Ren'Py Whore Life [v0.7] [K8D]

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

frankmtl

Feb 18, 2020
Here is the error when she tries to do anything in the bar. The barman dialogue just loops, and she can't leave the bar.
So i decompiled and unpacked with unren and changed in file Multiverse/places 2/Bar/Bar2.rpyc in line 9 "call screen yardco2" into "call screen yardco". It seems working for now

Reactions: K8D

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
It doesn't work. With this installed the game doesn't load.
In addition to copying the modified file to the game folder, you need to extract the scripts.rpa file in the game folder where it actually is, remove or rename it after that so that the extracted files are used instead of the rpa content and then go to the Multiverse/places 2/Bar folder where Bar2.rpyc is. Remove or rename it so that the new modified file is used instead.

In both cases renaming means making sure the files no longer have any well-known extension in the context of renpy, such as rpa, rpy or rpyc, so you can just add a .old suffix or something like that. Make sure you see the file extensions in your file browser if you're using Windows (otherwise you won't be changing the extension but the filename itself).

Regarding the extraction of the rpa file, in Linux you have to use

Just copy rpatool to the game folder (make sure the file is executable) and then:
rpatool -x scripts.rpa

You may have to use the -o modifier to indicate the output folder where the file is going to be extracted to and there you'll have to use the global path of the game folder:
rpatool -x scripts.rpa -o /paht/to/WhoreLife.../game

For Windows you can use (never tried it TBH).

Regards

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
In addition to copying the modified file to the game folder, you need to extract the scripts.rpa file in the game folder where it actually is, remove or rename it after that so that the extracted files are used instead of the rpa content and then go to the Multiverse/places 2/Bar folder where Bar2.rpyc is. Remove or rename it so that the new modified file is used instead.

In both cases renaming means making sure the files no longer have any well-known extension in the context of renpy, such as rpa, rpy or rpyc, so you can just add a .old suffix or something like that. Make sure you see the file extensions in your file browser if you're using Windows (otherwise you won't be changing the extension but the filename itself).

Regarding the extraction of the rpa file, in Linux you have to use

Just copy rpatool to the game folder (make sure the file is executable) and then:
rpatool -x scripts.rpa

You may have to use the -o modifier to indicate the output folder where the file is going to be extracted to and there you'll have to use the global path of the game folder:
rpatool -x scripts.rpa -o /paht/to/WhoreLife.../game

For Windows you can use (never tried it TBH).

Regards
Hi there thanks for the head up, can't we use UnRen from this site ? what is the diference ?
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/

• Red Heart

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
Hi there thanks for the head up, can't we use UnRen from this site ? what is the diference ?
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/
Although the problem has already been solved, in general you can use UnRen or rpatool, as you prefer. At some point there was an issue with UnRen when it came to extract the contents of rpa files (with some specific versions, apparently) which forced you to launch rpatool directly but it may have been fixed by now, I don't know.

Regards

Reactions: K8D and xapican

2MoshPit

Sep 22, 2021
Hey there,

I've downloaded the new (fixed) version (thanks to dev) - but now I have a new problem:
the laptop I should buy does not work (Task-Button)...
any ideas how to solve this or is there notthing more in this update (I were in the hotel already)?
I can't go to bed either after my working shift at the bar...

best regards

K8D

Game Developer
May 4, 2022
Hey there,

I've downloaded the new (fixed) version (thanks to dev) - but now I have a new problem:
the laptop I should buy does not work (Task-Button)...
any ideas how to solve this or is there notthing more in this update (I were in the hotel already)?
I can't go to bed either after my working shift at the bar...

best regards
I am currently working on the next update, 0.5 will be released soon
All these problems will be solved
Also, I am working on developing the story greatly

O.Lyonnais69

Mar 2, 2018
Hi guys !

Impossible for me to meet Luna in the Motel. I have the same message every time : "Buying suitable clothes from the market to enter or go talk to Luna in her room".
Lune never responds and i've try all dress without success

Please someone can help me ?
Thx

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes