interested in, then please send me a DM (it's a paid position). Basically, this is to take up some of the slack from stuff that is relatively simple (if you know renpy), but is still taking up my time. This will free me up to spend more time on art/writing for the re-do. The requirements are (in order of importance): 1) Familiarity with WTHI (that's why I'm posting here, rather than the ads section. 2) A good attention to detail (If I need to spend time double-checking your work or correcting your errors, it defeats the purpose :) ) 3) familiarity with renpy (Don't need to be a master, just enough to do the stuff mentioned above). Bonus points (but not a requirement if you're proficient in Photoshop or Adobe premiere). Thanks.
And if any smartasses reply with a message along the lines of "You are looking for someone with a great attention to detail but your message contains 24 typos", don't bother, I already know :) :)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Hey folks - If all goes to plan, I am hoping to expand the team a little (especially if the steam release works out) so we can have more people working on episode 25 (once we get started on it). And with all due respect, I haven't had a lot of luck with the folks advertising their services in the classifieds here on F95 - I haven't dealt directly, just had a look at some of their work and it's not really what I'm looking for. And the last time I went down that route, I had dealings with dozens of people without much luck. So if any of you know any budding writers, DAZ3D artists / animators or renpy gurus, please send me a DM. But for anyone who doesn't feel they are a master in these areas but... are interested in dipping a toe in the DEV world, my primary wishlist at the moment is someone who can provide general renpy support for basic level stuff such as updating the script with the new images for the re-do... updating for my new variables.... checking pathing and new scene flow makes sense.... adding / updating sex menus (I'm adding imagebuttons to reduce the amount of menus on the screen when you're trying to watch the animations), updating the gui, etc. So if this feels like something any of you would be interested in, then please send me a DM (it's a paid position). Basically, this is to take up some of the slack from stuff that is relatively simple (if you know renpy), but is still taking up my time. This will free me up to spend more time on art/writing for the re-do. The requirements are (in order of importance): 1) Familiarity with WTHI (that's why I'm posting here, rather than the ads section. 2) A good attention to detail (If I need to spend time double-checking your work or correcting your errors, it defeats the purpose :) ) 3) familiarity with renpy (Don't need to be a master, just enough to do the stuff mentioned above). Bonus points (but not a requirement) if you're proficient in Photoshop or Adobe premiere. Thanks.
Of all the requirements I have the one in bold and then I love Lily very much:love:

hopefully that's enough.... :cry:

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I could do renpy but my attention to detail is very selective. I can find bugs on paths that nobody has any reason to play and miss that half of the scenes in the gallery throw errors when you open them
The attention to detail requirement is more about catching your own errors (or not causing any in the first place) as opposed to catching my errors (I have a QC team for that :) ). So if you or anyone would like to give it a shot, send me a DM. Or if you're on discord, holler!

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
It's been forever since last time I checked the game, is it anywhere close to being completed? Since it's versionated with episodes, can't really say how close it is to v1.0, would like to know so I don't play it now and have it get the completed tag in 6 months xD

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It's been forever since last time I checked the game, is it anywhere close to being completed? Since it's versionated with episodes, can't really say how close it is to v1.0, would like to know so I don't play it now and have it get the completed tag in 6 months xD
Play it now...get all your ducks and saves in a row. We're close to the end but ep 25 won't be out anytime soon.

Reactions: Husmi

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
depends on when the Steam version comes out, if it comes out in the spring then a Chapter 25 in the summer/fall would be conceivable.

otherwise not before winter, as you say
Yes, I have no knowledge on latest updates on the progress in the roadmap of the redo for Steam.

I guessed that the redo would have taken approximately six months just based on the update from Patreon that was shared here soon after the release of Ep24.

If I remember correctly, the Dev stated that:

1) the redo was involving (at least) the first 10 episodes (or maybe even 12, I don't remember exactly, but anyway not just 3 or 4 episodes).

2) regarding the art it wasn't just a matter of batch substituting old models with new ones and just waiting for render time of the whole batch, but a lot of manual tweaking was going on both in customizing the models of the characters (fine details like the shade of brown of the eyes) and in choosing among different models/parameters for lighting.
This process is more time consuming because of course he has to try different parameters for the same scene, then launch four or eight renderers of it, wait for them to be completed, compare them, and decide which parameters give the best results before being able to set the new parameters to the whole batch...
...this is obviously more time consuming than just re-render the whole batch using the same source files but with just increased quality due to more powerful hardware would have been.

3) he wanted to change something in early choices/branches to improve game experience.
This is time consuming because it is error prone and requires concentration while coding and thorough testing to be sure not to break compatibility with subsequent episodes.

4) he wanted to refactor the game logic by collapsing two state variables for each character into one.
In my limited experience, even the most simple form of refactoring, that is changing just the name of a variable is nontrivial for a program bigger than a few hundreds lines of code if the IDE doesn't provide integrated refactoring facilities like Visual Studio does, and as far as I know Ren'Py doesn't provide anything like that (if I'm wrong about that, corrections are appreciated).
Besides collapsing two variables into one change the logic of the program and so this kind of refactoring can't be automatically done, but instead manually he has to find every occurrence of the two variables in updates due to choices and in if clauses and substitute those with the new logic... I'm confident I'm not wrong if I say that's nontrivial to be done for 10 episodes while making sure not breaking the game by making some branches unreachable by mistake...

So I guessed six months would have been a reasonable time for the redo to be as tested and polished to be publishable on Steam.

---

Of course, if some roadmap updates have been published and I haven't seen them, my guessing can be totally out of date and so unreliable

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I don't give a shit about the money.
Katie is enough for me.

I know she is willing to share me with pretty much everyone
But I really don't want that as my main playthrough
I will check out the scenes in the gallery though if you can unlock them without playing that path.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Willing? Kind of. She has a jealous personality. She only shares the MC because she fears she'll lose him if she doesn't.
I think her jealousy is tempered a bit in the later episodes.
She has nothing to worry about with me though she is the only girl for me.

I will admit though that Debbie is very tempting that sexy little minx.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes