2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of Whore Life v0.1

Download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucasdavid and K8D

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Opinions are opinions, it's ok if you have a different one...

• Personally, I think desperation and sexual exploitation interesting. Obviously it's gross in real life, but this is all make believe...
  • Female protagonist works well when dealing with prostitution. Ignore the people who riot when they see a penis that isn't theirs... I think they are turned on by men and are overcompensating. They need to accept themselves.
  • I need to say I think your renders are flat. They look dated, with a low resolution. This isn't a deal breaker but the product does take a hit for looking as such.
  • The writing needs work. Idea wise the story is fine, but I mean how sentences are phrased, it feels like this is written by someone who English is a second language. Find someone who knows English and ask them to proof read it and send you suggestions. Currently no character is believable because there is a lack of communication.
  • My opinion is that this game needs more direction and less sandbox.
  • I also think you should avoid writing the whore as a sex crazed maniac by default. Whores do not normally enjoy having sex with clients, there can totally be exceptions but most don't. You should probably give the player the choice how the whore feels about being used. If the player wants her to be a bimbo then cool, but I recommend allowing the player the option of not liking random men fucking her for money, but she fakes pleasure as part of the performance.
  • I really do like that the main character looks like a normal sized women and not a blow up doll.
  • Obviously the game has bug in this early state.

Overall this is really rough, but I do think this is savable. The writing NEEDS improvement though, this will not go anywhere without better writing. Good luck to your game. I will keep an eye on it.

K8D

Game Developer
May 4, 2022

• Personally, I think desperation and sexual exploitation interesting. Obviously it's gross in real life, but this is all make believe...
  • Female protagonist works well when dealing with prostitution. Ignore the people who riot when they see a penis that isn't theirs... I think they are turned on by men and are overcompensating. They need to accept themselves.
  • I need to say I think your renders are flat. They look dated, with a low resolution. This isn't a deal breaker but the product does take a hit for looking as such.
  • The writing needs work. Idea wise the story is fine, but I mean how sentences are phrased, it feels like this is written by someone who English is a second language. Find someone who knows English and ask them to proof read it and send you suggestions. Currently no character is believable because there is a lack of communication.
  • I also think you should avoid writing the whore as a sex crazed maniac by default. Whores do not normally enjoy having sex with clients, there can totally be exceptions but most don't. You should probably give the player the choice how the whore feels about being used. If the player wants her to be a bimbo then cool, but I recommend allowing the player the option of not liking random men fucking her for money, but she fakes pleasure as part of the performance.
  • I really do like that the main character looks like a normal sized women and not a blow up doll.

Overall this is really rough, but I do think this is savable. The writing NEEDS improvement though, this will not go anywhere without better writing. Good luck to your game. I will keep an eye on it.
Thank you for your interest, your message is very useful
I really have a big problem with the translation, but it will be modified in the next update

Reactions: keenkp

pteth leardon

Nov 23, 2017

nice job on the review except for two parts.. insulting people in your review based on your opinion deflates your credibility, secondly.. unless you have credentials to prove that you have interviewed and/or are some sort of lifelong customer of prostitutes you may want to avoid using phrases like "most dont" again it deflates the credibility of the review. but i do agree with the point which is giving the players a choice.

other than that.. spot on review and well done.

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
insulting people in your review based on your opinion deflates your credibility, secondly..
Well I am at the point I think we should social shame people for being dumb. I guess I should have just left it out of that post and made a specific post about the problematic behavior. You are right.

Note I think it's ok for people to only like male protagonists. I also think you are rude if you go into a thread that has a female protagonist and ONLY say I hate female protagonists. I'm cool with it if its expanded upon.

If they added more to their reasoning that could change their post into being constructive. You could say... I generally don't like female protagonists because they are often written poorly. The games are generally written by men and they have the women act as if they are men and it comes off as unimerrsive. Saying that, there are a few games were the writing is so good I enjoy them more than male protagonist games, but sadly they are rare.

