VN Ren'Py White Russian [Ep.1-8 Final] [Nekoma games]

3.90 star(s) 21 Votes

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
White Russian [Ep.1-4] [Nekoma games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 2,31 GB / 272 MB - WhiteRussian-Ep.4-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,28 GB / 237 MB - WhiteRussian-Ep.4-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

tortorus

Aug 29, 2018
still on this...? Dont feed the troll please...

Well i had an bug, and i can t skip error, so the test end here for me...
log here

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Episode 4.rpy", line 3773, in script
jump summaryep4
ScriptError: could not find label 'summaryep4'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump summaryep4
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1757, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
White Russian
Fri Mar 25 02:16:08 2022
It s nice. the story is interesting. it will be only a erotic game ? And chapter are really short... i don t really see of evolution with the characters, from 0 to 100 in 3 sec, i know it s the succubus brew (not enought choice with her, why i could not say no or at least be angry... A demon play with his friend and crush...she could be lie.). but still, i had hoped more with the cousin and the best friend who are in love from start....
Good luck with your game, i see you will need it...

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019
Finished episode 1. So far, so fun. I like the models, and the game seems interesting.
I am hoping growth/expansion doesn't get too extreme. I get that it's the fetish the game is for, but I like the girls as they are already.

But enough about that. I wanted to suggest something to the dev.
I don't know if this is a game where we get to pick which girls we go for, or if we're gonna end up with them all. But under the assumption that there will be some player choice, I wanted to comment something on the cousin, Jane.

When I was younger, I used to play D&D and other games with friends. While playing, one rule we had was "no meta-gaming."
By that we meant that we could not have our characters do things based off of information we, the players, knew, but our characters did not.
So, I see that issue arising a little in this game. We see Jane make comments about the other girls. We see it, the player. But the character we're playing doesn't know she said that.
So, if I make choices that go towards avoiding her character, I worry that's like "meta gaming." If i see aspects of her I don't like as a player, and want to avoid her, I should see that in scenes where the MC sees it too. Otherwise I'm making choices to avoid her based on things I saw in game that the MC didn't.

It's a very minor issues, but it breaks immersion somewhat. Because I already decided "I don't think I like her," so if there are choices to not pursue her, I'll probably skip her. But even though I have a reason why, the MC, so far, doesn't. I hope I'm making sense.

Corvair

Jun 26, 2020
At the moment, White Russian has the distinction of being one of a handful of games where I'm actively looking if an update came out - I dig the premise, the grammar is overwhelmingly good (which is something so rare that I must point it out), and the writing is decent enough as well (minor nitpick incoming in a moment). I like the pose work, the characters are set up nicely for some development, and the game doesn't drown you in exposition. So, all in all, off to a remarkably good start.

That said, let's get into my wishlist/nitpicks:
- At the moment, it feels like a kinetic novel where you can pick which path the protagonist gets to see on occasion, but without any impact from that choice - at least so far.
- Tying into this, I would love if the player had some influence about which girls grow, and how much (maybe even in which ways, nudge, nudge).
- There are some minor issues with girls commenting or thinking about things they can't know. As humanstickobserver points out, that "meta knowledge" kinda breaks players out of immersion.
- Minor Visual Bug: If you pick Kumi as your pool fencing partner (and win), one picture shows Jane sitting on MC's shoulders instead.

In any case: I like what I've seen so far, keep it up!

Nekoma

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I just started the game and have to ask, does the English get better as the game goes on? It's a little distracting with how odd some sentences are.
Wish I could state this in the affirmative, but I don't think my english is improving much as the game goes on. Hope it's not too disruptive. :(

incest m/s b/s?
So far only female cousin with male MC.
In the later course it is possible that s/s joins.

still on this...? Dont feed the troll please...

Well i had an bug, and i can t skip error, so the test end here for me...
log here

It s nice. the story is interesting. it will be only a erotic game ? And chapter are really short... i don t really see of evolution with the characters, from 0 to 100 in 3 sec, i know it s the succubus brew (not enought choice with her, why i could not say no or at least be angry... A demon play with his friend and crush...she could be lie.). but still, i had hoped more with the cousin and the best friend who are in love from start....
Good luck with your game, i see you will need it...
The bug you mention is the end of episode 4. ;)
Thanks for the feedback!
I didn't give the possibility of a more confrontational answer in the first meeting with Leila, the Demon, because for the rest of the story I need the positive interaction between the two as a basis for upcoming events I'm planning.

If I remember correctly, you were the one hoping it wasn't a kinetic novel before a lot of the recent posts were deleted for political content, right? I wouldn't say that the decisions don't play a role at all, but of course they are far from a real branching off effect. The thing is that if I were to give the opportunity to be more hostile towards Leila, I would have to heavily modify upcoming dialogues.

I'm not working full time on this game therefore I don't have the possibility to write far branching storylines. Of course I understand that this is not a bright aspect of my game, but I hope it is relatable.

Hope you still had fun and thanks for wishing me luck! :D

White Russian [Ep.1-4] [Nekoma games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 2,31 GB / 272 MB - WhiteRussian-Ep.4-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,28 GB / 237 MB - WhiteRussian-Ep.4-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -
This is great, thank you!
Now I feel stupid that I can't do this myself xD I'm really surprised how small the quality loss is.o_O

Finished episode 1. So far, so fun. I like the models, and the game seems interesting.
I am hoping growth/expansion doesn't get too extreme. I get that it's the fetish the game is for, but I like the girls as they are already.

But enough about that. I wanted to suggest something to the dev.
I don't know if this is a game where we get to pick which girls we go for, or if we're gonna end up with them all. But under the assumption that there will be some player choice, I wanted to comment something on the cousin, Jane.

When I was younger, I used to play D&D and other games with friends. While playing, one rule we had was "no meta-gaming."
By that we meant that we could not have our characters do things based off of information we, the players, knew, but our characters did not.
So, I see that issue arising a little in this game. We see Jane make comments about the other girls. We see it, the player. But the character we're playing doesn't know she said that.
So, if I make choices that go towards avoiding her character, I worry that's like "meta gaming." If i see aspects of her I don't like as a player, and want to avoid her, I should see that in scenes where the MC sees it too. Otherwise I'm making choices to avoid her based on things I saw in game that the MC didn't.

It's a very minor issues, but it breaks immersion somewhat. Because I already decided "I don't think I like her," so if there are choices to not pursue her, I'll probably skip her. But even though I have a reason why, the MC, so far, doesn't. I hope I'm making sense.
I love the comparison with meta gaming in D&D xD

Ok, this is difficult to explain but I'll try: I use Leila and Carmilla, the two Succubi as meta characters. I use them as a bridge for the game world and the player. In the summarys and the outros she always breaks the 4th wall. In some passages, Leila also directly distinguishes between the player and the avatar (the MC). When Leila looks into the camera she interacts with the player. On the other hand, she also interacts with the avatar over which the player has minor control.

The player sees the world not only from the point of view of the avatar, but also from the point of view of the girls. From time to time, I also intersperse a few sequences from the past, where the MC wasn't even there.

In literature, I think we talk about the authorial narrator and the first-person narrator. And in White Russian I switch perspectives so that the player experiences the intimate moments from the avatar's point of view but the story in general from the point of view of an all-knowing narrator.

I don't know if the description is scientifically correct, but I hope my point is understandable. The thing is that I want this feeling that you have, because you slightly control the avatar, but you are not 'only' him, but also the player who knows more about the story than the avatar.

Now I hope I am making sense. Maybe the hint to see it not only as a role-playing game will help. There we are back at D&D ^^

At the moment, White Russian has the distinction of being one of a handful of games where I'm actively looking if an update came out - I dig the premise, the grammar is overwhelmingly good (which is something so rare that I must point it out), and the writing is decent enough as well (minor nitpick incoming in a moment). I like the pose work, the characters are set up nicely for some development, and the game doesn't drown you in exposition. So, all in all, off to a remarkably good start.

That said, let's get into my wishlist/nitpicks:
- At the moment, it feels like a kinetic novel where you can pick which path the protagonist gets to see on occasion, but without any impact from that choice - at least so far.
- Tying into this, I would love if the player had some influence about which girls grow, and how much (maybe even in which ways, nudge, nudge).
- There are some minor issues with girls commenting or thinking about things they can't know. As humanstickobserver points out, that "meta knowledge" kinda breaks players out of immersion.
- Minor Visual Bug: If you pick Kumi as your pool fencing partner (and win), one picture shows Jane sitting on MC's shoulders instead.

In any case: I like what I've seen so far, keep it up!
Thanks for the kind words! :D

I understand your wishes for more decision-making power, but as described above, it is too much work for me to branch off far and wide.

I also answered about meta gaming above, but the fact that the girls are talking about something they don't know is not my intention. If you like, can you tell me where you noticed that? (Remember that the girls also talk to each other 'behind the camera' and let each other know about things. If that maybe explains it :unsure:)

I will fix the bug and sorry for constantly referencing the other answers I've given before.;)

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Wish I could state this in the affirmative, but I don't think my english is improving much as the game goes on. Hope it's not too disruptive. :(
Don't feel too bad about it, it's not horrible or anything. The game is more than playable, it's just that some sentences are a little funny sounding. Perhaps see if you could find a beta reader to help polish the text? If not, no big deal. Again, it's not so bad that the game is unplayable. I had a lot of fun with the current content and can't wait for more!

Reactions: Nekoma

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
I didn't think I'd like this because lactation isn't really my thing (heresy, I know), but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I do wish the MC had more of a backbone though, he seems really spineless in, well, just about every single situation. I found myself rolling my eyes after every "MC's fault without being MC's fault anime cliche" that would play out, but liked the characters so far. Just a personal pet peeve, as I tend to gravitate towards proactive protagonists. My favourite char is ofc the childhood friend, because childhood friends never win. At first I audibly went "wtf" when I saw the manlet MC walking next to her in the first scene, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that I wished she was shorter, and after saving to see what the choice would entail, I decided she has to be protected at all costs. I can see where you're going with this love route, and I like it. Definitely the "true" ending. Looking forward to more. (y)

• Angry
Reactions: johndoe19

Kiaterra117

Jan 16, 2018
i got a error is there a fix to it
Code:

While running game code:
    jump summaryep4

Full traceback:
    jump summaryep4

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
White Russian 
Mon Mar 28 09:56:42 2022

Nekoma

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I didn't think I'd like this because lactation isn't really my thing (heresy, I know), but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I do wish the MC had more of a backbone though, he seems really spineless in, well, just about every single situation. I found myself rolling my eyes after every "MC's fault without being MC's fault anime cliche" that would play out, but liked the characters so far. Just a personal pet peeve, as I tend to gravitate towards proactive protagonists. My favourite char is ofc the childhood friend, because childhood friends never win. At first I audibly went "wtf" when I saw the manlet MC walking next to her in the first scene, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that I wished she was shorter, and after saving to see what the choice would entail, I decided she has to be protected at all costs. I can see where you're going with this love route, and I like it. Definitely the "true" ending. Looking forward to more. (y)
I'm glad you're enjoying it. Reading an experience report like this is always cool for a dev, so thanks for that. :D
I can totally relate to the MC coming across as spineless. My idea was that he is rather reserved to submissive and lets things happen and adapts rather than trying to influence them. In order for the story to progress, pretty much all the girls are proactive. As you say, it's a matter of taste, of course. I like it more when the girls are more dominant and try to get what they want. :sneaky:

i got a error is there a fix to it
Code:

While running game code:
    jump summaryep4

Full traceback:
    jump summaryep4

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
White Russian
Mon Mar 28 09:56:42 2022
This report marks the end of episode 4. I started working on episode 5 before the public realease and then just cut out the scenes I already had for episode 5.

Unfortunately I forgot to delete the command 'jump summaryep4', so the code searches for the label 'summaryep4', which is part of episode 5 and I removed. Sorry that this causes confusion :confused:

iKamoficial

Feb 14, 2020
Hey SeveredRealms , I wanted to say that wehn you input your name at the start of the game it returns an error-screen if you leave it blank. You can still ignore the error and you will be able to continue with a blank name but I just wanted to report it. Sorry if you already knew about it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SeveredRealms
3.90 star(s) 21 Votes