As for the prostitutes not enjoying the sex with clients, I don't have documentation, but I have meet and talked to a few who have. Not a huge sample size I admit. NONE of them enjoyed the sex in general, and they also know no one who did enjoy it. The sex was all physical and not emotional. I could go on but my point is from my personal knowledge most women don't enjoy it, though I'm sure some do. If you want research, well I don't even know where you would find that LOL.

pteth leardon

Nov 23, 2017
Well I am at the point I think we should social shame people for being dumb. I guess I should have just left it out of that post and made a specific post about the problematic behavior. You are right.

Note I think it's ok for people to only like male protagonists. I also think you are rude if you go into a thread that has a female protagonist and ONLY say I hate female protagonists. I'm cool with it if its expanded upon.

If they added more to their reasoning that could change their post into being constructive. You could say... I generally don't like female protagonists because they are often written poorly. The games are generally written by men and they have the women act as if they are men and it comes off as unimerrsive. Saying that, there are a few games were the writing is so good I enjoy them more than male protagonist games, but sadly they are rare.

As for the prostitutes not enjoying the sex with clients, I don't have documentation, but I have meet and talked to a few who have. Not a huge sample size I admit. NONE of them enjoyed the sex in general, and they also know no one who did enjoy it. The sex was all physical and not emotional. I could go on but my point is from my personal knowledge most women don't enjoy it, though I'm sure some do. If you want research, well I don't even know where you would find that LOL.
its not that i disagree with you at all, just seemed you were shooting for a more professional review than most leave here, i was just suggesting a couple of points that would have polished up a bit. i think you were spot on with your critique.

Lueille_Spank

May 10, 2022
The game concept looks promising, therefore this alpha 0.1 stage is something to keep an eye on. Graphics and artworks are quite good, but the English is so flat and primitive that it highly lowers the joy from playing adventure.

Female protagonist is a good concept, also the whoring part - as it was described above - should be driven in a creative manner. There are pretty wide pool of games with female MC being a cockthirsty person moving from one guy to another and there is a plae for something more creative.

Also for a lesbian it is an upsetting turn-off that game says "lesbian" but the first encounter which you make is to suck up a random guy. As usual... Big bummer.

keenkp

Nov 25, 2019
Good, but it can be better, i suggest you try " The Motel", the dev is good at the scripts. He used to make adult comic and have experiences.

For the MC, I prefer Manila Shaw's design: corruption/addicted , or just save money for revenge.

You can see " Good girl gone Bad". I hope it will give you some fresh ideas.

Reactions: Seawulf00 and K8D

K8D

Game Developer
May 4, 2022
Good, but it can be better, i suggest you try " The Motel", the dev is good at the scripts. He used to make adult comic and have experiences.

For the MC, I prefer Manila Shaw's design: corruption/addicted , or just save money for revenge.

You can see " Good girl gone Bad". I hope it will give you some fresh ideas.
"Good girl gone bad" My favorite game
Thanks
I will play these games as soon as possible to help me in the next update

Reactions: tripleP

Boobman4424

Oct 22, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Screen yardco2 is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Multiverse/places 2/Bar/Bar2.rpyc", line 9, in script
  File "D:\Stuff\Whorelife-0.4-win\Whorelife-0.4-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Stuff\Whorelife-0.4-win\Whorelife-0.4-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Stuff\Whorelife-0.4-win\Whorelife-0.4-win\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Stuff\Whorelife-0.4-win\Whorelife-0.4-win\renpy\exports.py", line 3167, in call_screen
    show_screen(_screen_name, _transient=True, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Stuff\Whorelife-0.4-win\Whorelife-0.4-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1185, in show_screen
    raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))
Exception: Screen yardco2 is not known.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Whore life 0.4
Fri Jan  6 03:49:15 2023

Reactions: K8D
2.30 star(s) 4 Votes